Florida State - 16 Nov 2013 - Tailgate/Ticket Planning | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State - 16 Nov 2013 - Tailgate/Ticket Planning

Your options:
1. You can get tickets through the group...see the original post on page one of this thread for details.
2. Contact sutomcat...he may have some extra tickets.
3. Contact FSU directly and buy tickets through them.
4. Contact SU and get tickets through them.
I do have 3 extra, so if anyone is interested in them, please EZ Inbox me ASAP...

Does anyone have good hotel tips? I'm looking to stay as close as possible at a nice or at least decent place for a good price. Is this impossible in Tallahassee?
I don't know what you consider nice. All I really care about is a clean room. I'm staying at a motel 6 about 3 miles from the stadium. My wife made the reservation so I don't remember the price, but it was reasonable. That was back in August, so I don't know about availability.

Ok...Here is my menu for the tailgate:

Grilled Chicken Wings with choice of Cherry BBQ sauce, Homemade Honey BBQ sauce, Mild Buffalo Sauce or Hot Buffalo sauce. Also, will have burgers and Hoffmann hot dogs. Condiments for burgers and dogs.

Will have some beer and soda (definitely some orange soda of course). Also, will bring ginger ale for Sutomcat, just need to know if he has particular brand that he likes...

Will have some chips.

What I am bringing:
- Canopy
- Couple small tables for food, etc.
- Some paper plates, forks, napkins, plastic cups, etc.
- Chairs...will have 8 of these...
- Grill...I will be grilling and anyone else who needs a grill can use mine as well.

Will have extra food, just cant afford for everyone, so of course those in the region driving, please remember to plan extra for those flying into the region. We should have enough.

Also, those flying in, anything you want to bring that is easy for you to buy, like chips, drinks, plates, cups, utensils, etc. will help...although if you don't have time/money don't worry about it.

I think we should have plenty either way.

We should hopefully find out a time tomorrow, Sunday, 3 Nov...unless it is an ESPN/ABC 6-day option game, which it being FSU is a good chance. Here's to hoping it is a mid-afternoon or evening game!!

For those inquiring about the following:
- Hotels...there should be plenty around Tally, just use any respective hotel search site and you should be able to find one. I am not very familiar with Tally, so I can't give you reliable specific info on Tally hotels, etc. There are a few on the board/in this thread who can probably provide better info than I.
- Golf...this is specifically for Tom...sorry...I do not golf and therefore have no idea about golfing in the Tally area.

However, for both hotels and golf, I will contact my POC in the ticket office at FSU to try and get some info about that stuff from him. Will do this Monday.

Finally, I will contact the parking POC this week and confirm that we are still good to go. It will be a pay when you show up deal...parking should be $40/space. Please check out the first post of this thread and make sure I have the correct parking space numbers for you. If I do not, let me know ASAP.

I think that is it for now. As we get closer and if I have further information to provide I will post it here...so stay tuned!! Look forward to seeing ya'all and LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

EDIT: For any last minute planners...there are three tickets available to the game...Contact Sutomcat via site mail if interested...

Been to Tallahassee 2x, stayed at Aloft both times. Pretty typical, they have the gamestuff there with all the flags of the opponents of FSU. The Duval is another place with a Shulas and a roottop bar.

Parking is now confirmed at $40 per spot. Address is: 1012 Florida 366 (W Pensacola St.), Tallahassee, Florida. When you arrive, have your $40 ready and tell the attendant you are with the Syracuse group. We should have approx. 25 spaces reserved in back the parking lot...behind the old gas station building. The attendant is supposed to be there between 10 to 10:30 AM Tallahassee/EST time. I will be there around that time. Look for a white Hyundai Entourage (mini-van) decked out with Syracuse stuff.

Look forward to seeing/meeting everyone and DON'T FORGET YOUR TICKETS!!!

FSU Parking_Tailgate.JPG

Parking is now confirmed at $40 per spot. Address is: 1012 Florida 366 (W Pensacola St.), Tallahassee, Florida. When you arrive, have your $40 ready and tell the attendant you are with the Syracuse group. We should have approx. 25 spaces reserved in back the parking lot...behind the old gas station building. The attendant is supposed to be there between 10 to 10:30 AM Tallahassee/EST time. I will be there around that time. Look for a white Hyundai Entourage (mini-van) decked out with Syracuse stuff.

Look forward to seeing/meeting everyone and DON'T FORGET YOUR TICKETS!!!

View attachment 5563

We'll probably plan on getting there right at 10 - 10:30 as well. I'll have the canopy to throw up and a table. Of course some beer and food as well.

AO

We plan to bring table, grille, paper products and some Publix Fried Chicken and a dessert or 2. Anything else you need let me know.
Ray

I have 2 people who dropped due to work. Let me know if anyone is interested in them, $25 each.

Well parking should be good to go.

I am bringing a bunch of stuff, hope I can fit 4 adults and an 8 year old in my mini van with everything I am bringing.

There appears to be a grassy area near the back of the parking lot, so am bringing my horseshoes set. If you have some games we play, please bring them.

I bought a new tailgate grill, so will have that and if someone needs use of grill, you can use it.

Stuff I am bringing:
- Chicken Wings and sauces
- Hoffmann Hot Dogs/Hamburgers and Buns
- Beer and other alcohol
- Water and soda
- Paper Towels, plates, plastic knives, napkins and plastic cups
- Couple small tables
- Canopy
- Chairs (at least 7 or 8, hopefully 12 if I can fit them)
- Grill
- Horseshoe set
- Propane canisters for grill
- Cleanup wipes
- Trash bags

As far as music, I will have my mini-van rockin either music or listening to football games via satellite radio...If anyone has something better, please bring it.

Not sure if I/we are missing/forgetting anything...if we are, please let me know.

Current weather forecast:
Few showers/30% chance; High 76, Low 62. Cloudy.

I have watched it go from 60% chance of rain to 10% and now 30%...Will provide updates throughout the week.

I plan on bringing a canopy, 2 tables, 20 pounds of Hoffman dogs with buns and condiments, a gallon of Apple Pie Moonshine and if I have time I will make a mocha cheesecake to bring as well. I will also bring some paper products and some water as as well. I will need to have someone throw the dogs on the grill.

I plan on bringing a canopy, 2 tables, 20 pounds of Hoffman dogs with buns and condiments, a gallon of Apple Pie Moonshine and if I have time I will make a mocha cheesecake to bring as well. I will also bring some paper products and some water as as well. I will need to have someone throw the dogs on the grill.

Awesome!!! Should be at least a couple grills for use...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Well parking should be good to go.

I am bringing a bunch of stuff, hope I can fit 4 adults and an 8 year old in my mini van with everything I am bringing.

There appears to be a grassy area near the back of the parking lot, so am bringing my horseshoes set. If you have some games we play, please bring them.

I bought a new tailgate grill, so will have that and if someone needs use of grill, you can use it.

Stuff I am bringing:
- Chicken Wings and sauces
- Hoffmann Hot Dogs/Hamburgers and Buns
- Beer and other alcohol
- Water and soda
- Paper Towels, plates, plastic knives, napkins and plastic cups
- Couple small tables
- Canopy
- Chairs (at least 7 or 8, hopefully 12 if I can fit them)
- Grill
- Horseshoe set
- Propane canisters for grill
- Cleanup wipes
- Trash bags

As far as music, I will have my mini-van rockin either music or listening to football games via satellite radio...If anyone has something better, please bring it.

Not sure if I/we are missing/forgetting anything...if we are, please let me know.

Current weather forecast:
Few showers/30% chance; High 76, Low 62. Cloudy.

I have watched it go from 60% chance of rain to 10% and now 30%...Will provide updates throughout the week.
Will you be sending out an updated who is bringing what?

Brother, Sister in-law and Niece backed out ... Ex and hubby bought 2 tickets so I've got one available if anyone needs it. Now bringing Garnet and Gold fans with us :-[ We'll have the following:
Grill
2 Canopies
6-8 chairs
20 lbs. of Spiedies
Bread
Slaw and Salad
Paper and Plastics
Beer and Cider
Water and Soda
Trash Bags
Wipes
Water for wash-down

AFO, I just cleared up some obligations on Saturday and will be able to make it to the tailgate, as opposed to strolling at 3.

What can I bring? Food or money, or both? I'll bring my own beer and food, but if there is anything outstanding the group needs, let me know. If I could throw my sausage on someone's grill, that would be much appreciated.

My neighbors are FSU season ticket holders, so I'll have to spend some time with them as well.

Can anyone get into the lot you are using for the tailgate?

AFO, I just cleared up some obligations on Saturday and will be able to make it to the tailgate, as opposed to strolling at 3.

What can I bring? Food or money, or both? I'll bring my own beer and food, but if there is anything outstanding the group needs, let me know. If I could throw my sausage on someone's grill, that would be much appreciated.

My neighbors are FSU season ticket holders, so I'll have to spend some time with them as well.

Can anyone get into the lot you are using for the tailgate?

Yes just show up at the lot and tell them you are with the Syracuse group...along with $40 of course...

I think we should be good on main food, based on what we are bringing and others are bringing...you can bring some type of appetizer, chips, dip, etc. From what I can tell may be a little lacking on the finger food/snack type stuff.

I believe there are going to be at least three grills...so should be good there...which you can use...

Or just bring a bit extra of what you are bringing...

Bring your neighbors with you to our tailgate, there will be some Noles fans there...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Will you be sending out an updated who is bringing what?

Will try and do that tomorrow evening, after work...cant access the site from work any more...

Seems like we should have enough...

If people buy stuff that they cant take back with them...nonperishable type stuff...i can store at my house for the next SU tailgate, basketball or football...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Will try and do that tomorrow evening, after work...cant access the site from work any more...

Seems like we should have enough...

If people buy stuff that they cant take back with them...nonperishable type stuff...i can store at my house for the next SU tailgate, basketball or football...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD
Let me know if you need some more hoffmans.

We will pick up some chips, pretzels, Doritos, Salsa and scoops to go with the other stuff we are bringing.

Still have 2 tickets for face value if anyone needs them.

Plan to be there B-4 11 am.

Ray

AFO

Since we are driving we will have
Another card table for you
Cooler with beer and water
Sub Ring or two
Chips, Dips, Apps,
CIGARS

And I think mom is baking chocolate chip cookies..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom