Everybody Needs to Think Realistically | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Needs to Think Realistically

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He needs to be held accountable. He doesn’t get a free pass based on history. He can be revered for what he has done, but his legacy will become tainted by a stubborn unwillingness to realize that his best years are behind him. I think he is no longer objective in his self-assessment or the assessment of his team and it’s flaws. Better players would help...but who recruited his current team? So, responsibility is his, as the captain of the ship. We need new leadership. We need energy and enthusiasm. We need something to look forward to other than...whatever the hell this recent history has shown us.

No. He needs to be held accountable. He doesn’t get a free pass based on history. He can be revered for what he has done, but his legacy will become tainted by a stubborn unwillingness to realize that his best years are behind him. I think he is no longer objective in his self-assessment or the assessment of his team and it’s flaws. Better players would help...but who recruited his current team? So, responsibility is his, as the captain of the ship. We need new leadership. We need energy and enthusiasm. We need something to look forward to other than...whatever the hell this recent history has shown us.
What you’re saying is logical and probably correct but CR is almost definitely right

What you’re saying is logical and probably correct but CR is almost definitely right

Look at the possible roster next with the addition of Benny Williams who if he's a good as all the hype that he is. If everybody comes back on paper one of our deepest and best roster in years.

Look at the possible roster next with the addition of Benny Williams who if he's a good as all the hype that he is. If everybody comes back on paper one of our deepest and best roster in years.
When does everyone come back? Other programs yes. Not us.

When does everyone come back? Other programs yes. Not us.

Quincy will be back. Marek and Bourama might be back for 5th years. We will see what happens. But we must add a impact big man via the transfer market.

Coach did a good job today. We battled a good team hard.
They were really solid offensively at center with one of the top 2 best point guards in the acc. We also lack the true PF to combat back at their center, and it's not Guerrier. Really Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Far from everybody will come back

We’ll be .500 in conference again.

Everyone isn't coming back. I mean, would you if you had other choices. It really can't be all that much fun. And jb has never, ever, had kids that loved him so much that that was the deciding factor in coming back. Just not who he is. I think kids have grown more fond of him as they and he both aged. One, it is kind of cool, and I know this for a personal fact, that the same guy that was coaching when they were in school, is still coaching. But these kids??? Other than Buddy, no one is making the choice to stay because of JB. And one last thing, how the hell did we get Benny?

Maybe not. I think jb has something up his sleeve with regards to getting a transfer for next year. And I don't mean just Jimmy. He mentioned on his radio show that there would be a lot of transfer available in the spring. I don't think that was idle talk. That is just a guess and maybe a hopeful one at that.

Quincy will be back. Marek and Bourama might be back for 5th years. We will see what happens. But we must add a impact big man via the transfer market.
Marek/Bourama/AG/QG and possibly another will be gone imo. It also wouldn't surprise me if a few stay. Its a crapshoot. I think there's a better chance of Marek/Bourama coming back for a extra year then for AG/QG coming back. Woody/Braswell are a question mark too. Guess it depends on how frustrated some of these guys are and what the transfer rules are.

Even if everyone comes back, how will we be better? Player development does not seem to be a program strength and guys will still be undersized or less athletic compared to our competition.

Marek/Bourama/AG/QG and possibly another will be gone imo. It also wouldn't surprise me if a few stay. Its a crapshoot. I think there's a better chance of Marek/Bourama coming back for a extra year then for AG/QG coming back. Woody/Braswell are a question mark too. Guess it depends on how frustrated some of these guys are and what the transfer rules are.

Here we go with rumors. Where are AG and QG going ?

I have no idea but where would QG or AG go? Other than a filler role on a G-league squad, at best really, I don't see a pro life in the U.S. for them. Overseas, I guess. I might stay the year if I was them with covid and everything else going on.

Maybe not. I think jb has something up his sleeve with regards to getting a transfer for next year. And I don't mean just Jimmy. He mentioned on his radio show that there would be a lot of transfer available in the spring. I don't think that was idle talk. That is just a guess and maybe a hopeful one at that.
We’ll see. My guess is he’ll bring in another AG type and then b!tch about him all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom