extension: 6 years | Syracusefan.com

extension: 6 years

Is that your guess, suggestion or rumor you've heard?

Doug wouldn't ask for much more than he's getting. I say 6 years/10mil.

What is everyone talking about with those $ figures? are you nuts?

We are getting big time college football money now. Its time to pay the coach (and his staff) big time college money

the coach is 11-12 over the last 2 seasons as well

no need to double his salary right now, just give him some extension and a raise - but let's not get crazy

For a 6 and 5 season? a 6 year extension?
body of work
where we came from when he was hired
4-8 / 8-5* / 5-7 / 6-5

things have improved - the college football world is acknowledging
we are on our way

I know I shouldn't play Devil's Advocate again but with this offense he should be 9 and 3 at worst with this team. Thats part of the problem I am having in being convinced he needs an extension. I am still not so sure as some on this board that he is the answer long term. Do I like where we are headed? absolutely, as of recently. But 6 and 5 is 6 and 5. And to be honest that is what Coach P used to get us every year and people complained. However, I also agreed with the decision to get rid of coach p at the time even though he got fired after going 6 and 6 despite going to a bowl. Obviously Grob didn't do us any favors, I realize that. Still congrats for the last part of the half of the season.

I'd be a little concerned about keeping this staff together after this year.

P went from 9 & 10 win seasons to .500 or less. Doug has gone from 1 and 2 win seasons to 2 bowl games in 3 years.

They aren't going to take him from 1.2 per to 2.7 per.

My guess would be 4 years for 7m.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I know I shouldn't play Devil's Advocate again but with this offense he should be 9 and 3 at worst with this team. Thats part of the problem I am having in being convinced he needs an extension. I am still not so sure as some on this board that he is the answer long term. Do I like where we are headed? absolutely, as of recently. But 6 and 5 is 6 and 5. And to be honest that is what Coach P used to get us every year and people complained. However, I also agreed with the decision to get rid of coach p at the time even though he got fired after going 6 and 6 despite going to a bowl. Obviously Grob didn't do us any favors, I realize that. Still congrats for the last part of the half of the season.
Who is, then? Another guy that doesn't know the recruiting area? Another guy that can't sell the school? Being an alum is a very big reason why Doug can succeed here. He knows what will work and what won't. And wait and see when our shiny new facilities are done how the program does. We're still in the late 90's when it comes to facilities. We're taking a step into the future.

I know I shouldn't play Devil's Advocate again but with this offense he should be 9 and 3 at worst with this team. Thats part of the problem I am havin.g in being convinced he needs an extension. I am still not so sure as some on this board that he is the answer long term. Do I like where we are headed? absolutely, as of recently. But 6 and 5 is 6 and 5. And to be honest that is what Coach P used to get us every year and people complained. However, I also agreed with the decision to get rid of coach p at the time even though he got fired after going 6 and 6 despite going to a bowl. Obviously Grob didn't do us any favors, I realize that. Still congrats for the last part of the half of the season.

But... it's... HIS... offense.

Cinemagraphs-Dr-Strangelove-Expression.gif

I have heard 5 for 8. Amazing that Hackett and Moore look pretty good right now as far as coaching too. Doug is the guy.

The estimate I gave last night was somewhat biased by the win. With a clearer head, I can see Marrone in the range of 5 years @ $1.5 per.

Seeing how most of us don't know what fair market value is for assistant coaches, this article from ESPN should open some eyes. It lists the combined spend (per school) for B1G assistant coaches.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/51037/examining-b1g-assistant-coach-salaries

I'd like to see us mirror Michigan State in assistant spending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom