ESPN Game Day is cancelled | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN Game Day is cancelled

I passed the game day equipment Truck (not bus) at 130pm today in Cartland headed up 81s to Syracuse. At least at that time it seamed like it was still on.

The game itself will (hopefully) have a "celebratory nature" but they aren't canceling it. They could do a sort of muted Game Day, cover the story and cover the game, too.

Last edited:
I passed the game day equipment Truck (not bus) at 130pm today in Cartland headed up 81s to Syracuse. At least at that time it seamed like it was still on.

It was on. ESPN said 3-4 hours ago that the show is gonna go on as planned.

I for one don't understand this decision. Yes its terrible that someone lost there life but a 1 hour show on ESPN is not going to change anything. I mean this will already be all over the place because someone famous is involved. This decision to not have it is not going to change anything that happened so might as well have it continue anyways

I feel so bad for the students who wasted there time camping out for college game day.

The game itself will (hopefully) have a "celebratory nature" but they aren't canceling it. They could due a sort of muted Game Day, cover the story and cover the game, too.
It's the right move considering the close timing of it all. GameDay by nature (especially the football version) always includes somber storylines when appropriate, but moving the show away is an easy and good move. One must now move on to see how the game itself will be handled.

So punishing the team and fans makes this better somehow?

We dont have anymore Saturday games... We can't even reschedule. What BS

Jesus, my sons an SU student, and while disappointed he understands given the tragic situation and celebratory nature of game day. He gets it better than some adults here.

Jesus, my sons an SU student, and while disappointed he understands given the tragic situation and celebratory nature of game day. He gets it better than some adults here.

Oh we get it. Doesn't mean we have to agree with it. My perspective is that having or not having the show doesn't change a thing. What good happens from cancelling it. Nothing. A person lost their life. That's not going to change. Media is still gonna go crazy with the story with or without college game day on campus. It's a sad for the family... But college game day could have given the SU fans a little cheer to a community that needs it right now. For that hour of college game day we could have used to come together as a community and rally behind Jim Boehiem and show him and his family how much we care and are thinking of him. He didn't have to be on the show but I feel we are missing out on a tremendous opportunity to show support behind Jim. Instead we get stuck having to listen to the news media and them making a big deal of it.

Oh we get it. Doesn't mean we have to agree with it. My perspective is that having or not having the show doesn't change a thing. What good happens from cancelling it. Nothing. A person lost their life. That's not going to change. Media is still gonna go crazy with the story with or without college game day on campus. It's a sad for the family... But college game day could have given the SU fans a little cheer to a community that needs it right now. For that hour of college game day we could have used to come together as a community and rally behind Jim Boehiem and show him and his family how much we care and are thinking of him. He didn't have to be on the show but I feel we are missing out on a tremendous opportunity to show support behind Jim. Instead we get stuck having to listen to the news media and them making a big deal of it.
Cancelling is simply called RESPECT

Rally behind Jim? Everyone already is rallying behind him everyone on this board and the city and the state. I’ve seen post from Kentucky and UConn fans rallying to an extent...one hour of nationally televised game day isn’t gonna change the appearance or the rallying for Jim. This is out of respect of the family of the deceased and for Jim.

You turned your perspective off.

It was on. ESPN said 3-4 hours ago that the show is gonna go on as planned.

I for one don't understand this decision. Yes its terrible that someone lost there life but a 1 hour show on ESPN is not going to change anything. I mean this will already be all over the place because someone famous is involved. This decision to not have it is not going to change anything that happened so might as well have it continue anyways

I feel so bad for the students who wasted there time camping out for college game day.

Yeah because it’s totally appropriate to have a bunch of kids acting like idiots on tv 3 days after your coach was involved in hitting a pedestrian

At the minimum it’s insensitive

There is NO GOOD WAY of managing the tone so just avoid it all together.

Avoidance is easy button here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom