Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

I was hoping for 8-4 because next seasons schedule is brutal. This was one of the wins I thought we could pull off though. After 3 games I'm just hoping for a bowl game again

Its why the game’s played. I saw a bad football game, with some bad coaching. What I didn’t see was a hopeless team just completely outplayed. I’ve watched that hopelessness over and over for much of the last 20 years. This is not that. They don’t deserve to have our support just flushed

How many Olympic Medals does their football team have? This is your argument? Lmao
They have Jim Plunkett, John Elway and Andrew Luck...McNabb was hung over in the biggest game of his life...They produce a lot of talented athletes based on location and academics...

Its why the game’s played. I saw a bad football game, with some bad coaching. What I didn’t see was a hopeless team just completely outplayed. I’ve watched that hopelessness over and over for much of the last 20 years. This is not that. They don’t deserve to have our support just flushed
Nobody on this board is flushing their fandom. That's not a concern, imo. People are sick of having all hope perpetually destroyed. Being upset is fair. We're invested. It's because we care so much

They have Jim Plunkett, John Elway and Andrew Luck...McNabb was hung over in the biggest game of his life...They produce a lot of talented athletes based on location and academics...
Sounds like you should root for Stanford. I don't know what to tell you

Stanford will be one of the worst in the ACC. This is an awful loss. Awful. I still don’t understand how you call timeout only to let their QB play pitch and catch with one of the best and most physical receivers in the country.

The Athletic's power ranking coming into this weekend had us ranked #31 and Stanford ranked #91...out of 134 college football teams.

The Athletic's power ranking coming into this weekend had us ranked #31 and Stanford ranked #91...out of 134 college football teams.
Good thing those writers are in the trenches preparing teams to line up and win...

Nobody on this board is flushing their fandom. That's not a concern, imo. People are sick of having all hope perpetually destroyed. Being upset is fair. We're invested. It's because we care so much
Thats fair - I think it may suit some to sleep it off. The playoffs were a pipe dream. Lets get to work and build a foundation, an identity and a winning culture. I’ve seen enough signs to stay encouraged

Level of copium in some is very high right now.

Not losing at home vs a very average Stanford team doesn’t mean you think they were a playoff team.

It means you thought they should be good enough to beat a very average Stanford team at home.

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone can blame the jaded fans. Sure there are some certainly H0T Takes but quite a few invested and sick of losing. Just when everything seems to be on track we fall off the rails and it starts all over again...

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone can blame the jaded fans. Sure there are some certainly H0T Takes but quite a few invested and sick of losing. Just when everything seems to be on track we fall off the rails and it starts all over again...
Every team we lose to is better than anyone could have estimated. It's a broken record. Lol

Sounds like you should root for Stanford. I don't know what to tell you
I didn't root for Stanford, but I'm not going to get into an argument about how having Olympic training facilities can highly augment athletic performance, or the fact that historically Stanford has been a strong program that has produced Plunkett, Elway and Andrew Luck...A lot of you are acting like we lost to UB...I thought it was probably a 4.5 point game either way, and on this snap shot of a day, Syracuse didn't win. Happens...

I was hoping for 8-4 because next seasons schedule is brutal. This was one of the wins I thought we could pull off though. After 3 games I'm just hoping for a bowl game again
Gonna buy you a drink in Vegas, maybe 2 (you and your bride).

No 4-0 with this schedule sucks. But let’s be honest we’d be a pretty shitty 4-0. But we beat a better team in GT like a drum.

2 of the road teams are BC and Pitt one who lost to us with no QB the other who should have lost to CDRW. Vegas we’ll have more fans. Cals homefield advantage is climate change protesters stopping the games. We really gonna take in those two int schools and lose to both? NC State has an 18 year old at QB.

I don’t really think we should lose more than 1 of them.

We didn't beat a "better team in GT like a drum."

We almost gave them the game.

My fear is that Syracuse showed us how they really are late in the 4th quarter v GT.

Just a fear for now.

Astounding 4th down call…. Impossibly bad to throw a DB on an island against that stud WR (especially with their QB’s accuracy woes). Cloud that side with a safety over top and play match to the strong side. Hell even just play cover 2 and force the QB to make a tight window throw
And out of a timeout! You can’t go single coverage on their star wide receiver. And you had to figure they were gonna move him to the other side of the field after the Cuse timeout. We took zero advantage of two timeouts to communicate with the players.

Last edited:
Some of the comments and threads I've seen post game are very disappointing. Didn't know Cuse was the national title favorite and Fran Brown is Bear Bryant.

This is a process and he just took his first bad loss as a HC. Sorry that doesn't jive with people who had insane expectations after two games for a program that has been poor for 20 years.

Relax people.

Some of the comments and threads I've seen post game are very disappointing. Didn't know Cuse was the national title favorite and Fran Brown is Bear Bryant.

This is a process and he just took his first bad loss as a HC. Sorry that doesn't jive with people who had insane expectations after two games for a program that has been poor for 20 years.

Relax people.
Instead of making up dumb nonsense, can't you tell us what those insane expectations are

They had a one point lead against an underdog and did a horrible job on a 4th and nine that everyone could see in real time.

We agree it's his first bad loss. Made it almost a month weeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom