F1 2022 Season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

F1 2022 Season

4A2E2311-ABD7-44E3-9359-DBB735C6E0ED.jpeg

Both HAAS in Q3!
Apparently only team with both cars in the top 6. Wild line up for tomorrow, the rain is awesome. Outside of Max likely easily pulling away this has the makings of a real good one. Pumped.

Man... I've been a fan of this sport for about a year and I honestly feel like I could make better strategy decisions than the HAAS folks. Why didn't they pit KMag under that 2nd safety car?
Tough break for Mick, he was going to get some points.

I know people make mistakes, but some of these pitstop mistakes are insane. Wrong tires? NO tires?! When you have someone on your team who's job title is "Tire Carrier", I feel like you should be able to expect 4 tires at every pit stop. The correct ones! lol My goodness.

Was wild watching LeClerc make his way through the field. He's another one that I thought should have pitted for tires much sooner. Like, as soon as they knew he didn't have the grip to get around the Alfa (Or maybe it was Ocon), he shoulda have pitted for tires. They lost at least 10 seconds to the car in front of the Alfa while they were figuring out what to do.

These equipment penalties or whatever they're called are going to make things interesting. Is it common for penalties to start this early in the season?

I saw a meme that Latifi added to his amazing streak of top 16 finishes. Basically the GOAT.

Tough day for Lando. Was hoping Albon would be able to snag a point. Was hoping for more out of Alonso

It's crazy, I'm basically rooting for over half the field at this point. I rattled something like this off to the girl, right before the race started:
"Alright, we need Kevin and Mick to make it through lap one, and score some points. Alex needs to get into the points, we want to see Ricciardo give us a glimmer of hope, Let's see Lando get a top 5 and Alonso needs to be leading out of turn 1. Rooting for Stroll, Ocon and Zhou to end up in the sand"

Man... I've been a fan of this sport for about a year and I honestly feel like I could make better strategy decisions than the HAAS folks. Why didn't they pit KMag under that 2nd safety car?
Tough break for Mick, he was going to get some points.

I know people make mistakes, but some of these pitstop mistakes are insane. Wrong tires? NO tires?! When you have someone on your team who's job title is "Tire Carrier", I feel like you should be able to expect 4 tires at every pit stop. The correct ones! lol My goodness.

Was wild watching LeClerc make his way through the field. He's another one that I thought should have pitted for tires much sooner. Like, as soon as they knew he didn't have the grip to get around the Alfa (Or maybe it was Ocon), he shoulda have pitted for tires. They lost at least 10 seconds to the car in front of the Alfa while they were figuring out what to do.

These equipment penalties or whatever they're called are going to make things interesting. Is it common for penalties to start this early in the season?

I saw a meme that Latifi added to his amazing streak of top 16 finishes. Basically the GOAT.

Tough day for Lando. Was hoping Albon would be able to snag a point. Was hoping for more out of Alonso

It's crazy, I'm basically rooting for over half the field at this point. I rattled something like this off to the girl, right before the race started:
"Alright, we need Kevin and Mick to make it through lap one, and score some points. Alex needs to get into the points, we want to see Ricciardo give us a glimmer of hope, Let's see Lando get a top 5 and Alonso needs to be leading out of turn 1. Rooting for Stroll, Ocon and Zhou to end up in the sand"
Forgot about this thread but feel like I'm the same way. I essentially root for everyone. Max has been my guy since his call up from Toro Rosso but I also despise any race/season being a run away so I find myself almost rooting against him bizarrely despite him being my favorite driver.

Live between Baltimore & DC and found an F1 Baltimore group on Reddit that just started meeting up at a bar for each race, even the early ones. Went for the 1st time on Sunday and loved it. Probably 15-20 people, almost every team represented. Was a guy in a Haas shirt, ferrari hat, mercedes hat, couple mclaren shirts, red bull. Pretty awesome to enjoy in that setting.

My main interest this weekend was in Mick scoring his 1st point and that ended up being over nearly instantly. You're right on the pit calls. Alonso's team made by far the most egregious errors. They skipped out on pitting under VSC twice and instead kept him out and then had to pit at full speed. That's a minimum of 8 seconds of track time lost, not to mention that when you stay out and the other pit that they end up right on your butt with fresh tires anyway. It made absolutely no sense at the time and even less when you realize that he should've managed a top 5 at worse given where he started and how things transpired with Perez going out and Leclerc not going to be able to make up that much ground. It was Alonso vs the 2 Mercedes for the 3rd podium spot if they just called a normal race instead of being such a mess.

Live between Baltimore & DC
Lived in Laurel and Odenton / Gambrills for quite a few years post undergrad. Left in '14. Use to go to Sign of the Whale in DC or Dogwatch Tavern in Bmore for Cuse alumni association bball game watch parties.

Lived in Laurel and Odenton / Gambrills for quite a few years post undergrad. Left in '14. Use to go to Sign of the Whale in DC or Dogwatch Tavern in Bmore for Cuse alumni association bball game watch parties.
Just moved to Laurel. They are building a community next to the horsetrack that we decided to buy into. Hoping it turns into something nice.

The Backyard in Baltimore is the new F1 spot. Haven't been here for a Cuse season yet but will definitely take a look at Dogwatch.

The race ended over two hours ago and I'm still amped. That was wild.

MICK!! My goodness he almost gave me a heart attack that last lap. Good for him man, glad that's out of the way- should do a ton for his confidence. Nice to see Kmag in the points as well, but it didn't seem like he had a good car at all.

Quite the race start. Half the field had horrible starts, which created a mess. Gasley saw that hole that Latifi took and thought he'd give it a shot. I've made that mistake too many times in sim racing, he had to have known that the hole wasn't going to stay that big forever. Glad everyone was alright. Once you go a few minutes without the network showing a replay, you start to assume the worst.

