Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

Time to put the phone away and decompress.
Nah going to hell with my stupid ass bus. Cool when it's going good but I'm an azzhole when it isn't.

Yeah it was a sh!tsh0w all around.

Brown completely flopped at getting his team ready after a bye. Like mind blowingly bad.
I think it's bigger than not getting prepared during a bye week. We're averaging 95 yards per game on the ground and our best running game was 134 yards. A team that had 2 sacks in its first two games had 4 on us in one half and we had to do special stuff to keep them from getting more. Our oline is a problem yet again. On defense our best game against the run against Georgia Tech we still gave up 4.7 per run. We're weak in the front 7. I don't think we're fixing that stuff this year.

I don't think we have to have a terrible year, but we're gonna have to win with our skill position guys making plays. Gadsden can't disappear again.

Last edited:
This threads embarrassing for some of you. Did you expect Fran to be perfect? The guys never been a coordinator before, let alone a head coach. There is going to be growing pains. Week 3 bye was an absolute killer. Took away all our momentum. Still a young team coming together and the coaches are still learning. We need reps. Was the 4th down play call bad, of course it was. You either bring pressure or double/triple their best player. Inexplicably, we did neither. But we didn’t lose this game because of defense. Pick 6 on Villari’s poor route and the 3 points gifted by the refs on the worst roughing the passer I ever saw. Defense gave up 16 in my book.

I have more issues with the offense. Stanford lived in the backfield. We didn’t get our playmakers the ball in space. We leave one of our best offensive weapons in to block Stanford’s best pass rusher on a deep route. Dropped passes galore.

I can't imagine even bothering to watch sports if he really sits there thinking this play is no more important than any other play.

Good lord. Yes the play was awful. It’s a football game. Pick 6 = very bad. Pick in your own territory = bad. 23 rushing yards = horrid.

And sending 3 but single covering a 1st round WR = moronic.

The game was lost many different ways tonight. I can’t imagine watching a game just waiting for when the apparent only one that matters will pop up

This threads embarrassing for some of you. Did you expect Fran to be perfect? The guys never been a coordinator before, let alone a head coach. There is going to be growing pains. Week 3 bye was an absolute killer. Took away all our momentum. Still a young team coming together and the coaches are still learning. We need reps. Was the 4th down play call bad, of course it was. You either bring pressure or double/triple their best player. Inexplicably, we did neither. But we didn’t lose this game because of defense. Pick 6 on Villari’s poor route and the 3 points gifted by the refs on the worst roughing the passer I ever saw. Defense gave up 16 in my book.

I have more issues with the offense. Stanford lived in the backfield. We didn’t get our playmakers the ball in space. We leave one of our best offensive weapons in to block Stanford’s best pass rusher on a deep route. Dropped passes galore.

The call on Jobity was completely outrageous. Gift 3 points is right.

Good lord. Yes the play was awful. It’s a football game. Pick 6 = very bad. Pick in your own territory = bad. 23 rushing yards = horrid.

And sending 3 but single covering a 1st round WR = moronic.

The game was lost many different ways tonight. I can’t imagine watching a game just waiting for when the apparent only one that matters will pop up
Every team makes plays they want back but the common thread at Syracuse is that we blow close games more than we win them because our coaches are usually not smart enough and tend to coach fearfully in big moments

Last edited:
I don’t think they are automatic losses but per usual on this board, people underestimate having 3 straight home games. We’re going to lose games on the road. Guaranteed. Which is why you need to beat not ranked teams at home
No 4-0 with this schedule sucks. But let’s be honest we’d be a pretty shitty 4-0. But we beat a better team in GT like a drum.

2 of the road teams are BC and Pitt one who lost to us with no QB the other who should have lost to CDRW. Vegas we’ll have more fans. Cals homefield advantage is climate change protesters stopping the games. We really gonna take in those two int schools and lose to both? NC State has an 18 year old at QB.

I don’t really think we should lose more than 1 of them.

No 4-0 with this schedule sucks. But let’s be honest we’d be a pretty shitty 4-0. But we beat a better team in GT like a drum.

2 of the road teams are BC and Pitt one who lost to us with no QB the other who should have lost to CDRW. Vegas we’ll have more fans. Cals homefield advantage is climate change protesters stopping the games. We really gonna take in those two int schools and lose to both? NC State has an 18 year old at QB.

I’d be stunned if we don’t lose 2 or more with what we’ve seen so far

How do you rush 3 and leave single coverage on one of the best WR’s in the country that everyone in the world knows is getting the ball.

Sickening.
This is the bottom line. Was mumbling to myself leaving the game. Actually just straight speaking it. Rush 3 and double OR bring pressure and live with it. Doing neither is taking away nothing. Truly crazy.

I think it's bigger than not getting prepared during a bye week. We're averaging 95 yards per game on the ground and our best running game was 134 yards. A team that had 2 sacks in its first two games had 4 on us in one half and we had to do special stuff to keep them from getting more. Our oline is a problem yet again. On defense our best game against the run against Georgia Tech we still gave up 4.7 per run. We're weak in the front 7. I don't think we're fixing that stuff this year.

I don't think we have to have a terrible year, but we're gonna have to win with our skill position guys making plays. Gadsden can't disappear again.
Perfectly stated. The trenches are a major problem, gotta throw and throw to win, and we have a lot of talented guys to throw to.

Yes the refs were terrible again per usual.

It's football I get how things are missed. But that wasn't one of those types of plays, right in front of the ref. Really changes the game. Bad calls in football are just so crazy punitive.

Of course Anish and Ware say nothing about it, Anish seems petrified to be called a homer no matter what SU sport he calls.

It's football I get how things are missed. But that wasn't one of those types of plays, right in front of the ref. Really changes the game. Bad calls in football are just so crazy punitive.

Of course Anish and Ware say nothing about it, Anish seems petrified to be called a homer no matter what SU sport he calls.
Newhousey

Not a huge fan of Anish. He tries too hard to be cool. You don't have to call flags "laundry" everytime one is thrown, and say more than just "Carc" when going to Paul Carcaterra on the sideline.

Can I be honest again? Even though I thought we might lose to Stanford, I also thought, if we do, it’s a horrible loss. I was sincerely hoping that I was wrong. I was not. This is a bad , bad loss no matter how you look at it. So deflating. Just horrible. If you’re Syracuse, you absolutely have to win this game, but no. My fears realized. Sad.

Cal's QB is pretty skilled throwing the ball...Can run too...He went into Auburn who probably is hoarse sheet and won on the road in the SEC.

This board’s crazy right now. We have a brand new regime.

We’re not Bama under Saban, Cuse football doesn’t end its season when the playoff chances shrink. Jesus.

3-1 after 4 I would’ve taken all day at the start of the season. It takes more than 3 home games to see how a new staff adjusts and responds to adversity. Took pretty much 2 quarters for this board to completely flip.

We’re not Bama under Saban, Cuse football doesn’t end its season when the playoff chances shrink. Jesus.

3-1 after 4 I would’ve taken all day at the start of the season. It takes more than 3 home games to see how a new staff adjusts and responds to adversity. Took pretty much 2 quarters for this board to completely flip.
I was hoping for 8-4 because next seasons schedule is brutal. This was one of the wins I thought we could pull off though. After 3 games I'm just hoping for a bowl game again

I was hoping for 8-4 because next seasons schedule is brutal. This was one of the wins I thought we could pull off though. After 3 games I'm just hoping for a bowl game again

That's where I'm at at least a bowl and hopefully a bowl win and keep building and hopefully learning from mistakes!

Nixon's kid was out, and he provides a change of pace...I think Yazeed Haines was also out...What gets lost on a lot of people is they think Stanford is just some sort of Nerd herd...I believe they have the most Olympic Gold Medals in the history of Universities...I believe the facilities are on that level too...The coach won at Sacramento State, and was a helluva QB at Cal...Collectively, this board needs to take a drink of water, tylenol and sober up...Who actually thought we were going to the CFP? Like, the last guy who was employed as Head Football Coach confidently told the Media he had no Offensive Playbook, lol...

Nixon's kid was out, and he provides a change of pace...I think Yazeed Haines was also out...What gets lost on a lot of people is they think Stanford is just some sort of Nerd herd...I believe they have the most Olympic Gold Medals in the history of Universities...I believe the facilities are on that level too...The coach won at Sacramento State, and was a helluva QB at Cal...Collectively, this board needs to take a drink of water, tylenol and sober up...Who actually thought we were going to the CFP?
How many Olympic Medals does their football team have? This is your argument? Lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom