Florida State - 16 Nov 2013 - Tailgate/Ticket Planning | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State - 16 Nov 2013 - Tailgate/Ticket Planning

Wait a minute! You mean they didn't laugh in your ear, over the phone, all the while cackling they did not have seats for you? That's right, we are NOT F Ncsu and I know that neither Seminole Boosters, nor the athletic ticket office, would have promised anything involving parking as it's all they can do to keep the natives from getting too restless.

Yeah...parking is really tough in Tally. Been there...not a lot of it and what parking there is, it is very spread out. I can understand that they want to take care of the Boosters/Season's tickets holders. Doesn't mean it's not frustrating when trying to set up a group like this. They actually did have something we could use...they offered some open, indoor spaces that we could "tailgate"/party in...but you would have to carry everything in, clean up really good, etc. Would have been a pain. But at least they made the effort and was trying to accomodate us and other groups.

Actually, the FSU ticket office, specifically my POC there, has been outstanding!! We first reserved our tickets for $25 per ticket, before they had finalized pricing. When they did finalize pricing, they ended up charging $35 per ticket for the Syracuse game, but since they had already quoted us $25 per ticket they stuck with that. Plus, they have been very patient and willing to wait on us to get things together. Really a class act and very professionally run.

As you can see in some of the other posts, we did find parking, albeit $40/space, but the spot is great...probably wouldn't have found a better parking area.

I had season's tickets last year...but couldn't justify them this year...the home schedule is not very good...only good game are Miami and Syracuse IMO. Next year, though, I plan on getting season's tickets. Especially with ND, Clemson and Florida coming in!!

Are you going to be at the Syracuse/FSU game? If so, stop by our tailgate and say hello!!

Oh yeah and F ncst!!

Ok...Parking has been confirmed...or at least as confirmed as I could get from the POC. It will be $40 per space. I am to notify him the week of the game to remind him to let the attendant know about reserving us 25 spaces. That is all I have right now. Will let you know via this thread when I have more information. Right now, my guess is it will work one of two ways. Either I will provide him a list names that the attendant will use or you just tell the attendant you are with this group. Sorry, can give mush more as it has been hard even getting some kid of confirmation/response from him.

Another update: We have been seated!! WOOT!!

Got section 13, rows 65 and up. I have sat in that area before...pretty good seats, especially for visitor group seats. We will not even be sitting in the visitor seciton seating, but booster club priority 2 seating!!

Here is a link to Doak Campbell Stadium seating: http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/florida_state_university/football/#/level_1/

We will be on the visiting team side of the field.

Should be able to pay off the tickets by the end of this week and once I get the tickets I will set up a seating chart...SOOOOOO...I need to to know ASAP if you have any seating preferences. If not I will just work my way down the list.

Got section 13, rows 65 and up. I have sat in that area before...pretty good seats, especially for visitor group seats. We will not even be sitting in the visitor seciton seating, but booster club priority 2 seating!!

Not bad!

Another update: We have been seated!! WOOT!!

Here is a link to Doak Campbell Stadium seating: http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/florida_state_university/football/#/level_1/

We will be on the visiting team side of the field.

Should be able to pay off the tickets by the end of this week and once I get the tickets I will set up a seating chart...SOOOOOO...I need to to know ASAP if you have any seating preferences. If not I will just work my way down the list.

Well done! Outstanding seats. We need to take care of him next year.

Well done! Outstanding seats. We need to take care of him next year.

Yeah...trying to think of something that we can get him/them as a thank you. Not only did they honor the $25/ticket they originally quoted us (for other groups it is $35/ticket), but he/they have been very patient with us and hooked us with pretty good seats. I sat in that section for one game last year. They pretty good seats and really good view of the entire field.

Do we have a SyracuseFan.com plaque or thank you gift of some sort??

He is actually a Pitt fan, graduated from there. He is going back to Pitt on Thurs for next Monday night's game against FSU.

You will be able to hear the Warchant well from that section as the Marching Chiefs are seated in the end zone nearest you! :p

You will be able to hear the Warchant well from that section as the Marching Chiefs are seated in the end zone nearest you! :p

Not worried about it...don't think we will hear that much at all..since the only times they play it is when FSU makes a good play or scores...

Will hear more: LET'S GO ORANGE!!

Are you going to the game?

FINAL NOTICE: NEED TO KNOW ANY SPECIAL SEATING NEEDS

If you have any special needs for seating or requests, please let me know ASAP!! I am working on the seating chart and it will be final tomorrow.

Otherwise I will prioritze seating based on:
1. Date Paid
2. Date Requested Tickets
3. Space Fill Need

We are getting rows 65, 67, 69, 71 and 73. The even number rows are currently empty and will stay that way unless FSU, as a last resort needs to fill them. If that happens they will fill them with other SU fans. All of these seats were returned to FSU by SU. If they remain empty (which is FSU's plan), my POC at FSU said we can just spread out and fill in those empty seats.

Again, here is a link to Doak Campbell Stadium seating: http://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/florida_state_university/football/#/level_1/

Here is what the seating chart for our area looks like:

Seating Chart - Empty1.JPG

Those look like sweet seats. Any idea when you'll be receiving the tickets and mailing them out?

Those look like sweet seats. Any idea when you'll be receiving the tickets and mailing them out?

Waiting on the tickets...should be any day...will post here when I get them...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Not worried about it...don't think we will hear that much at all..since the only times they play it is when FSU makes a good play or scores...

Will hear more: LET'S GO ORANGE!!
Are you going to the game?

AFO, we will be there in P-1/S-11/Row 33 - two sections over from your group. Have noted the tailgate site and want to stop by and put a few faces to site posers...really, I meant posters couchburn

Perhaps we could be your new F WVa ...yeah, nevermind.

AFO, we will be there in P-1/S-11/Row 33 - two sections over from your group. Have noted the tailgate site and want to stop by and put a few faces to site posers...really, I meant posters couchburn

Perhaps we could be your new F WVa ...yeah, nevermind.

Sounds good and more than welcome to stop by and hang out at the tailgate.

Trust me...never try to be like WV...never!!

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

For those planning on flying...look at Jacksonville, Orlando and Atlanta...tix may be cheaper even with getting a rental car.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4

Tickets are in the mail...when you receive them, please post and let me know. Thank you!!!

Does anyone have good hotel tips? I'm looking to stay as close as possible at a nice or at least decent place for a good price. Is this impossible in Tallahassee?

For those planning on flying...look at Jacksonville, Orlando and Atlanta...tix may be cheaper even with getting a rental car.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4
I am flying in from Syracuse to Jacksonville, saved a lot of money going that way.

Anyone have any recommendations on courses to play in the Tallahassee area, especially on the east side of the city?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom