Florida State - 16 Nov 2013 - Tailgate/Ticket Planning | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State - 16 Nov 2013 - Tailgate/Ticket Planning

One more request for info...this is more of a personal request. Mrs AFO and I are trying to decide if we are going to bring my 8 year old son (will be 8 by then)...anyone else bringing kids and how old?

One more request for info...this is more of a personal request. Mrs AFO and I are trying to decide if we are going to bring my 8 year old son (will be 8 by then)...anyone else bringing kids and how old?

My kids are older. I will be bringing my 17 year old son and his friend and my in-laws. The father in law is like an 8 year old at times.

I still would like 2 parking passes and no problem with the additional money for extra tickets/passes. Thanks again for all you have done for putting this together.

I'll have my oldest daughter there who'll be 6 by the game. Heck, she's already gone to the Tulane game 2 years ago and the USF game last year. (And the NCSt BBall game in 2011) Let's hope her winning streak continues. ;)

PARKING UPDATE:

Still working it. So far not having a lot of luck!!

Have not received any reply back from the person in regards to the parking mentioned a few posts back/above.

Also, the Leon County Civic Center offers parking for $8.00 per person...however, it is first come/first serve...they do not do reservations. Also, I can not show up and buy 20 spaces and then mark out territory...it's one at a time. They do offer shuttle service from the Civic Center for $5.00 per person.

Finally, FSU may offer a place for opposing fans to gather/party prior to the game. It won't be a tailgate spot, more like an area to set up and get together/party. People would have to find their own parking, then bring their stuff to the party area, set up, etc.

Gonna call the Seminoles Booster Club and see if they can accomodate us. Fingers crossed!!

Am still working it, though and will provide updates as I get them.

EDIT: At the moment, that is a negative on the Booster Club...waiting on a call back from someone there, but the person I talked to initially said they even have trouble at times finding parking for their own members.

EDIT #2: That is a definite negative from the Seminole Booster Club.

EDIT #3: Ok...just contacted the person, again, with that prime parking location mentioned previously. Sent him an e-mail, again, per his request and waiting to see what he can do for his and cost. Issue with this location may be cost. Last time I tlaked to him, he mentioned $30 per spot. Not sure if everyone is willing to pay this much? I may start a poll to find out what everyone prefers...please keep an eye out either in your inboxes or on the Football board.

PARKING UPDATE:

Still working it. So far not having a lot of luck!!

Have not received any reply back from the person in regards to the parking mentioned a few posts back/above.

Also, the Leon County Civic Center offers parking for $8.00 per person...however, it is first come/first serve...they do not do reservations. Also, I can not show up and buy 20 spaces and then mark out territory...it's one at a time. They do offer shuttle service from the Civic Center for $5.00 per person.

Finally, FSU may offer a place for opposing fans to gather/party prior to the game. It won't be a tailgate spot, more like an area to set up and get together/party. People would have to find their own parking, then bring their stuff to the party area, set up, etc.

Gonna call the Seminoles Booster Club and see if they can accomodate us. Fingers crossed!!

Am still working it, though and will provide updates as I get them.

EDIT: At the moment, that is a negative on the Booster Club...waiting on a call back from someone there, but the person I talked to initially said they even have trouble at times finding parking for their own members.

EDIT #2: That is a definite negative from the Seminole Booster Club.

I'll put some feelers out to my wife's family members that live in Tallahassee, to see if they have any suggestions.

I'll put some feelers out to my wife's family members that live in Tallahassee, to see if they have any suggestions.

Thanks dude...trying to call that church you suggested, no answer. If you get any info/leads, please post here.

I knew parking was a pain in the ass in Tally, didn't know it was this much of a pain!!

Bottomline the FB tix are a good deal if parking runs $30-40 so be it. The location is primo. I dont think anyone will balk. Awesome job AFO.

Thanks dude...trying to call that church you suggested, no answer. If you get any info/leads, please post here.

I knew parking was a pain in the ass in Tally, didn't know it was this much of a pain!!

My wife's cousin (who has some sort of affiliation with the Tallahassee PD) , said the $30 lot you mentioned above is probably worth the extra money due to how close it is. In that lot, we'd be right in the middle of the action. She said she'll check this coming week to see if there's anything else which might be cheaper, but probably won't be nearly as close as that other lot.

My wife's cousin (who has some sort of affiliation with the Tallahassee PD) , said the $30 lot you mentioned above is probably worth the extra money due to how close it is. In that lot, we'd be right in the middle of the action. She said she'll check this coming week to see if there's anything else which might be cheaper, but probably won't be nearly as close as that other lot.

Cool...thanks for the assist JJ...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cool...thanks for the assist JJ...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My wife's cousin said that the two lots she has connections with both have events going on with it being homecoming. She said it would be best just to jump on that $30 lot and not think twice about it.

My wife's cousin said that the two lots she has connections with both have events going on with it being homecoming. She said it would be best just to jump on that $30 lot and not think twice about it.

Trying...but the guy is not very good at responding!! Still working it though...sorry everyone for the delay. Knew it would be tough finding parking, but not this tough!!

Thank you for trying JJ!!

I feel for you...polar opposite from Maryland. "Mr. TexanMark...sure the university will be glad to set aside 70 parking spots for you. Just tell you folks to bring $15 to Lot "X" with one of the 70 reservation slips I'll mail you with the tickets."

I feel for you...polar opposite from Maryland. "Mr. TexanMark...sure the university will be glad to set aside 70 parking spots for you. Just tell you folks to bring $15 to Lot "X" with one of the 70 reservation slips I'll mail you with the tickets."
FSU isn't taking the Orange very seriously....we just might have to go in their and beat them on homecoming weekend! :)

:bang:

Let's secure that lot as soon as you can, $30 is a great price in my mind; especially with them honoring Bowden and their undefeated team from some year in the past.

First the Good News: I was able to "reserve" approx 20 spaces in that lot.

Bad News: He wants $40 per spot instead of $30 he had previously mentioned. He said those spots normally go for $50 per spot on game days. Now when I originally talked to him he did say he could maybe do $30 per spot, when I mentioned this to him today he said he could not go that low...

Just need to know if people are ok with that price for parking? Or do you want me to look for other parking?

EDIT: Keep in mind, this primo parking...probably wont be able to get better and we will probably have most if not all of the back pakring area to ourselves.

Here is the post that shows a pic and location on Google: http://syracusefan.com/threads/flor...gate-ticket-planning.45659/page-3#post-661156

Bad News: He wants $40 per spot instead of $30 he had previously mentioned. He said those spots normally go for $50 per spot on game days. Now when I originally talked to him he did say he could maybe do $30 per spot, when I mentioned this to him today he said he could not go that low...

Just need to know if people are ok with that price for parking? Or do you want me to look for other parking?

EDIT: Keep in mind, this primo parking...probably wont be able to get better and we will probably have most if not all of the back pakring area to ourselves.

Here is the post that shows a pic and location on Google: http://syracusefan.com/threads/flor...gate-ticket-planning.45659/page-3#post-661156

AFO...IMHO just get it done and reserved. Your efforts are saving a bunch of Cuse fans money on the tickets. Also, it is a primo spot. No need to drive yourself crazy trying to find another spot. I know from past experience finding parking can be the biggest hassle. Hell I pay $30 a game to park at the Fine Lot plus donations. By getting in with this guy we can establish a relationship and hopefully use his lot every two years. We need to show Cuse colors clsoe to the stadium!

What worked well for me with USF last year (same type of deal). Reserve the 20 slots, Just collect the $40 upfront with the ticket money. Make a list of names and email to the owner. Send him a check in the mail. As you drive in they check you off the list. This game will be a sellout with Bowden returning.

I say jump on it. Much better than parking at the Civic Center and having to take a shuttle.

AFO...IMHO just get it done and reserved. Your efforts are saving a bunch of Cuse fans money on the tickets. Also, it is a primo spot. No need to drive yourself crazy trying to find another spot. I know from past experience finding parking can be the biggest hassle. Hell I pay $30 a game to park at the Fine Lot plus donations. By getting in with this guy we can establish a relationship and hopefully use his lot every two years. We need to show Cuse colors clsoe to the stadium!

What worked well for me with USF last year (same type of deal). Reserve the 20 slots, Just collect the $40 upfront with the ticket money. Make a list of names and email to the owner. Send him a check in the mail. As you drive in they check you off the list. This game will be a sellout with Bowden returning.

He said to contact him a week or two before the game...he would send us (me) parking passes that can be used to get on the lot. My impression is that he will collect the money as people arrive. I offered a downpayment to reserve it and he said no need, just contact him a week or two prior to firm it up.

So looks like I will be setting up a PayPal account and requesting ticket payment in the next week or so. If there are no objections, I am going to add $2 onto the ticket price to purchase an additional two or three parking spots and leave those open to put up canopies for sitting, grilling, games, etc.

So price per ticket will be $27 per ticket. If there is any extra money I will save for the next tailgate...basketball??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom