Everybody Needs to Think Realistically | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Needs to Think Realistically

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather Benny and Woody start than Q and AG next year. Or Benny and Marek if Marek comes back. I’m good on what we did this season.

Today the Marek situation set in for me and I really got pissed. His skillset is built for the 4 in modern college basketball and we wasted him at the 5 because we either can’t recruit a center or aren’t willing to play the backups we have for whatever reason. It’s really frustrating

I’d rather Benny and Woody start than Q and AG next year. Or Benny and Marek if Marek comes back. I’m good on what we did this season.

Today the Marek situation set in for me and I really got pissed. His skillset is built for the 4 in modern college basketball and we wasted him at the 5 because we either can’t recruit a center or aren’t willing to play the backups we have for whatever reason. It’s really frustrating
Marek can get in line with Lyndon and a few other guys who should sue JB for negligence. Making these guys play the 5 is so colossally unfair to them, and it’s not what any of them signed up for.

Marek can probably get paid in some Euro league. Why would he come back? Never going to be an NBA player. Q and AG? Where would they play? Some place like the Philippines? I hope there's turnover because doing the same thing and expecting a different result ... well you know what they say. But don't expect recruiting to trend up in big way. Nothing is making that happen.

Coach did a good job today. We battled a good team hard.
They were really solid offensively at center with one of the top 2 best point guards in the acc. We also lack the true PF to combat back at their center, and it's not Guerrier. Really Looking forward to the rest of the season.
This GT is not good. We are just much worse.

Marek can get in line with Lyndon and a few other guys who should sue JB for negligence. Making these guys play the 5 is so colossally unfair to them, and it’s not what any of them signed up for.
And might be the reason some have opted not to sign up.

And we aren't bringing back All-League guys. Returning average guys yields average results.

My thought exactly. Not like bringing back DC, Owens, Hakim, Dion, CJ, or even Tyus.

Look at the possible roster next with the addition of Benny Williams who if he's a good as all the hype that he is. If everybody comes back on paper one of our deepest and best roster in years.
I have to laugh. That's been said way more often than not over the past few years. Heck SU was going 9-10 deep this year according to many here. As to OP, I agree, he ain't going anywhere unless he wants.

I have no idea but where would QG or AG go? Other than a filler role on a G-league squad, at best really, I don't see a pro life in the U.S. for them. Overseas, I guess. I might stay the year if I was them with covid and everything else going on.
I agree with everything you say but I feel like AG will bounce regardless of what anyone tells him and feedback he gets. Quincy is older and I can see him wanting to get a start on his pro career regardless of where it is. Marek/Bourama is a toss up. Woody/Braswell worry me and with how easy it is to transfer and with not getting many minutes and Benny coming in.

My thought exactly. Not like bringing back DC, Owens, Hakim, Dion, CJ, or even Tyus.
You would not bring back any of those players in todays basketball market.

And as far as the players on this years team, you don't believe any of them can improve?

Lastly, if you believe so many players will leave before next season, you are just throwing darts blindfolded.

Maybe not. I think jb has something up his sleeve with regards to getting a transfer for next year. And I don't mean just Jimmy. He mentioned on his radio show that there would be a lot of transfer available in the spring. I don't think that was idle talk. That is just a guess and maybe a hopeful one at that.
I agree with everything you say but I feel like AG will bounce regardless of what anyone tells him and feedback he gets. Quincy is older and I can see him wanting to get a start on his pro career regardless of where it is. Marek/Bourama is a toss up. Woody/Braswell worry me and with how easy it is to transfer and with not getting many minutes and Benny coming in.
If Quincy and Griffin leave, it gives Bras and Woody some incentive to stay.

If Quincy and Griffin leave, it gives Bras and Woody some incentive to stay.
100% hopefully Woody isn't too upset with how this year has played out. Id imagine a lot of schools would like to have him play..transferring is so easy for kids now compared to what it use to be like.

if JB is here 2 more years we will continue being mediocre and he continue saying cringe stuff that goes unchallenged.
When CuseRunner is on the JB is here as long he wants train I feel good saying Wildhack needs to have the talk.

100% hopefully Woody isn't too upset with how this year has played out. Id imagine a lot of schools would like to have him play..transferring is so easy for kids now compared to what it use to be like.
How could he not be upset? Isn’t a top 100 kid, but seeing players like Joe and Marek play minutes like their all Acc players when he gets literally no run on a team that will probably end up sub 500 in conference has to be very discouraging. If you’re a competitor how can you not be irritated.

You would not bring back any of those players in todays basketball market.

And as far as the players on this years team, you don't believe any of them can improve?

Lastly, if you believe so many players will leave before next season, you are just throwing darts blindfolded.

Tyus was only 2 years ago. Market hasn’t changed that much in 2 years. And sure they can improve, but we always seem to say “wait til next year if everyone comes back” when it just doesn’t happen. Kadary continuing to improve and develop will be one of the biggest factors for next year along with improved center play. And btw I was not the person who said many players will leave. You have me confused with some other poster. But I do believe 1 or 2 won’t be back for various reasons.

This staff is all in on the class of 2022. That class will say a lot about the future state of the program. If JB goes, you might have to start all over again.

This staff is all in on the class of 2022. That class will say a lot about the future state of the program. If JB goes, you might have to start all over again.
If JB leaves and the staff does as well we’ll be starting over again anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom