Everyone knew this was coming | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Everyone knew this was coming

First off, bnoro's post is spot on but his thread title is a joke. Vegas had it 38 points. If "everyone knew THIS was coming" they would have bet the spread from 38 up to 50.

If you're just trying to say we knew a blowout was coming, I agree. But I really didn't think THIS was coming

And the one dude who said he he had it 78-0? Lol. I missed that post in writing
They only move the spread based on money bet and at 38 they were not getting any so why move it higher? Just one of those game attracting few bets.

They only move the spread based on money bet and at 38 they were not getting any so why move it higher? Just one of those game attracting few bets.
crusty, lol, thats exactly what my post is saying. IF IF IF people were betting tons of money on FSU because they "knew this was coming" the spread would have moved higher. It didn't budge, hence my take that the title of the thread is ludicrous, unless bnoro simply meant we all knew a blowout was coming which is of course probably what he meant.

crusty, lol, thats exactly what my post is saying. IF IF IF people were betting tons of money on FSU because they "knew this was coming" the spread would have moved higher. It didn't budge, hence my take that the title of the thread is ludicrous, unless bnoro simply meant we all knew a blowout was coming which is of course probably what he meant.

Expectations don't always translate into bets/spread because a majority of fans don't bet. Secondly, when the risk/reward gets too much those who expect a 50 point blowout don't bet at 38 or even lower. There becomes a point where a big spread just kills he interest. There are so may other bets more worthwhile.

The spread never budged which tells me there was little interest.

really? not even close?

you watching bama struggle with Miss St? I'd take FSU in a heart beat
I don't base it in one game. I base it on a season and the far superiority if the sec over the acc top to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When FSU beats Alabama or whomever handily, we will have our answer.

Expectations don't always translate into bets/spread because a majority of fans don't bet. Secondly, when the risk/reward gets too much those who expect a 50 point blowout don't bet at 38 or even lower. There becomes a point where a big spread just kills he interest. There are so may other bets more worthwhile.

The spread never budged which tells me there was little interest.
you're definitely correct about little interest. I'm just saying, if "everyone knew this was coming" (meaning a 56 point loss) it would have at least moved a point or 2.

But that's not what you said. You said: "Expectations aligned with reality as a fan are that you are going to win..."

I had no expectation we were going to win this game and anyone who came into it thinking we would is delusional. I totally disagree with the assertion that you have to go into the game thinking you are going to win.

44cuse

Ok, I should have worded it clearer.

Expectations as a fan are that there is a chance to win every game, remote as it may be. I did not go in saying we were definitely going to win the game and I'd be pissed if we didn't, I said it's going to be tough but stranger things have happened.

Losing is one thing, it happened to us quite a bit over the years, but getting the doors blown off is another.

I was upset at how we lost, not that we did.

you're definitely correct about little interest. I'm just saying, if "everyone knew this was coming" (meaning a 56 point loss) it would have at least moved a point or 2.

Yes, I know what you are saying. But to me it is like a horse race with a negative win pool. All you can win is a nickel on the dollar and the downside is a buck. Odds never change once you hit the negative win pool mark. Only so-called "bridge jumpers" bet on such lousy odds no matter what the prospects.

They, are of course, called bridge jumpers because they jump off bridges if they lose.

hey...i didn't ever expect syracuse to win (hell i took fla.st. w/ the pts). what i didn't want to see was the CUSE getting embarrassed on the field and i was sadly disappointed.
we crawled on our knees and got beetchslapped around for 60 full minutes.

Ok, I should have worded it clearer.

Expectations as a fan are that there is a chance to win every game, remote as it may be. I did not go in saying we were definitely going to win the game and I'd be pissed if we didn't, I said it's going to be tough but stranger things have happened.

Losing is one thing, it happened to us quite a bit over the years, but getting the doors blown off is another.

I was upset at how we lost, not that we did.

Ok, that makes more sense. I guess for me personally I don't get upset about how we lost (this game). I get upset about the factors that got us to a state where we are not competitive with the upper echelon. That said, college football has changed and changed around us. Buzz and Jake were at the helm when it was happening and they blew it. (Not including P here because the all the P lovers will jump in and make it a "P was awesome thread.")

Not saying we were ever going to be able to keep up with Oregon, OSU, Bama, LSU, etc every year. But we failed to out ourselves in a position to be as successful as SYRACUSE can be. That's what I get pissed off at.

Yesterday was yesterday. That's one of the best teams in college football in years. Looking forward to seeing them play Bama. Hope it happens.

44cuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing a lot of us have played on sports teams. I also bet we've played in some games where we got absolutely destroyed. At all levels, exception being the pros where every player is payed to play, there will always be situations where it doesn't matter how hard your coach prepares you, how much film you watch, or how pumped up you get, the other team is just that much better than you.

It happens.

[qu
You're going to eat his nuts just because he thinks Alabama is a lot better than FSU?

="kuethstheman, post: 808277, member: 480"]You're going to eat his nuts just because he thinks Alabama is a lot better than FSU?[/quote]
That is funny. I have to give you that one. No nuts, thank you.

hey...i didn't ever expect syracuse to win (hell i took fla.st. w/ the pts). what i didn't want to see was the CUSE getting embarrassed on the field and i was sadly disappointed.
we crawled on our knees and got beetchslapped around for 60 full minutes.
just like every other team they've played this year...

I don't understand how people are overreacting to this. FSU is the best team in the country. No team held them under 40 points this year. Our offense was never going to move the ball, and our defense was never going to stop them. They will win the national championship. No idea why people are getting angry.

We never had a chance in this game.

who's overreacting?

strawman2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors