Florida is very underseeded | Syracusefan.com

Florida is very underseeded

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
That team could make a run. 7 seed is way too low for them.

Sure, they have 10 losses, but 5 of those losses came at the hands of UK, Syracuse, and OSU. I think the committee just looked at their record without taking into account where the majority of their losses came from.

if im missouri im pissed, florida is very talented. Uconn-Kentucky and Florida-Missouri look more like elite 8 games on paper and we could get those in the 2nd round. i dont think uconn can beat uk, but florida can definitely beat mizzou.

That team could make a run. 7 seed is way too low for them.

Sure, they have 10 losses, but 5 of those losses came at the hands of UK, Syracuse, and OSU. I think the committee just looked at their record without taking into account where the majority of their losses came from.
Who did they beat? Florida St and Vandy at home that is it. They lost to Georgia, Rutgers, Tennessee x2. They were properly seeded I don't think they are that good. If they hit 3's they are tough by they don't shoot consistently and have very little height. I believe Mizzou is a terrible matchup for them because Mizzou is weak against height and Florida doesn't have much outside of Young. Mizzou-Michigan State have the clearest paths of any 1-2 seeds IMO to meeting in a regional final.

Florida seems to be correctly seeded to me. I've seen them play like 6 times this year and just haven't been very impressed.

agreed if they started unranked they might be still unranked. i was pleasantly surprised to see them seeded as a 7 as they played like a fringe top 25 team all year

i agree they were properly seeded, they did not have a good year. but as a 7 seed they are very talented. hell alot of these guys were a shot away from making the final 4 last year, and donovan is obviously a coach who knows how to win in march. i guarantee missouri aint happy to see florida in 2nd round.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

The strange seed to me is Memphis at #8. I don't get that one at all. They should at least be a 6 if not a 5. How is Temple a 5 and Memphis an 8? And how is Temple a 5 and the team they were neck and neck with in the A10- St. Louis - a 9? And how is Mizzou the 8th overall seed? I am wondering what time they tap the keg at these meetings.

if im missouri im pissed, florida is very talented. Uconn-Kentucky and Florida-Missouri look more like elite 8 games on paper and we could get those in the 2nd round. i dont think uconn can beat uk, but florida can definitely beat mizzou.
I agree but the committee had Mizzou as the last 2, and it is becoming very clear the last few years that most if not all their decisions are based on who you play

I agree but the committee had Mizzou as the last 2, and it is becoming very clear the last few years that most if not all their decisions are based on who you play

The way they analyze strength of schedule is fundamentally flawed. Sure, Mizzou had some serious cupcakes on their schedule, but they still destroyed Notre Dame and Cal. And they still split with Kansas and beat Baylor three times. Went 5-0 against Texas and Iowa St.

So basically what the committee is saying is that if you schedule teams between 150-200 instead of 250-300, you're better. Even though you're no less of a favorite against a team between 150-200.

As Greg Anthony pointed out, by now all of the power conference schools have played great teams. It shouldn't matter where your cupcakes are ranked. Cupcakes are cupcakes.

Isn't one of their big guys, (Yeguete sp?) recently out for the season? Their bigs are now Young... and Murphy who is a jumpshooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom