ESPNU Selection Sunday Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ESPNU Selection Sunday Thread...

Finally had a chance to digest the selections.

1. Army got screwed - I'd put their body of work up against Dukes any day of the week.
2. Notre Dame is over rated at 4. An 8-5 record with two losses to end the season and with Perkovic hurt they should be the 7 or 8 seed.
3. Penn State over rated at 7 - lost three of their last 5 and did not do enough to earn a home game.
4. Albany got screwed at 8 - should be no worse than a 5 or 6.
5. I have no idea what to make of Loyola other than Pat Spencer is a beast.
6. Cuse got a tough first round game in Yale - decent at the X, disciplined and Ben Reeves. But very beatable.

Loyola is quietly the 1 team I didn't want to face early. (Albany, Loyola, Hopkins)

Sorry if answered, why again are we not at Hofstra (if they win first game)?
Agreed makes absolutely no sense. .....Possibly because ESPN wanted Maryland and SU (the top 2 seeds) to play on Sunday because those games are being televised on ESPN2 as opposed to ESPNU (bigger audience watching on ESPN2).

Agreed makes absolutely no sense. ...Possibly because ESPN wanted Maryland and SU (the top 2 seeds) to play on Sunday because those games are being televised on ESPN2 as opposed to ESPNU (bigger audience watching on ESPN2).

Sigh. I live in NYC and looked forward to seeing them play. Oh well. TV it is.

If I had a pick of a Top 8 seeds to play in the quarterfinals, I would have picked Penn State. If I could pick a Top 4 seed to play in the Final Four, it would be Ohio State. If there was a list of teams that I wanted to avoid, it would have been: Maryland, ND, UNC, Albany, and Duke. I can't be too upset with Cuse's draw. Yale will not be a cakewalk but I think they made out pretty well outside of the first round. Playing at Delaware vs. at Hoftstra doesn't make sense. Oh well...

If I had a pick of a Top 8 seeds to play in the quarterfinals, I would have picked Penn State. If I could pick a Top 4 seed to play in the Final Four, it would be Ohio State.

That was exactly my thinking as well.

Hopkins Schedule

Home v Navy W 15-8
Home v UMBC W 15-5
Home v Loyola W 14-13 OT
@ UNC W 13-5
@ Princeton L 18-7
@ Towson L 13-8
Home v Syracuse L 8-7 OT
Home v Virginia W 18-17 OT
Home v Rutgers W 12-6
@ Ohio State L 13-9
Home v Penn State W 13-11
Home v Michigan W 19-9
@ Maryland L 12-5
B10 Tourney v Ohio State L 15-13

It's really hard to even justify them making the tournament let alone a #6 seed with a home game.

against the field they were 3-5

Hopkins Schedule

Home v Navy W 15-8
Home v UMBC W 15-5
Home v Loyola W 14-13 OT
@ UNC W 13-5
@ Princeton L 18-7
@ Towson L 13-8
Home v Syracuse L 8-7 OT
Home v Virginia W 18-17 OT
Home v Rutgers W 12-6
@ Ohio State L 13-9
Home v Penn State W 13-11
Home v Michigan W 19-9
@ Maryland L 12-5
B10 Tourney v Ohio State L 15-13

It's really hard to even justify them making the tournament let alone a #6 seed with a home game.

against the field they were 3-5
1-5 away from Homerwood. Imagine if we went 1-5 away from the Dome, that'd be the narrative throughout the season & would ultimately keep us out. Just laughable.

We went 2-12 away from the Dome and missed the Tourney because of it.

Wait. Wrong sport. Nevermind.
I'm beginning to think that it was the number of 1 basket wins, as well as our 3 transfers, that ultimately kept us out of the dance :cool:

Thought this was interesting, considering they drew ND. If you're a Lax fan on Twitter, I'd highly recommend giving Garnsey a follow. Kid is quite knowledgeable & outspoken. He's pretty funny & sarcastic so I'm honestly not sure if this tweet is sarcasm or not.

Thought this was interesting, considering they drew ND. If you're a Lax fan on Twitter, I'd highly recommend giving Garnsey a follow. Kid is quite knowledgeable & outspoken. He's pretty funny & sarcastic so I'm honestly not sure if this tweet is sarcasm or not.

You should have included the replies...I believe some Marquette kids were asking him to define "hosed". Garnsey should worry about his ailing foot and be prepared for a couple late hits and strong slap checks. I'm now looking forward to watching that game

Maybe he is trying to get ppl interested in the game and get viewership up

this morning there were only 312 tickets available on the website.

Good. Show up for it, Capital region fans. Had wanted to get to a first weekend game, Durham would have been the locale. Alas, Baltimore mafia strikes again. Can't believe the Blue Devils aren't hosting. Gimme Scooby over Ramses then, and Les Diables Bleus over that ridiculous band/outfit from Homewood.

Hahaha...this is great. UNC better come to play because they are going to run into a buzz saw. I'm thinking 10,000 standing room only.

email I received from the ticket office today

IMPORTANT: UALBANY v. UNC TICKET INFORMATION
Lacrosse Fans,

Due to high ticket demands we are offering a print at home feature to those that have already purchased tickets to the NCAA First Round Game between UAlbany and UNC. To change your tickets from will call pickup to being able to print your tickets at home please respond to this email and someone from the ticket office will send you a pdf of your tickets....Etc

Hahaha...this is great. UNC better come to play because they are going to run into a buzz saw. I'm thinking 10,000 standing room only.

email I received from the ticket office today

IMPORTANT: UALBANY v. UNC TICKET INFORMATION
Lacrosse Fans,

Due to high ticket demands we are offering a print at home feature to those that have already purchased tickets to the NCAA First Round Game between UAlbany and UNC. To change your tickets from will call pickup to being able to print your tickets at home please respond to this email and someone from the ticket office will send you a pdf of your tickets...Etc
Forecast is 50* and heavy rain. Could make for an interesting night. I have two seats on the 50 in 105. Might be better to watch in a pub.

Forecast is 50* and heavy rain. Could make for an interesting night. I have two seats on the 50 in 105. Might be better to watch in a pub.

nah, the weather forecast will change.

Screenshot_2017-05-11-10-15-49.png

Saturday's rainfall forecast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors