Favorite Songs Of The 1970's | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Songs Of The 1970's

This one is for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law who used this song as their wedding dance.

[song: Dixie chicken]

EDIT - watching the video and is it just me or does Bonnie Raitt have it going on in this video? Never thought of her as attractive, but damn.

Just looking through the many, many songs of Elton John and realize I could post dozens. But I'm only going to post the one that really most of us young guys have heard/seen recently, and I'm posting it from the movie Almost Famous. Cause it was one of the best scenes in that movie.

And I'm hoping that no one else has posted because I forget to check.

[song: tiny dancer]

just posted some Sir Douglas Quintet on the 60s thread and it reminded me of this number. (Is Anybody Going To) San Antone? was a huge hit for Charlie Pride in the early 70s - went to #1, I believe. But I always knew it as a Doug Sahm number, by way of the Texas Tornados. As I dug into it, I found this awesome recording of Sahm & Bob Dylan doing the number. the backing band includes not only members of the Sir Doug Quintet, but also legendary string bender David Bromberg and Dr. John!

[song: (Is Anybody Going To) San Antone]

just posted some Sir Douglas Quintet on the 60s thread and it reminded me of this number. (Is Anybody Going To) San Antone? was a huge hit for Charlie Pride in the early 70s - went to #1, I believe. But I always knew it as a Doug Sahm number, by way of the Texas Tornados. As I dug into it, I found this awesome recording of Sahm & Bob Dylan doing the number. the backing band includes not only members of the Sir Doug Quintet, but also legendary string bender David Bromberg and Dr. John!

Good find. What the hell, we've already got Kinky Friedman doing some Chinga Chavin, might as well get Doug Sahm in, too.

[song: Dead Skunk]

An absolute classic, no matter how you see music, from a real folkie, who even married Kate McGarrigle, a beautiful soul may she RIP ...

[song: Highway Driving]

I'm willing to guarantee two things: none of you have ever heard this before, nor do any of you have any idea where Wawa is.

This one is for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law who used this song as their wedding dance.

[song: Dixie chicken]

EDIT - watching the video and is it just me or does Bonnie Raitt have it going on in this video? Never thought of her as attractive, but damn.

I saw Little Feat in concert once, it was outstanding. Half way through, Coco Montoya walked out of the background, climbed right on, stepped right in, and none of them even seemed to notice. Seemed they'd done it before, LOL! What a GREAT freakin' show that was.

Dude. I've always had it out for Bonnie Raitt. I mean, all that and she can play, too. I love Emmylou too, but Bonnie is that strangely perfect combination of cute, homely and "All night long."

[song: Dead Skunk]

An absolute classic, no matter how you see music, from a real folkie, who even married Kate McGarrigle, a beautiful soul may she RIP ...

Outstanding!

BTW, "We're An American Band" has already been posted. It's on the last list which you can view on page 28.

I can't top Cowtown representing the 70s with "Dead Skunk" but this is close.....

[song: Chevy Van]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom