ESPNU Selection Sunday Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ESPNU Selection Sunday Thread...

Okay. First round is a joke. There's no reason as a 2 seed we should be playing the Ivy Champion. If we win, I love our round of 8 position.

Just win, baby.

Might want to take a look but I'm going to guess that Delware and Hofstra are similar distance from Syracuse. Slight overreaction.

I'm surprised they got Yale into the 1st round but like our side of the bracket.

Blowjays are seeded way too high and Maryland got hosed having to face Albany UNC winner
But PSU and Yale are also in that quarter. That group ought to be heading to Hempstead.

Last edited:
Winners: Denver and Notre Dame.
Both got tomato cans and then get to play each other in the QFs.

Hopkins got a freaking home game and was given the 6 seed over a team like Albany. Hopkins was given a tough first opponent in Duke though.

Losers: Albany/UNC by far the most talented first game and the winner gets Maryland in QFs.

Ivy League: its champ was given the de facto 15 seed. That is a joke. Yale's RPI is 10'spots higher than the 4 and 5 seeds first opponents.

How ND got a 8-7 team that had to win 2 games to get in is such a joke.

Would like to see the NCAA eliminate automatic qualifiers. No way the big east should have two teams in the field.

Well, yeah -- so true. But I was willing to tough it out.
It is close in terms of distance. But I'm guessing a lot expected Hofstra and were making plans for that site. I'm included -- and Delaware is out for me.
Going on a limb here and guessing you live downstate or NYC and are feeling inconvenienced? I'd be more upset as a Terp fan facing UNC Albany winner.

Going on a limb here and guessing you live downstate or NYC and are feeling inconvenienced? I'd be more upset as a Terp fan facing UNC Albany winner.

Live in Connecticut. Thought I might finally see the team in person this year without having to drive 4.5 hours.

It's time for lacrosse to grow up. Anyone who is a lacrosse fan should be absolutely p.o. ed about how hamstrung the selection committee is given the restrictions placed on it by the NCAA. Given the expansion of the sport, it's time for the tournament to be given more respect. I don't even blame the committee for its poor choices The restrictions they have to abide by are ridiculous.

How many people are watching women's soft ball on ESPN3? How many people are watching NCAA men's baseball? My guess is that lacrosse is getting a bigger share.

Patrick Stevens‏ @D1scourse
Just talked with Fairfield AD and lacrosse committee chairman Gene Doris. Notable tidbit: Army was the last team out of the field.

There were six teams --- Duke, Army, Hofstra, Richmond, Rutgers and Villanova --- for the last spot in the field. Duke last team in.

There's a conclusion you can draw from that: Duke really was playing a de facto round of 32 game today against Boston U.

Patrick Stevens‏ @D1scourse
Just talked with Fairfield AD and lacrosse committee chairman Gene Doris. Notable tidbit: Army was the last team out of the field.

There were six teams --- Duke, Army, Hofstra, Richmond, Rutgers and Villanova --- for the last spot in the field. Duke last team in.

There's a conclusion you can draw from that: Duke really was playing a de facto round of 32 game today against Boston U.

Duke, which could very easily make the Final 4, is the last team in.

Think about that.

Yale lost to Maryland and Albany each by a goal. Those are two of their five losses.

Yale will be a test.

Probably looking at a 12-11 kind of game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom