Favorite vacation destination you've been to | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite vacation destination you've been to

I am partial to St. Johns in the USVI.

That would be my vote.

Disney World also. My wife hounded me for 2 or 3 years to start planning a Disney World trip for us (2 kids). I put it off as long as I could, cause it 'aint cheap!
But I'll tell you, I'm all in Disney now. I can see why people go every year or more than once a year. Can't wait for Star Wars Land.

Did we get five pages without a mention of the desert Southwest? Because it might not be my absolute #1, but Zion (and Bryce and GC and a bunch of the smaller state and county parks) is incredible.

Love those red rocks.

Kind of hate Florida in general, but the Overseas Highway is pretty neat as well.

Did we get five pages without a mention of the desert Southwest? Because it might not be my absolute #1, but Zion (and Bryce and GC and a bunch of the smaller state and county parks) is incredible.

Love those red rocks.

Kind of hate Florida in general, but the Overseas Highway is pretty neat as well.

I absolutely loved Zion. That place is amazing. I really want to go back with my mountain biking stuff and ride all over the SW.

I can drive to Sedona for lunch and a nice little hike. My day trip to de-stress.
Tokyo was fun.
I was a bit disappointed with Maui. Had bad weather, so probably need to try it again.
Many years ago, Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia. Does not exist in that form anymore. Probably the most beautiful place I have ever been to.

I can drive to Sedona for lunch and a nice little hike. My day trip to de-stress.
Tokyo was fun.
I was a bit disappointed with Maui. Had bad weather, so probably need to try it again.
Many years ago, Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia. Does not exist in that form anymore. Probably the most beautiful place I have ever been to.
My wife and I are thinking Croatia for the next big family vacation.

French Polynesia...

Hawaii without the tourists and traffic...

Big Island...

I live N Shore on Oahu. Go see the volcano, green sand and black sand beaches on Hawaii...
Yeah, I was just curious why he said Ithaca has better waterfalls than HI. Especially since HI has a bunch that are among the tallest waterfalls on the planet. I realize that's not the only criteria for falls, but just seemed like a weird statement.

Yeah, I was just curious why he said Ithaca has better waterfalls than HI. Especially since HI has a bunch that are among the tallest waterfalls on the planet. I realize that's not the only criteria for falls, but just seemed like a weird statement.

Lol... Ithaca's waterfalls are not better than HI's...

Lol... Ithaca's waterfalls are not better than HI's...
In fact, I grew up in Ithaca. On Cayuga Heights.

I cannot think of one thing about Ithaca that is "better" than HI...

Grand Cayman
St. John, USVI
Turks and Caicos Islands
St. Kitts/ Nevis
Aruba
BVI
Barbados
St. Martin (French side)
Antigua
Costa Rica
Cancun
DR
Hawaii (Oahu)
Key West

Pretty much all of Italy (favorites would have to be Ravello/Florence/Venice)
St. John USVI
Paris
Budapest
Prague (surprised nobody else mentioned it)

Sorry for the delay.

Went to Oahu and Maui did the road to Hanna (yawn, the drive on the other side of the island the car rental companies tell you not to go to was much more impressive), the plane ride over is horrendous, the islands (at least where we went) while surely beautiful have nothing on say most anything in the Caribbean most especially the American and British Virgin Islands which are about a 1000x easier to get to.

Fully acknowledge, however, there are likely some great ones I missed of course (and admittedly one called the blue pool was nice as it was right on the ocean) on the other islands, but with what we did see I stand by my statement:

the biggest waterfalls in Hawaii google image search

The biggest waterfalls in Ithaca ny Google image search

(Edit for some reason the links won't paste!)

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay.

Went to Oahu and Maui did the road to Hanna (yawn, the drive on the other side of the island the car rental companies tell you not to go to was much more impressive), the plane ride over is horrendous, the islands (at least where we went) while surely beautiful have nothing on say most anything in the Caribbean most especially the American and British Virgin Islands which are about a 1000x easier to get to.

Fully acknowledge, however, there are likely some great ones I missed of course (and admittedly one called the blue pool was nice as it was right on the ocean) on the other islands, but with what we did see I stand by my statement:

the biggest waterfalls in Hawaii google image search

The biggest waterfalls in Ithaca ny Google image search

(Edit for some reason the links won't paste!)
Yeah I realize people's favorite places and idea's of vacations are one of the most subjective things there is. There's no doubt about what places are easier to get to, or are a pain.
I was wondering where you went, and that may be, why you weren't that impressed? I admit, I'm not familiar with Maui. I would just say while it's all paradise to me, if you did the Big Island, Kauai, and Molokai, you might forget Ithaca had waterfalls.

I do like this thread, it makes for good ideas and has me interested in a few places that I haven't been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom