ESPNU Selection Sunday Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ESPNU Selection Sunday Thread...

Wish Stevens would have asked Gene Doris about the ludicrous seeding decisions. SU drawing Yale is the equivalent of the a #2 seed in the NCAA Bball tournament playing a 7 seed in the 1st round because the 15 seed is located closer to the #5 seed via geography. Incomprehensible. No reason why SU shouldn't be playing Marquette and Air Force at OSU.

We'd better come out ready to play and stay after it for 4Q's. This team giving up easy goals early and playing from behind is an accident waiting to happen.

Albany - Carolina already almost a sell out of the 9,100 seats. Go online now if you plan on going.

Yale lost to Maryland and Albany each by a goal. Those are two of their five losses.

Yale will be a test.

Probably looking at a 12-11 kind of game.

Were in for a big test, if Ben is not winning faceoffs were in big big trouble. Yale has an excellent and deep offense especially at Midfield. There achilles heal is defense and to a lesser extent outside shooting. Really hope we don't try that stupid zone though, we don't play it well. This is in no way a 2 seed match up, freeking NCAA what joke.

We'd better come out ready to play and stay after it for 4Q's. This team giving up easy goals early and playing from behind is an accident waiting to happen.

I fully expect us to get down 3-5 goals in the first half, this team doesn't learn.

Great to see someone gets it. Really hope Desko says something and blasts the process/committee.

Desko has to focus his energy on avoiding another embarrassing first round loss

Why do we always get the last game of the weekend that 2:30am uk time on a Sunday!!!!

Why do we always get the last game of the weekend that 2:30am uk time on a Sunday!!!!
Oh, a little thing called commencement (9:30-noon). ;)

Another hour for people to flow out, then tear down the stage and remove the on-field seating, etc..

If you give Duke the 6 and unseed Hopkins it's still the same game.

This is the best first and second round draw we could've hoped for.

Oh, a little thing called commencement (9:30-noon). ;)

Another hour for people to flow out, then tear down the stage and remove the on-field seating, etc..

It doesn't help with my sleep pattern hahaha!

Sorry if answered, why again are we not at Hofstra (if they win first game)?

Sorry if answered, why again are we not at Hofstra (if they win first game)?

Because putting Hopkins in the Hofstra Pod, and Syracuse in the Delaware Pod made perfect sense to someone. :noidea:

Finally had a chance to digest the selections.

1. Army got screwed - I'd put their body of work up against Dukes any day of the week.
2. Notre Dame is over rated at 4. An 8-5 record with two losses to end the season and with Perkovic hurt they should be the 7 or 8 seed.
3. Penn State over rated at 7 - lost three of their last 5 and did not do enough to earn a home game.
4. Albany got screwed at 8 - should be no worse than a 5 or 6.
5. I have no idea what to make of Loyola other than Pat Spencer is a beast.
6. Cuse got a tough first round game in Yale - decent at the X, disciplined and Ben Reeves. But very beatable.

Has to do with the Dome being used for commencement over the same weekend

I'm sure you can find a boozer that is still open at that hour !

Finally had a chance to digest the selections.

1. Army got screwed - I'd put their body of work up against Dukes any day of the week.
2. Notre Dame is over rated at 4. An 8-5 record with two losses to end the season and with Perkovic hurt they should be the 7 or 8 seed.
3. Penn State over rated at 7 - lost three of their last 5 and did not do enough to earn a home game.
4. Albany got screwed at 8 - should be no worse than a 5 or 6.
5. I have no idea what to make of Loyola other than Pat Spencer is a beast.
6. Cuse got a tough first round game in Yale - decent at the X, disciplined and Ben Reeves. But very beatable.

Army:
12 wins
2 wins vs. Top 5
5 wins vs. Top 20

Sadly for them it was a loss to Navy that crushed tournament dreams

Were in for a big test, if Ben is not winning faceoffs were in big big trouble. Yale has an excellent and deep offense especially at Midfield. There achilles heal is defense and to a lesser extent outside shooting. Really hope we don't try that stupid zone though, we don't play it well. This is in no way a 2 seed match up, freeking NCAA what joke.

Midfield shooting is a strength of this team yet I remain perplexed by Desko's game plan last Sat. against Gate. It was clear the mids we're told to feed the crease/cutter first and always and rarely shot (with the exception of Trimbo). That is not a strength of this team as we lack a really good feeder and on many possessions led to a TO when they tried to force the ball inside into traffic (where Gate was packing it in and daring us to shoot outside).

On the face off front I thought the wings played their best game of the year and am encouraged going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom