Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA

I have mixed feelings on Dungey.

He personally willed the team to victory on more than on occasion. He was a total warrior and carried the offense on his back before last year.

But why was he always taking shots? How many times did he say the community doesn’t believe in him or the team? Heck he said that AFTER the Camping World game when the stadium was filled with orange. Why even say that after winning the game?

And when he said last year that Chance was going to have the best SU career or be the best qb... Even if he believed that it still seemed like a dig at TD. He played like he had a chip on his shoulder and maybe he did hah.

I think he deserves a shot as a FA and hope he does

31 qbs have now been drafted, signed UDFA, or invited to camps.

if you guys want to look for a comparison, statistically the comparison is lamar Jackson if you were to consider pass and rush attempts. except that Jackson had better rush per attempt, pass per attempt, touchdowns, measurables, and yet the nfl isn't sure if he is good enough to be a Qb.

dungey rushed something like 17 times a game, that is not a thing in the nfl. it actually isn't a thing in the dino offense. for reference, garopollo rushed something like 7 times a game.

dungey rushed something like 17 times a game, that is not a thing in the nfl. it actually isn't a thing in the dino offense. for reference, garopollo rushed something like 7 times a game.

it doesn't have to be a thing in the nfl.

He is the most important SU football player in the last 10 years. The kid lifted our program from the ashes on his shoulders.
no one disagreed with that, but other players were good too

it doesn't have to be a thing in the nfl.
also, lamar Jackson had better passing stats than dungey, yet he was considered a runner only. how do you resolve that? dungey is a worse runner and passer than lamar Jackson, and he is considered a reach as an nfl starter.

I think the minimum CFL salary is around 60k. I would imagine ED could make 100k or more. I wonder if he heads North.

you know he's been "blacklisted"? ive posted my thoughts more than once. its either injury concerns or hes considering offers. but he hasn't been blackballed.
my wildly uninformed guess is that he is only agreeing to compete as a QB. and i don't blame him.

also, lamar Jackson had better passing stats than dungey, yet he was considered a runner only. how do you resolve that? dungey is a worse runner and passer than lamar Jackson, and he is considered a reach as an nfl starter.

Whos talking nfl starter? we're talking a FA signing.

my wildly uninformed guess is that he is only agreeing to compete as a QB. and i don't blame him.

that equals blackballed?

I think the minimum CFL salary is around 60k. I would imagine ED could make 100k or more. I wonder if he heads North.
Like his coach

Go make a million or two over the course of 5+ yrs then come back and coach.

Tom Brady college stats. i would say 90% of nfl qb's had better college stats.

Michigan

Big Ten

QB

Michigan

Big Ten

QB

I think he needs a chance and could be a good backup to the starter. Love his grit and absolute craziness but that doesn’t equate well in Nfl with bigger faster guys. Let’s hope he gets his chance. Kid is a warrior.

Still nothing. There is weighing options, and then there is something else entirely.

Feels like the latter here, unfortunately :(

Chargers are possibly showing interest in Eric Dungey. The Chargers could be bringing him in for a workout later this week. The Chargers did draft a qb(Easton Stick in the 5th round) and have Cardale Jones as a back-up to Rivers. This may be more to guage Eric's interest in playing a different role on the team. NFL teams in general are aware of Eric and there is interest from other teams. They are aware that Eric is a great athlete and competitor but then again, so is anyone else who wants to play at the NFL level.
This is fake news. The Chargers have 4 QBs on the roster, Rivers, Tyrod Taylor, Cardale Jones, and Stick. Eric isn't going there or anywhere in the NFL.

This is fake news. The Chargers have 4 QBs on the roster, Rivers, Tyrod Taylor, Cardale Jones, and Stick. Eric isn't going there or anywhere in the NFL.
Did you read the post you responded to? No mention of bringing him in as a QB

As I read the comments, they reinforce why I'm reading them on a message board and not in an NFL team's war room. Baseless opinion offered up as fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom