Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances

People that start off sentences by saying "To be honest with you, ..."

So you're finally telling the truth as opposed to before?

And women that preface every expression with "he's like... bla bla bla and she was like... bla bla bla." That might have been acceptable when you're 12, not when you're 30.

And women that preface every expression with "he's like... bla bla bla and she was like... bla bla bla." That might have been acceptable when you're 12, not when you're 30.

To be honest with you, that third sentence is sexist...;)

The truth is <<bozo opinion goes here>>.

Mother-in-laws that you would love to tell go pound salt... but can't... because your wife still believes there's a relationship worth saving.

True story. When I first met my mother-in-law we sat down at her house to eat dinner. She serves soup. I reach over, pick up the pepper, and sprinkle a little on top of the soup before I take my first spoonful. My mother-in-law says, "Oh, you are one of those." What the hell does that mean! I didn't feel too bad because mother-in-law and her sister had rock'em sock'em knock-down argument over whether or not is was proper to put powered sugar in homemade whip cream during the desert phase. Oy vey!

Doing 2-3x the work of the people who make almost double my salary...

You have to be careful with this one. Sometimes the people who are making 2-3x more have really good social skills and you have to learn how to be a good listener to realize it. In my job, I'm amazed how the people 2 or 3 levels above mine are capable of navigating the treacherous political waters.

True story. When I first met my mother-in-law we sat down at her house to eat dinner. She serves soup. I reach over, pick up the pepper, and sprinkle a little on top of the soup before I take my first spoonful. My mother-in-law says, "Oh, you are one of those." What the hell does that mean! I didn't feel too bad because mother-in-law and her sister had rock'em sock'em knock-down argument over whether or not is was proper to put powered sugar in homemade whip cream during the desert phase. Oy vey!

I think she meant...you are one of those who add to dishes without trying them first...

It is legal to die for your country at 18 but if you have a beer you are breaking the law.

Alcohol causes about 1000x more problems than weed (the one I don't do is still illegal).

Health care, why are we the only developed country in the world that can't figure this out?

America's infatuation for punishment - our prisons are full, solution? build more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom