Everybody Needs to Think Realistically | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Needs to Think Realistically

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the two will foolishly go to the draft or overseas.
But what does AG have to gain by coming back? He will be 21 in April. He’s either NBA material or not right now. I hope he comes back but if I were him I would go overseas and start to get compensated instead of playing for an NIT team for free.

Quincy will be back. Marek and Bourama might be back for 5th years. We will see what happens. But we must add a impact big man via the transfer market.

Sidibe may be be back .. but his knees retired to Florida

Look at the possible roster next with the addition of Benny Williams who if he's a good as all the hype that he is. If everybody comes back on paper one of our deepest and best roster in years.
Lol yeah no. Not everyone is coming back and it would not be the best roster in years

But what does AG have to gain by coming back? He will be 21 in April. He’s either NBA material or not right now. I hope he comes back but if I were him I would go overseas and start to get compensated instead of playing for an NIT team for free.
I haven't seen his name in one mock draft so ya I would think coming back would be smart.

But why is a year at SU better than a year playing overseas against professional competition? He can dedicate his entire life to basketball development versus all the limitations and obligations of being a student athlete.
Because im pretty sure his goal is to play in the NBA not overseas.

But that's what I'm saying. If his ultimate goal is the NBA, how would a year at SU be more beneficial than a year playing in a high-end European league against other pros?

But that's what I'm saying. If his ultimate goal is the NBA, how would a year at SU be more beneficial than a year playing in a high-end European league against other pros?
His chances of getting to the NBA are better playing here next year than overseas.

Brad Wanamaker didn’t get drafted.
Went overseas dominated and has come back to the NBA.
Shane Larkin struggled went to Europe and came back to the NBA.
Just because Alan isn’t drafted doesn’t mean he can’t go overseas or G League and make the NBA,

Coming back here doesn’t mean he will get drafted next year.

Brad Wanamaker didn’t get drafted.
Went overseas dominated and has come back to the NBA.
Shane Larkin struggled went to Europe and came back to the NBA.
Just because Alan isn’t drafted doesn’t mean he can’t go overseas or G League and make the NBA,

Coming back here doesn’t mean he will get drafted next year.
Wanamaker wasn't that good.

It's much easier getting drafted from college than overseas.
Being drafted isn’t the only way to make the NBA.
2 way contracts are expanded by 1 per team in the NBA next year.

His chances of getting to the NBA are better playing here next year than overseas.
I disagree. A high quality Euro league is better basketball than the ACC. And he will be able to hire an agent, and dedicate his entire life to strength/conditioning/working on his game, and playing man defense. All while earning a paycheck and not having to take classes. Guys take irregular routes from college to the NBA all the time.

(To be clear, I really really want him to come back)

I disagree. A high quality Euro league is better basketball than the ACC. And he will be able to hire an agent, and dedicate his entire life to strength/conditioning/working on his game, and playing man defense. All while earning a paycheck and not having to take classes. Guys take irregular routes from college to the NBA all the time.
This guy dad's an Nba asst his brother is going to Duke next year. I don't think he's thinking about playing overseas.

Look at the possible roster next with the addition of Benny Williams who if he's a good as all the hype that he is. If everybody comes back on paper one of our deepest and best roster in years.
If it’s not a good roster now, (and it’s not) the addition of one player won’t cure it.

(To be clear, I really really want him to come back)
Does he get a degree if he comes back for another year?

Wanamaker wasn't that good.
What are you talking about?
He played in college at Pitt was a double digit scorer.
He went undrafted.
Went to Europe. Played well in Europe and got signed in the NBA.
So because he wasn’t great in the NBA matters. He is still on a team now.

You don’t get it when it comes to kids leaving college hoops.

What are you talking about?
He played in college at Pitt was a double digit scorer.
He went undrafted.
Went to Europe. Played well in Europe and got signed in the NBA.
So because he wasn’t great in the NBA matters. He is still on a team now.

You don’t get it when it comes to kids leaving college hoops.
He's had a few years in the NBA barely playing. All the guys I criticized for leaving early aren't on an Nba roster right now. Just saying.

He's had a few years in the NBA barely playing. All the guys I criticized for leaving early aren't on an Nba roster right now. Just saying.
If a kid leaves school they want to become professional. Any kid who wants to become professional make the correct decision. College basketball is not professional sports.

If a kid leaves school they want to become professional. Any kid who wants to become professional make the correct decision. College basketball is not professional sports.
Their number one goal is playing in the NBA not Turkey. Griffs dad is an Nba asst and his brother will be playing in the NBA you think his goal is playing overseas?

youre lying. You said Grant left early

Bo
Their number one goal is playing in the NBA not Turkey. Griffs dad is an Nba asst and his brother will be playing in the NBA you think his goal is playing overseas?
How does playing next year at Syracuse do anything more to help him play in the NBA?

You make it sound like coming back makes its more likely he plays in the NBA.

Why? Specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors