FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Rick Pitino has coached his last game.

Being that they are currently on probation, and allegedly have them on tape, they'd have to look into the death penalty for UL, right?

I can't see how he possibly gets through this.

images

We are still waiting on 1 more right? I think they said 8 and have named 7 so far.

Funny post form Auburn Skizzout board:

Burn the arena and get the insurance money. We're screwed

I can only imagine how this board would react.

Wow. Crazy stuff. Not sure the NCAA will or can do anything, right? All these coaches will be fired and possibly a guy like Pitino but the programs won't be punished will they?
At this point, we don't know. Personally, I'm not going to say anything supporting or going against what the NCAA may have or have not done until we see what comes out of the noon presser. Arizona, OK State, Auburn, and USC-w will be on no post-season for at least 3 years if the assistant coaches who were arrested eventually enter guilty pleas.

Can't wait for Jake to weigh in on this. I can tell you he's not going to be surprised ... as it's been going on in CB for years.

Anyone got any facts that Miami is involved?
It describes the one university as a private research university in Florida with the same number of undergrads and grad students as Miami. They're involved and dirty. Both coaches should be resigning by end of day. This stuff is all on tape.

Maybe someone else can figure out -- my mind is hurting from all the anonymous mentions. Given how we routinely have missed out on top guys choosing the mysterious other teams last minute, I'd have a hard time believing we were paying money...because we werent even getting the guys.

I'm still getting caught up, but University-4 = Arizona

So if penalties are handed out (i.e. no post-season), are non-involved players immediately eligible for transfer/play? Trying to think opportunistically...

I didn't see anything that would connect us directly like Bazley etc.

I was going to make a joke that after our poor 2017 recruiting cycle, that we seriously better have nothing to do with it.

I feel bad for the fans. We've dealt with the NCAA gut punch. It sucks.