Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA

I would love to see Eric brought into KC and converted to a TE behind Kelce. Think they could design some great trick plays with him and Mahomes.

Lol. I am owning my orange-colored glasses - but apparently that's a bridge too far for you. I'm a fan and wanted Eric Dungey to get a chance to get drafted. I also root for whomever the coach is at the time and try to be optimistic. I've been 100% honest about it. I'll take my lumps, happily.

I love that optimism drives you so crazy. Helps me imagine the kind of dude you are.

I think you just wanted to be the only person I actively ignore on the forum. Achievement unlocked.
He did have a chance to get drafted. He just didn't

Players who are considered sure fire picks drop many rounds based on health concerns. I cant think of another reason that would prevent him from getting a contract.

Didn’t quote it but previous poster said Eric said the community doesn’t believe. Think he said no one believed in us and that was just the general ya against the world mentality. Also when he say that about chance being best cuse qb ever? The only tea leaves I read were maybe Eric and couple of his senior buddies were a niche group. Now with tommy he seems more into everyone and is very liked by everyone socially and athletically {I get this from social media postings}

Personally I don't believe that ED is solely responsible for changing our program as you say. He missed many games and made many mistakes that a lot of SU fans over look. There were many players on the team that had just as much, if not more, impact on SU's rise. I have never seen enough QB skill in ED at the NFL level. When he could play he left it all on the field, but so did many others.
Without Dungey we would have only won 4-6 games.

He has tremendous athleticism - he is tough and he can run.

He is also super smart.

But, he probably does not have an NFL arm.

I suspect that that is what concerns the NFL scouts.

He also has an agent I would trust. Perhaps waiting to see where every other chip falls.

Prediction: Dungey FA to Seattle.

I love Dungey and would be thrilled to be wrong about this, but I just think it comes down to the lack of velocity that he puts on his throws. I don't know if it's mechanics, or injuries he's dealt with, but the ball doesn't seem to have the same level of zip that Nassib or even freshman Devito are able to put on their quick reads or deep balls. Like when Tommy came in at the end of UNC, it felt like the ball was being zipped around the field in a way I never saw from ED.

So you pick 2 guys with cannons for arms? News flash...there are few guys that have the zip those 2 guys have. They both have above average NFL velocity. ED's issue is not so much velocity as it is other things already mentioned.

So you pick 2 guys with cannons for arms? News flash...there are few guys that have the zip those 2 guys have. They both have above average NFL velocity. ED's issue is not so much velocity as it is other things already mentioned.

There are "few guys" with the zip of someone who has 10 career NFL pass attempts (Nassib) and a 20-year-old (Devito) with zero career college starts? That seems like an exaggeration.

I’d just like to see him make considerable money doing what he loves. I never figured he’d be a starting QB. You cannot tell me he can’t earn his way into a Nassib like role though.

I hope Dungey gets a shot or 2 in the NFL, but I'm not bent out of shape over it. The kid was a homerun for Cuse Football and played a massive role in making this program relevant again. I hope to see him coaching the game before too long.

As a GMen fan, I AM bent out of shape over drafting a crow-hopping Jones with the 6th pick. That, to me, is one of the biggest stretches I've ever seen in the Draft. He would've been there at 17 or later, regardless of what Gettleman says as he tries convince his fan base.

Dungey will be successful in life, he has the drive and passion that you simply cannot teach. Whatever he ends up doing, he will be good at it.

One play doesn't cause a loss. Sure, he forced a pass into endzone that was picked to end game but we don't get to OT without ED. ED was the QB and leader on a 10-win team. End of conversation.
I'm not going to debate you since there is no point. I'll just say that ED got pulled from the NC game because SU was going to lose because of him. TD came in and won the game.

One play doesn't cause a loss. Sure, he forced a pass into endzone that was picked to end game but we don't get to OT without ED. ED was the QB and leader on a 10-win team. End of conversation.
I will dis agree TD was a big part in what could have been a season making win and steadied the ship vs FSU , TD also was inches away from coming in the Pitt game , to your point no one play or player wins or loses a game .
But ED getting 100% credit isn’t accurate

I'm not going to debate you since there is no point. I'll just say that ED got pulled from the NC game because SU was going to lose because of him. TD came in and won the game.
Ok, Tommy won NC and FSU. Eight wins for Eric. The guy is one of the best QBs SYR ever had.

So Babers didn’t start Devito every game thereafter because why? Because football is a team sport. I’m not making excuses, but maybe Dungey was hurt. Everyone (probably including you too) commented how he didn’t seem like himself and could possibly be hurt.

Dungey won’t have a career in the NFL like McNabb did, but most of us here just think he deserves a shot.

I hope Dungey gets a shot or 2 in the NFL, but I'm not bent out of shape over it. The kid was a homerun for Cuse Football and played a massive role in making this program relevant again. I hope to see him coaching the game before too long.

As a GMen fan, I AM bent out of shape over drafting a crow-hopping Jones with the 6th pick. That, to me, is one of the biggest stretches I've ever seen in the Draft. He would've been there at 17 or later, regardless of what Gettleman says as he tries convince his fan base.

Dungey will be successful in life, he has the drive and passion that you simply cannot teach. Whatever he ends up doing, he will be good at it.
If the dolphins didnt take haskins with their pick they sure as hell weren’t taking jones. Denver’s tageted Lock for a while now and im willing to bet the skins liked Jones only because they never dreamed Haskins would fall to them.

Imagine a wildcat with lamar jackson and ED. Was thinking about that the other day.

Maybe what the G men need is to sign Dungey to be their Cousins to Jones ala RGIII. Nah, Gettlemans too much of a meathead to get that creative.

I think the minimum CFL salary is around 60k. I would imagine ED could make 100k or more. I wonder if he heads North.
It’d be low to start... Lot of the bench guys up here have other jobs as well (not saying in anyway Eric would be a bench guy here)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom