Feel bad for the fifth year transfers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Feel bad for the fifth year transfers

I feel bad for Boeheim, who designed an offense for people like Billy Owens and Carmelo Anthony and then was shocked to learn it'd be executed by kids who have to look at the ball when they dribble.

He must have been so disappointed by that development.

I feel bad for Boeheim, who designed an offense for people like Billy Owens and Carmelo Anthony and then was shocked to learn it'd be executed by kids who have to look at the ball when they dribble.

He must have been so disappointed by that development.
Ouch.

I've never understood how some "fans" root for some kids over others, or some to fail on the team that others might succeed.

Good freaking lord.

Gillon was far from perfect. And he was inconsistent. He also won us some games, both in terms of hitting game winning shots and from being money at the line. The team took off after a disastrous start after Gillon got inserted into the starting lineup.

But yeah--blame him for the team not being in the tournament this year. :crazy:

To each his own. Some people have favorites they'll go to bat for as seen here. He was inconsistent in his role. In the loss to Miami, he was called out by some in the media for not showing up.

To each his own. Some people have favorites they'll go to bat for as seen here. He was inconsistent in his role. In the loss to Miami, he was called out by some in the media for not showing up.

I root for the whole team, not half the team.

I'm well aware that Gillon wasn't perfect. I'm just not going to throw him under the bus or pound my chest about not rooting for him like you are, the same way that I didn't do it when Roberson got removed from the starting lineup and thrown under the bus by a segment of our fans. Says a lot about you as a fan that you are willing to do that.

It's up to the players to get in. Gillon looked at the roster, and thought that if he came here, he'd help us get there. I guarantee that Gillon does not blame the staff for this. Players will most likely blame themselves because they didn't play well enough to get in.

Don't get the Keene love - he is a volume scorer who is just as small as Gillon. He shoots 30 times a game and has below average shot selection.

The defense has been fine. It wasn't good this year because the personnel wasn't good, it has NOTHING to do with the conference switch. The defense was good the last 3 years. It wasn't good this year because we had 4 new guys starting.
True but I think the problems on D were more of the fact that by nature it is hard to get score first guys who are in their last run to buy into a D that is more complicated than one thinks. The whole program's mindset on the D and the importance it plays in our system isn't a quick mental switch for scorers. As big a role White and Gillon played this year - they were still scorers at heart and I don't think ever really had time to cultivate the D first culture that our program has become.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom