FF GameThread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

FF GameThread

jb is going to have to make some serious adjustments so we can get some points

jb is going to have to make some serious adjustments so we can get some points
If we aren't turning them over, we're going to struggle to get back into this. And we have not been turning them over. We also aren't getting any second chance points, which kills us.

The zone needs to come to life. This isn't the zone I saw against Marquette. I would like to see power, energy and sense of urgency

We have to win this game from the fouline in on both ends. Absolute must. We need that for momentum.

guy who shoots 26% from three goes 2-2 and then they hit two 35' threes means we are down ... that is 12 points that normally never happens

It's pretty obvious right? Don't meet McGary on the catch. If he wants to shoot that 17 footer, let him

This and get the flock in Burke's face every single time. No exceptions.

Well, if they shoot like this all night I would say anyone would loose! They are shooting like we did against Kansas in 03! I honestly would put in DC to see if he can body Mcgary. Also, Brandon and MCW need to go to the basket.

If we aren't turning them over, we're going to struggle to get back into this. And we have not been turning them over. We also aren't getting any second chance points, which kills us.

yeah mcw is going to have to be able to make some shots and get to the rim more

Problem on defense is our forwards have been caught in between... Fan out to their shooters, McGary passes it to the guy on the baseline, take that away and he hits a shooter with the pass.

CJ needs to pass the ball once in a while, he misses and Michigan got down court quick every- time for easier shots.

We need some good mojo:

Jennifer+Love+Hewitt+Hot+2.jpg

Being down this much at half, We will need James to get hot in 2nd half. He.s gotta move without the ball much better. Our center on D has got to play better or this will be a 20 pt loss.

Dc
Well, if they shoot like this all night I would say anyone would loose! They are shooting like we did against Kansas in 03! I honestly would put in DC to see if he can body Mcgary. Also, Brandon and MCW need to go to the basket.[/quot

DC would fair even worse...not quick enough.

If you watch southerland trying to get open he's being grabbed and pulled. In fact all of our guys are when they try to run through he lane to get open. If nothing is going to be called hen James has to work harder to get open. He's being really flocking lazy tonight.

Mcw is going to want to do it by himself he needs to stay in control and not be stupid .

I'd keep going to fair and maybe give the guards to green light and drive. Jb is worried about transition but the glass is killing us. Gonna have to send the house at boards and bust azz to get back on d.

We're going too much east to west on offense and we aren't getting any second shots. McGary is totally dominating on the inside. We are also very tentative on defense. We're not active all. They've taken Southerland totally out of the game. We need to run more high screens and clear out the side for MCW to get to the rim. CJ was taken out after the first five minutes of the game. Our offense is hurting us, which hurts us on the defensive end of the floor. They have so many more weapons than we do on offense.

Gottlieb pointed out how beilein schooled jimmyb in preparation and in game adjustments. Sucks but he is right.

also mcgary is looking like the best big man in the country right now. with him playing so well it really makes it tough we have to get a few stops early and get something going on offense

Their play against the set zone isn't hurting us that bad. We are killing ourselves by taking bad forced shots that are coming back in fast break transition baskets. BT and James took some bad shots that came right back in transition. We need to get better shots in the flow of the offense and get some open looks for Southerland. Set some screens for him please. They are keeping MCW from driving into the lane (except once) and he looks lost. Hope JB has some adjustments up his sleeve at halftime or it's going to be a long 2nd half.

Gottlieb pointed out how beilein schooled jimmyb in preparation and in game adjustments. Sucks but he is right.
I won't give this a like because I can't bring myself to, but, yes he was right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom