FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

I sure as heck don't claim to know anything, It could be completely bogus. But it does sound plausible to me. Nike stock was trending down. In big business lots of shady things happen.

yea but they are after nike now too.

"This "probe" is 2 years in the making". Poor coaches sitting and watching an FBI agent put on a latex glove and telling them there's gonna be a lot of probing going on. Instant flip!
Coincides roughly with JB getting screwed. Hmm

0001.jpg

yea but they are after nike now too.

I agree it's unlikely, but not necessarily impossible. Especially if the rumors that Nike has an in with the FBI are true.

I agree it's unlikely, but not necessarily impossible. Especially if the rumors that Nike has an in with the FBI are true.

I'm guessing nike wasn't a mole. this spawned from an sec securities investigation of a financial advisor.

Following this thread is nearly a full-time job. I check in every 45 minutes and there's 100 more posts to plow through.
Agree. I think I have to stick around the house. I come back after being out and about, and there are 10 more pages at least if not more.

Not mentioned yet...BEST statement I heard today on CNN. This is the equivalent of a lifetime achievement award for Pitino!!

Why is he speaking in third person?

So he can blame Rick Pitino, who is obviously another person entirely, the next time Rick Pitino has sex on a restaurant table with someone who isn't his wife.

Swofford has to be arranging a come to Jesus meeting with all the bball head coaches in the ACC right now, football head coaches too. Man oh man, would I love to be a fly on the wall for that pow wow
guaranteed someone will have a fly swatter and it will hurt.

I'm curious how you all think this will impact the case against UNC? I think it could go one of two ways...
1. It could mean things get slid under the rug and put on the back burner because there is a much larger scandal going on... OR
2. The NCAA is going to want to flex it's muscles, and the scandal makes the NCAA come down harder on UNC.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing nike wasn't a mole. this spawned from an sec securities investigation of a financial advisor.
Yeah Wetzel talked about this today around noon. Said the guy was from Pittsburgh and wanted to cut a deal saying the money that is going around in College basketball was unreal.Bigger than what they got him for.

Everyone they arrested yesterday is on video and or Audio recordings. Rock solid evidence.

I'm curious how you all think this will impact the case against UNC? I think it could go one of two ways...
1. It could mean things get slid under the rug and put on the back burner because there is a much larger scandal going on... OR
2. The NCAA is going to want to flex it's muscles, and the scandal makes the NCAA come down harder on UNC.

Thoughts?
Academic fraud is a felony right?