Class of 2024 - F Damarius Owens (OH) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 F Damarius Owens (OH) Offered

Yeah, I'm curious about Donnie as well. Seemed really high on SU and wanted to visit, but crickets lately. Sorry, I know that's off-topic for this page!

Keep hearing talks of next yr being the year. I don’t see how it can be better than this year. Jesse will absolutely leave and if Judah lives up to the hype, he’s gone. Even with Judah back and no Edwards… is it better than this yr? To me, no.
Would just like to point out that players who project as borderline NBA prospects with a likely career in Europe can possible make more in “NIL” and staying in school than they can leaving. And less travel, closer to home….etc.

Just saying that it’s not a forgone conclusion that all will leave…

Going to be running through a bunch of these posts to summarize their numbers on Cerebro's database (charts basically all the AAU competitions and tournaments and maybe some rare regular season high school games).

Owens' numbers across the last two years (across 614.5 minutes of game action):
  • 75/126 on 2 pointers (59.5%)
  • 18/48 on 3 pointers (37.5%)
  • 41/59 on free throws (69.5%)
  • Per 40 minutes, he averaged 15.9 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 2.0 turnovers, 1 block, and 1 steal on a TS% of 61.3%.

The only thought to this is that they really like Hop and his buyout drops to $1 million after this upcoming season at UW.
? Is your thought based on information that they want Hop, or is that part speculation, as to why they haven't announced a plan. (Hope that makes sense.)

This logic would be in line with what JB said about always having a concrete plan. The plan was always for Hop to replace Jim.

Personally, I hope they go outside the Cuse family, but if they went with an SU alum, I hope they pair him with an experienced bench coach from outside the program.

Symir commented some encouragement on Owens’ marquette instagram post. Can’t help but wonder if Sy is disgruntled due to lack of PT.

That doesn’t make sense, consider he left Marquette for presumably that very reason.
That’s why i found it notable. Didn’t think he’d show encouragement for Marquette.

That’s why i found it notable. Didn’t think he’d show encouragement for Marquette.
Considering he chose Marquette out of highs chool, it is fair to assume he liked the school (and probably still does) but it wasn’t a good fit for him, perhaps he believes Marquette is a good fit for his friend

Considering he chose Marquette out of highs chool, it is fair to assume he liked the school (and probably still does) but it wasn’t a good fit for him, perhaps he believes Marquette is a good fit for his friend
I don't know if he has any affection toward Marquette or not, but why would you assume he does?

I don't know if he has any affection toward Marquette or not, but why would you assume he does?
Because he choose the school out of HS, it might not have been perfect for him basketball wise but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t value he saw elsewhere

This could tell us where recruiting is headed for 2024. If he commits, would SU go for another forward?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom