FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

What? that's not how I remember the story being told. I thought it was Boeheim that had to do the convincing. Where is Davis getting his facts from I wonder

"Pitino’s obvious ability, combined with the network of contacts he developed while coming up through the New York City hoops scene, earned him a job interview with Jim Boeheim, the newly-hired head coach at Syracuse. The interview took place in a hotel lobby on Pitino’s wedding night. While his new bride cooled her heels in their room upstairs, Pitino convinced Boeheim to hire him, and then he called off his honeymoon so he could head to Cincinnati to recruit a guard named Louis Orr. (Orr, of course, eventually signed with Syracuse, sending Boeheim onto his own Hall of Fame career.)"

002.gif

What? that's not how I remember the story being told. I thought it was Boeheim that had to do the convincing. Where is Davis getting his facts from I wonder

"Pitino’s obvious ability, combined with the network of contacts he developed while coming up through the New York City hoops scene, earned him a job interview with Jim Boeheim, the newly-hired head coach at Syracuse. The interview took place in a hotel lobby on Pitino’s wedding night. While his new bride cooled her heels in their room upstairs, Pitino convinced Boeheim to hire him, and then he called off his honeymoon so he could head to Cincinnati to recruit a guard named Louis Orr. (Orr, of course, eventually signed with Syracuse, sending Boeheim onto his own Hall of Fame career.)"
And "guard" Louis Orr?

I was thinking about Bama basketball and how they and Oregon might get caught up in this. I mean, how the hell did Avery Johnson, who had ZERO head coaching experience (though a successful NBA career), suddenly start scoring top 20 guys like Colin Sexton and beating out the likes of Kansas and HOFer Bill Self? Just doesn't make sense.

Too weird about the Bama stuff now. Was playing pickup ball today and was talking with a guy whose a Bama fan. We were talking about what transpired the last few days and we both said we can't see Avery Johnson doing anything dumb like that. Guess we might be both wrong.