Bummer for Albon, I know everything happens so fast, but in a race (or even on the street) when the car in front of me slows suddenly, I make an effort to move to the side even just slightly. Allows meto prepare a move to get around the slower car if they continue to slow, and give any cars directly behind me the chance to see that a car is slowing. Vettel couldn't see bottas slow and boom got into the back of Albon.

Riccardo, ugh just not a good day. Idk if he's going to turn this around, has to be killing him. A podcast this week mentioned that he left red bull when he did, to try to set himself up for a chance at a Merc seat. Just had the timing messed up.

This is my first full season really paying attention to everything F1. I think today I realized how dominant Lewis can be. Merc is starting to get things figured out.

I don't understand how Ferrari can be so bad at strategy. I would always have a plan for as many scenerios as possible. "Alright, if we get a safety car in the next 10 lap window, we'll plan to put for softs". They wait until a SC happens, then look at each other wondering what to do. I know they didn't have a ton of time before Leclerc got to pit road, but maaan. He's obviously frustrated, and deservingly so. His team has ruined his season.

Nice run for Lando and Alonzo.

I still think Ricardo and Vettel are in Indy or NASCAR in the next 2 years.

Did Latifi save his job this weekend?! Will he be allowed to finish the season? Lot of rumors flying around.

Sainz was +3500 to take the win I heard. Must have been before quali.
I think I'm going to start throwing some money on Lewis and Russel, they're getting a W one of these weeks.

Ah that was so much fun.

Ferrari has been getting roasted on social media and podcasts all week

37C84E57-16F5-4084-A45E-26D8C6EC1921.jpeg

The race ended over two hours ago and I'm still amped. That was wild.

MICK!! My goodness he almost gave me a heart attack that last lap. Good for him man, glad that's out of the way- should do a ton for his confidence. Nice to see Kmag in the points as well, but it didn't seem like he had a good car at all.

Quite the race start. Half the field had horrible starts, which created a mess. Gasley saw that hole that Latifi took and thought he'd give it a shot. I've made that mistake too many times in sim racing, he had to have known that the hole wasn't going to stay that big forever. Glad everyone was alright. Once you go a few minutes without the network showing a replay, you start to assume the worst.

Bummer for Albon, I know everything happens so fast, but in a race (or even on the street) when the car in front of me slows suddenly, I make an effort to move to the side even just slightly. Allows meto prepare a move to get around the slower car if they continue to slow, and give any cars directly behind me the chance to see that a car is slowing. Vettel couldn't see bottas slow and boom got into the back of Albon.

Riccardo, ugh just not a good day. Idk if he's going to turn this around, has to be killing him. A podcast this week mentioned that he left red bull when he did, to try to set himself up for a chance at a Merc seat. Just had the timing messed up.

This is my first full season really paying attention to everything F1. I think today I realized how dominant Lewis can be. Merc is starting to get things figured out.

I don't understand how Ferrari can be so bad at strategy. I would always have a plan for as many scenerios as possible. "Alright, if we get a safety car in the next 10 lap window, we'll plan to put for softs". They wait until a SC happens, then look at each other wondering what to do. I know they didn't have a ton of time before Leclerc got to pit road, but maaan. He's obviously frustrated, and deservingly so. His team has ruined his season.

Nice run for Lando and Alonzo.

I still think Ricardo and Vettel are in Indy or NASCAR in the next 2 years.

Did Latifi save his job this weekend?! Will he be allowed to finish the season? Lot of rumors flying around.

Sainz was +3500 to take the win I heard. Must have been before quali.
I think I'm going to start throwing some money on Lewis and Russel, they're getting a W one of these weeks.

Ah that was so much fun.
I'm out of the country right now but had Sainz at +1600 last week. I can't imagine he ever got near +3500 since he's one of 4 cars with a real chance of winning. I usually throw 5 bucks on him and Perez if they are +1200 or higher.

I'm out of the country right now but had Sainz at +1600 last week. I can't imagine he ever got near +3500 since he's one of 4 cars with a real chance of winning. I usually throw 5 bucks on him and Perez if they are +1200 or higher.
I can't remember where I heard it, but I did think it sounded high. Nice hit with the +1600!

Both HAAS into Q3, let's gooo!
Both Mercs put it into the tire barrier.

Super pumped about the sprint weekend. Hopefully Lewis and KMag don't get together while Lewis is trying to get to the front.

Lando seems to be joining Ricciardo with being uncomfortable in that Maclaren.

I feel bad for Vettel. He can't be having any fun.

Man I wanted Mick to hold off Lewis so bad.
Not a bad sprint race, might have been quite boring had we not been able to watch the HAAS show. Is tomorrow just going to be a big DRS train? This is a track I've always struggled with on the sim, but I've only ran sports cars on it. I might jump on today and see what kind of lap time I can turn.

If you're not watching the Ted Kravitz Notebook shows, I really think you're missing out. I find them on watchespn, go to F1 content, and on demand. (Also, live on espn3 at 1 eastern today). A half hour full of unintentional comedy and awkward humor. The one after quali yesterday had me dying.

We had Wimbledon this morning, so I just finished the race replay. Wow, another fantastic one!

Double points for HAAS! I was a little salty with Mick's attitude yesterday, complaining about being quicker than KMag but he showed it today.

Poor Carlos, that's a huge bummer.
I can't believe they don't have toe hooks or something on these throttle peddles.

Alonzo's finger wag killed me, man I love him.

Nice to see both Maclaren's in the points!

Such a fun race to watch, these last two weeks have been fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom