Class of 2024 - F Damarius Owens (OH) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 F Damarius Owens (OH) Offered

I'm fairly certain JB coaches next year. The team will be good and he wants to coach them. Red could take over in 2024, but why wouldn't they announce it? The program has everything to gain and nothing to lose by having coaching certainty. Even if they don't identify an exact timeframe so JB has flexibility, it would help recruiting. Makes me wonder if they haven't made a decision yet or if they're going outside the program so they can't announce it.
The only thought to this is that they really like Hop and his buyout drops to $1 million after this upcoming season at UW.

The only thought to this is that they really like Hop and his buyout drops to $1 million after this upcoming season at UW.
Hop may not be back to Washington next year. Reading the tea leaves, they would be thrilled to see Hop go somewhere else.

I'm fairly certain JB coaches next year. The team will be good and he wants to coach them. Red could take over in 2024, but why wouldn't they announce it? The program has everything to gain and nothing to lose by having coaching certainty. Even if they don't identify an exact timeframe so JB has flexibility, it would help recruiting. Makes me wonder if they haven't made a decision yet or if they're going outside the program so they can't announce it.

Could be Red, could be Hop, could be GMac, could be a national search. My guess is that starting in the 2024/25 season our HC will be Jason Hart.

Could be Red, could be Hop, could be GMac, could be a national search. My guess is that starting in the 2024/25 season our HC will be Jason Hart.
Would love J. Hart as our next coach. He has the tenacity and contacts for the modern game and would be a home run hire at SU.

However, is SU admin that aggressive?

Would love J. Hart as our next coach. He has the tenacity and contacts for the modern game and would be a home run hire at SU.

However, is SU admin that aggressive?
That would probably give us a whole new staff. For good or bad.

Tony Bland is his buddy but got caught up at SDSU. I like Jeremy Pope as one assistant since he’s close to Adam Weitsman. Then John Beilein as JHart’s bench coach
The world of college basketball has changed. Let’s be aggressive with our NIL connections and start getting top talent again. Have a running offense and pressure defense and Cuse will be back to its former glory. This is the type of style on offense and defense the JHart has as a player at Cuse.

We're in good shape. He said Syracuse will definitely make the cut when he trims the list. Great idea by JB to have him and Moore when Cuse was playing NC State, and great idea by Dino to win the game.

Would personally love to see that, over the other three in-house options.

But as you point out, nothing appears set in stone.

We're in good shape. He said Syracuse will definitely make the cut when he trims the list. Great idea by JB to have him and Moore when Cuse was playing NC State, and great idea by Dino to win the game.

I call BS. He talked about SU setting effective screens. That will be a first.

Would personally love to see that, over the other three in-house options.

But as you point out, nothing appears set in stone.
I think Wildhack is keeping his options open, and JAB is excited about his new guys for this season, but not having any 2023 recruits penciled in could make it more difficult to get the 2024 kids to bite. Let's hope the staff and AD prove everyone wrong as the next couple seasons roll out

Keep hearing talks of next yr being the year. I don’t see how it can be better than this year. Jesse will absolutely leave and if Judah lives up to the hype, he’s gone. Even with Judah back and no Edwards… is it better than this yr? To me, no.

Keep hearing talks of next yr being the year. I don’t see how it can be better than this year. Jesse will absolutely leave and if Judah lives up to the hype, he’s gone. Even with Judah back and no Edwards… is it better than this yr? To me, no.
Tons of things can happen so it's tough to tell who will be here. But even if our starting backcourt consists of Sophomore Quadir and JT - I think that's a tough group. If you add Sophomore Judah, then it's extremely tough, and I absolutely could see Judah playing 2 years before going pro. Add 5th year Symir for depth or freshman Mike Williams and even better. Our forwards are great for our system and the only issue this year is they're young. Next year they'll be more experienced and I think they have the talent to be very good once they get experience. Center is the question mark. If we have 5th year Jesse, we'd be a force. Also Sophomore Peter Carey might be extremely good too. Maybe Adam Weitsman plugs someone in for us where needed.

It's all impossible to know at this point. But the true talent on this team is in the freshman class. They'll be so much better as Sophomores. The trick is keeping them together.

Tons of things can happen so it's tough to tell who will be here. But even if our starting backcourt consists of Sophomore Quadir and JT - I think that's a tough group. If you add Sophomore Judah, then it's extremely tough, and I absolutely could see Judah playing 2 years before going pro. Add 5th year Symir for depth or freshman Mike Williams and even better. Our forwards are great for our system and the only issue this year is they're young. Next year they'll be more experienced and I think they have the talent to be very good once they get experience. Center is the question mark. If we have 5th year Jesse, we'd be a force. Also Sophomore Peter Carey might be extremely good too. Maybe Adam Weitsman plugs someone in for us where needed.

It's all impossible to know at this point. But the true talent on this team is in the freshman class. They'll be so much better as Sophomores. The trick is keeping them together.
Yeah I agree, but seems like a lot of if’s. I still say this year we can make real noise

Any chance he could reclassify to 2023?
I have no clue, I will defer to anyone with actual knowledge. But, perhaps what's best for us is to have our young guys develop and then to add a couple of high end 4 stars or possible a 5 star for 2024

Haven't heard anything about Damarius wanting to reclassify to 2024. He's really underrated in this cycle. Seems like the priorities for SU, these days, are him, Elijah Moore, Jalil Bethea and Elliot Cadeau (hi, Adam Weitsman). I'm high on big man Thomas Sorber as well.

its a perpetual ...imagine if this team could stay together for 1 or 2 more years scenario every year now...

teams just dont stay together much in NCAABB these days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom