ESPN article on succession plans at Duke, UNC & Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN article on succession plans at Duke, UNC & Syracuse

I believe he knows things won't be getting better at UW. So he doesn't want to be there anymore. He knows SU will call him when JB retires.
So you want a coach who is giving up?

So you want a coach who is giving up?

There is nothing left there, it's not going to get better this year and following years look at his inbound recruiting. Time to come home where he belongs with some HC experience under his belt where those dried up recruiting wells will spring again back here.

I’ll say this for the 5,000th time. Hop is getting the first call. Red will be included. Oats will be included and that is the short list. Younger beilein was going to be included on it and probably had a really good shot but that’s out the window. Depending on Paulus success he will also get a look. Don’t know why you guys continue to say all these other names of people that have a zero percent chance of being the next coach. Trust me

Don’t know why anybody is impressed with Hop. He has not shown to be really good at anything except for maybe recruiting over 10 years ago. We need all new blood. New energy. I like Oats...he ain’t scared.

Did you Tim the Toolman Taylor is going to be on Last Man Standing?

Yeah watched the episode. Must see episode. Great to see the tribute to Home Improvement.

Anyone ever watch the show Still Standing? Early 2000s. Not extremely well known but I thought it was great. And a milf in it.

You seem like a guy who would have enjoyed the old TGIF? Huh
Probably HOFCeluck as well.

Yeah as a kid growing up every pre teen kid at home friday night with their family in the 90s watching TGIF on ABC.

Need ESPN+ to access to the full article.

Summary: Job is not in the same class as the other 2. Cooley, Willard, Autry, GMac are their candidates.

I personally would not be excited in any way with any of the 4.

If Cooley even comes in second, I will donate an organ while I am living.

I love Oats. He succeeds and wins. College version of Thibs with the Kinicks.

And calling out K showed me he could deal with the “following a legend” narrative that will hang over him. Being at Bama with Savanna only helps.

Winner with grit. All in there or if Paulus goes from Robin to Batman at Niagara in the next 24 months.

Fun to see everyone assume Oats is going to be around to take a Syracuse job. The way he’s going maybe he’ll take a ...gasps...better job.

Would love Oats but there’s also something to be said about replacing Coach K or Boeheim. Do you want to be “that” guy to replace “the” guy?

I believe he knows things won't be getting better at UW. So he doesn't want to be there anymore. He knows SU will call him when JB retires.
85320AA1-7D37-4154-9985-62E420375500.gif

I’ll say this for the 5,000th time. Hop is getting the first call. Red will be included. Oats will be included and that is the short list. Younger beilein was going to be included on it and probably had a really good shot but that’s out the window. Depending on Paulus success he will also get a look. Don’t know why you guys continue to say all these other names of people that have a zero percent chance of being the next coach. Trust me

Respect your intel, but there also has to be consideration given to his performance. If he has multiple single digit (possibly low single digit) win seasons, does he still remain the first call. Sound doubtful. Certainly JW will be taking his performance into consideration when considering if that first call expectation remains. It can't have a permanent shelf life.

Agreed. I still think Paulus is a dark horse here for a lot of reasons. But that search will be over after the first call. And I will be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom