Eric Dungey is one tough SOB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey is one tough SOB

Nobody's concerned with his 45% completion percentage the last 2 games ?

Sure he misses some throws, but there was another 4 or 5 drops today. Separation hasn't been that great either. He did get another 100+ on the ground, and that's including sack yardage. For what this offense needs right I think Dungey is perfect. If we aren't getting that yardage on the ground then the QB better be completing at least 60% bare minimum

He’s not had a great couple of games. Good news is that the next three opponents aren’t stocked with top 10 recruiting classes.

Yeah, kinda my thought as well.

We have our best QB since the #2 overall pick and the father of one of our top recruits is already laying the foundation for complaining about PT next year.

Awesome indeed.

TD ain't a recruit anymore. I don't disagree with you though. His comments are laughable quite frequently.

Can't even imagine how much time he's going to need to spend in the training room this week.

He did that playing on a completely gimpy ankle. What a freaking warrior.

Yes, he is. Are ww gonna wax poetic again after a tough loss??? We adored him last week after 4 picks. This week he picked it up after another slow start and bad early pick. He is the warrior bc there were way too many qb runs today, especially in the 3rd quarter. He has alot of arm talent from the pocket but the staff refused to use that today, and it cost us the game.

He’s not had a great couple of games. Good news is that the next three opponents aren’t stocked with top 10 recruiting classes.

Hard to imagine, 278 through the air with 2 TD passes, 109 rushing and another TD, 1 pick. Yet HeS playing poorly, 45% yadda yadda. Unbelievable.

We need Boeheim to give a without Dungey presser.

90% of teams would kill for Dungey. Jimbo Fisher, think he’d want Dungey?

Last edited:
No. I honestly hope your son never has a bad game when his time comes, otherwise you will likely regret making some of these posts.
It comes with the position , I've praised ED it's just a fact this offense needs 67-70% completion rate as so many of our short easy passes are actually our running game

Nobody's concerned with his 45% completion percentage the last 2 games ?

And it's not like these were road games against teams with future NFL defenders all over the field.

Crazy tough kid. Anyone else get worried when he chucked the ball at the FSU player late in the game after a keeper? I think it was the first play of either the last drive or the TD drive.

Super competitive.
They talk shi to him all game. He’s got to compose himself. I don’t know why are line doesnt stick up for him more often

It comes with the position , I've praised ED it's just a fact this offense needs 67-70% completion rate as so many of our short easy passes are actually our running game
To be fair, we have a large amount of drops and a very young suspect line. I understand the concern but I’m not too worried about that stat yet

Agreed that ideally the completion % should be a little higher. I think low 60s is what we want to see. But you have to factor in drops too. Strickland dropped an easy 1st down pass, Erv dropped an easy one that may have gone for 6. You can't look at it strictly in a vacuum. I really liked what I saw from ED today. He also had to carry it 20+ times on a bum ankle. That takes a toll. I guess I would say there are other places to point the finger for today's loss, but you win as a team & lose as one. No 1 guy lost this game for us, especially not Dungey.

Miami game was bad. His worst performance ever. Everyone has a bad game in their career. Today was not one of those games. He completed 56% of his throws today. Not great, but he's the best option we have even with a busted ankle. He's the only QB that can give us a chance to win with our oline struggles.

Miami may not be as good as their undefeated record would indicate, but their D is LEGIT. If any team was going to give Dungey fits, it’s not surprising that it would be Miami. Especially since this was a road game. Btw, I’m eager to see how this Miami D does against Notre Dame. Notre Dame is a phenomenal offensive team, but wouldn’t be surprised if Miami finds a way to beat them at home.

Miami may not be as good as their undefeated record would indicate, but their D is LEGIT. If any team was going to give Dungey fits, it’s not surprising that it would be Miami. Especially since this was a road game. Btw, I’m eager to see how this Miami D does against Notre Dame. Notre Dame is a phenomenal offensive team, but wouldn’t be surprised if Miami finds a way to beat them at home.

Well, they are beating VT pretty good right now

He’s completing 60% for the season and that includes a horrible Miami game. And he’s our leading rusher along with 9 rushing TDS.

do you watch games or just read stat sheets??
What I love most about Dungey is he obviously doesn't give a crap about his stats, he just desperately wants to win.

It's refreshing for me as I'm used to watching my NFL team's quarterback never throwing the ball away, and never taking chances or throwing to a WR who isn't wide open because he likes to pump up his completion percentage and other numbers.

Can't even imagine how much time he's going to need to spend in the training room this week.

He did that playing on a completely gimpy ankle. What a freaking warrior.
It would be nice if the OL would step up and deliver a fraction of the effort ED puts out there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom