Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

The plan should have been to straight up make anybody else on Stanford beat you for the first down. Make their inaccurate QB go to his second read. It can’t be Ayomanor because that is what he and the Stanford coaching staff want. And we literally made that the easiest and best decision on the field pre-snap for the QB. It’s frustrating.

Ayomanor changes the game like I want Gadsden to, but he’s not quite there (yet).
Gadsden will never dominate and that's ok, he's overrated but still a good player

Flat and unprepared and no I am not talking about my first girlfriend in high school. Staff and players, it's on all of them. And by the way Villari, just stop sending him out in patterns. Blocking fine.
I look forward to seeing a much more focused staff and team the rest of the season. We still have really good pieces, let's see how they respond.

Not great, but not “football bad”.
I'd say making it to mediocre bowls is similar to being on the bubble in basketball or at least making the NIT tournament...

And then on the last play…

Infuriating.
Don’t disagree, and coming out of a defensive time out I think.

They should get credit for how bad everything was going to have a lead and get to 4th and 9 to win, but I agree, you need to close.

Good coaching to keep it together, bad job on that play and have the game be that close (imo)

We could have got to 2-0 in the ACC tonight. I think we only won more than 2 games in ACC play twice . I could be wrong, but i’m not emotionally drained to look. So much was lost here. If it’s NCST or someone else, ok. But can’t lose to Stanford at home after a bye. Does anyone have confidence we will travel out to Cal and perform similarly?
We play a similar QB in Sluka and then an 18 year old at NC State. Similar QBs to what we saw tonight.

McCord doesn’t have to outduel any pro prospects this year. It’s mostly other Ashton Daniel’s types.

People acting like Pitt Cal BC VT are automatic losses because we lost on a walkoff field goal are being stupid.

Here’s the problem - you can’t point to a play (or an officials call) that happened with 12:30 left in the first quarter as the reason you lost the game because there is time to overcome it.

You can, however, say an absolutely ridiculousy terrible defensive call by well paid coaches that is completely obvious from anyone who has ever watched a football game on 4th and 9 when you need one stop and the game is over actually does cost you the game because (a) it’s obvious, (b) you don’t have time to overcome it and (c) it was inexplicably self-inflicted.
I can't imagine even bothering to watch sports if he really sits there thinking this play is no more important than any other play.

Last edited:
We play a similar QB in Sluka and then an 18 year old at NC State. Similar QBs to what we saw tonight.

McCord doesn’t have to outduel any pro prospects this year. It’s mostly other Ashton Daniel’s types.

People acting like Pitt Cal BC VT are automatic losses because we lost on a walkoff field goal are being stupid.
I don’t think they are automatic losses but per usual on this board, people underestimate having 3 straight home games. We’re going to lose games on the road. Guaranteed. Which is why you need to beat not ranked teams at home

Andre Ware (a former quarterback for the Houston Cougars a long time ago) who was commentating the game was saying that they are going to pass to Ayomanor. It was plain as day!

Not believing the guy who kept saying 'Peen-ya' is understandable.

Week 1: horrible tackling
Week 2: horrible special teams
Tonight: horrible just about everything yet we were one boneheaded defensive play call from winning. I want to cry and barf at the same time

Ugghh sooo this!

Can I be honest? I was pretty sure we were going to struggle mightily against Stanford. Maybe even lose. It’s a shame we can’t discuss these kinds of things during the week.
Yes. Had Cuse winning in OT but something just felt off with this one…

I think it’s the I’ve seen so many potential let down games that it was that.

Week 1: horrible tackling
Week 2: horrible special teams
Tonight: horrible just about everything yet we were one boneheaded defensive play call from winning. I want to cry and barf at the same time
I want to die

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom