Florida State - 16 Nov 2013 - Tailgate/Ticket Planning | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State - 16 Nov 2013 - Tailgate/Ticket Planning

I will be living in Miami this Fall (internship with the Miami Dolphins), so I am VERY interested in attending this game considering I can't get to any games in the Dome with my season tickets.

Having tough time finding reservations anywhere in the area. Waited too long.

Jeremy...let me know how many tickets, parking, etc.

Crusty...are you driving or flying? Will see what i can find.

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

UPDATE: Ok...putting a down payment on tickets today as they are going to raise the rate of group tickets by $5 per tier as apparently for the SU game Bobby Bowden will be there as well as the '93 National Championship team for their 20 year reunion. However, they are not going to raise the rates on us as long as I put down this money.

Also, some time this week or next I will be PMing you through this site to get some additional information from you (mainly contact info).

I am still working the tailgate stuff. Hope to have additional information/pricing on that soon.

Finally, as far as payment, don't need that yet...once I get the tailgate portion set, will set total costs at that time and payment timetables.

Greetings everyone,

My name is Mark and I'm a Senior Account Executive at Florida State University. I'm AFO's contact here at the ticket office and wanted to introduce myself to you all. As he mentioned, he put a deposit down on the group to ensure the $25/ticket rate in the event that the price is raised. That means that even if you haven't RSVP'd through him yet, you can still get the $25 ticket rate!

As he touched upon, Bobby Bowden will be back in attendance along with some players from the 1993 Championship team in order to celebrate the reunion of that title. It should be a really cool event for everyone as this season marks Bobby's first return to Doak Campbell Stadium. Let me know if you guys had any questions as I'd be happy to help clarify anything. (Although you have done a fantastic job so far AFO!)

Thanks,

Mark

I've never been to Tallahassee for a game or anything else. Besides the tailgate party (which I am sure will be awesome) and the game, are there things to do? My group has gone to USF a few times and outside of the game, we found lots of things do make it a great road trip. Last trip we stayed on the beach ...had a great time. How is Tallahassee in that respect? It's between that and GA Tech and so far GA Tech is winning...but maybe out of ignorance. We all know what Atlanta is like but no so with the Tallahassee area.

I've never been to Tallahassee for a game or anything else. Besides the tailgate party (which I am sure will be awesome) and the game, are there things to do? My group has gone to USF a few times and outside of the game, we found lots of things do make it a great road trip. Last trip we stayed on the beach ...had a great time. How is Tallahassee in that respect? It's between that and GA Tech and so far GA Tech is winning...but maybe out of ignorance. We all know what Atlanta is like but no so with the Tallahassee area.

Check this out: http://www.visittallahassee.com/things-to-do/

Also, Tally is about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs drive from the Gulf Coast...beautiful white sand beaches.

Downside is that the game is November and since the beaches areas are heavily based on tourism, some to a many places may be closed for the season.

Closest major beach town/city is Panama City Beach. However you can take scenic HWY 98 along the Gulf Cost either east or west and go through some nice, quaint beach/fishing towns. Also, there is Seaside, http://www.seasidefl.com/ where The Truman Show, starring Jim Carrey was filmed.

EDIT: Just saw this: http://travel.yahoo.com/photos/amer...lideshow%2Fbest-beaches-photo--242320673.html

Getting towards last call on tickets!! If you want to attend this game with our group, please let me know ASAP!!

Check this out: http://www.visittallahassee.com/things-to-do/

Also, Tally is about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs drive from the Gulf Coast...beautiful white sand beaches.

Downside is that the game is November and since the beaches areas are heavily based on tourism, some to a many places may be closed for the season.

Closest major beach town/city is Panama City Beach. However you can take scenic HWY 98 along the Gulf Cost either east or west and go through some nice, quaint beach/fishing towns. Also, there is Seaside, http://www.seasidefl.com/ where The Truman Show, starring Jim Carrey was filmed.

EDIT: Just saw this: http://travel.yahoo.com/photos/america-s-best-beaches-2013-slideshow/#crsl=%2Fphotos%2Famerica-s-best-beaches-2013-slideshow%2Fbest-beaches-photo--242320673.html
Awesome...thanks!

Ok...I have PM'd everyone that has signed up and listed on the 1st post. Please reply back to me with the information requested.

Still working on parking. Once that is set I will provide each of you with a total amount and a due date to send me the money by check.

Game tickets are $25/ea and estimate parking at a max of $20/space...that should give you an idea of how much you will need to budget.

For those that have not yet signed up...this your FINAL CHANCE!!! Please sign up now if you are planning on attending this game in Tallahassee. Bobby Bowden will be in attendance, so you will get to see a former SU foe (from his WV days). Also, you can plan on the FSU crowd to be amped up a bit with not only Bobby being there, but also the 20 year reunion of the 1993 FSU National Championship team.

If you have any questions or need further information please let me know!!

Ok...I have PM'd everyone that has signed up and listed on the 1st post. Please reply back to me with the information requested.

Still working on parking. Once that is set I will provide each of you with a total amount and a due date to send me the money by check.

Game tickets are $25/ea and estimate parking at a max of $20/space...that should give you an idea of how much you will need to budget.

For those that have not yet signed up...this your FINAL CHANCE!!! Please sign up now if you are planning on attending this game in Tallahassee. Bobby Bowden will be in attendance, so you will get to see a former SU foe (from his WV days). Also, you can plan on the FSU crowd to be amped up a bit with not only Bobby being there, but also the 20 year reunion of the 1993 FSU National Championship team.

Thank you once again for putting this all together. I am looking forward to taking part in the whole experience.

All information has been consolidated in the original post on the 1st page...for your convenience.

Between now and the game, if you get any information you would like to share, please post here. I will then add to the OP on the 1st page. TexanMark is planning on taking what we learn from this game and creating an FSU entry in his SU Travel/Tailgate guide.

I didn't see my request for 2 tickets included in your updated count. Can you add me on and PM me the necessary info?

I didn't see my request for 2 tickets included in your updated count. Can you add me on and PM me the necessary info?

Sorry...not sure how i missed you. Will take care of itin the morning at work.

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

If you are interested in greyhound racing: Greyhound Racing: www.goebro.com/
- Approximately 2 hrs or so from Tally. Just take W. Pensacola, turns into Hwy 20 all the way to Ebro.
- They have a poker room, also.

Ok...thanks to Mark, we have a lead on awesome parking for this game. However, due to it's location it may cost as much as $30/spot. Am currently working on getting the price dropped. According to the person I talked to these spots go for $50/spot on game day. I need to know ASAP if you will NOT want parking, otherwise I am going with the list that is on the original post on this thread.

For a look at the spot: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Tall...d=dBcjrr3RGJxbHValOvXKSw&cbp=12,92.11,,0,2.19

Highlited in yellow and circled in blue is location of the parking...so you can see it is prime parkin:

FSU Game Parking.JPG

EDIT: I am planning on adding a $1 or or two onto the total cost to cover the purchase of a 2-4 extra tickets and 2-3 extra parking spaces. If the tickets are not sold/used by someone on this board, I will sell them and use the money for the next tailgate (SU @ FSU basketball game??). Extra parking will be to set up a canopy or two and/or open area for games/entertainment (cornhole, etc.).

EDIT: Parking will be $40/space...not $30...see further posts on this page and the next page discussing this along with background...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom