Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

Like I'm sorry but you can't even identify the best player on the field and be like yeah we should stop that guy? Ugghhh infuriating!!!
mostly in national TV games the announcers try not to rip coaches too hard. After that 4th down disaster the analyst immediately ripped the coaches for the single coverage on #13.

Instead of making up dumb nonsense, can't you tell us what those insane expectations are

They had a one point lead against an underdog and did a horrible job on a 4th and nine that everyone could see in real time.

We agree it's his first bad loss. Made it almost a month weeeeeee
If they go 8-4 i would be happy. I think making the playoff was never in the cards personally. For the record I agree the 4th and 9 defense was absolutely horrific and shocking choice to stick with. It's a bad call that I'm sure plenty of first-time coaches have had at some point in their inaugural run.

I just think for three games in, people have gone a little crazy with it.

And out of a timeout! You can’t go single coverage on their star wide receiver. And you had to figure they were gonna move him to the other side of the field after the Cuse timeout. We took zero advantage of two timeouts to communicate with the players.

He said he took the timeout to put his better corner on that island.

He knew what he was doing. And it didn’t work.

To me that strategy is ok if you bring pressure. Leaving your “best” corner on an island with a QBs who has all day isn’t going to work. To be fair to Lewis you can’t ask him to cover Ayomanor alone when even NFL prospect players can’t. Especially without pressure.

This post is ridiculous. Like others upset about the loss and the play call that ultimately lost the game but people need some perspective. Fran brought in some great players but it takes time for the players and coaches. Overall thought the D played well. Only gave up 6 points in the second half and 3 were on a short field. Offensive line had issues. Could not really protect and open any holes . This was the unit every one worried about. Let’s see how they adjust going forward. Sucks to loose but the overreaction against Coach Fran at this point is ridiculous.

Boeheim was smart enough to know that a timeout helps them as much as it helps you

If we were Stanford fans, we would've wanted to see exactly that

Didn't do exactly what the other team wants to see, why is that such a Syracuse tradition

To me that strategy is ok if you bring pressure. Leaving your “best” corner on an island with a QBs who has all day isn’t going to work. To be fair to Lewis you can’t ask him to cover Ayomanor alone when even NFL prospect players can’t. Especially without pressure.

Bingo. This is like rushing 3 and covering Justin Jefferson 1 on 1 with your best corner and expecting him to hold up.

I don’t blame Lewis at all. I think he had good coverage. Back shoulder catches are pretty common and not easy for the CB.

But I think, as you and others have said, you either blitz or you show them a look that you’re doubling him. Take it out of the equation.

Yeah, the rush 3 and a spy worked at times but on that 4th down I think they should've brought pressure. I think Stanford was even expecting blitzing as the RB was in to help block.

This post is ridiculous. Like others upset about the loss and the play call that ultimately lost the game but people need some perspective. Fran brought in some great players but it takes time for the players and coaches. Overall thought the D played well. Only gave up 6 points in the second half and 3 were on a short field. Offensive line had issues. Could not really protect and open any holes . This was the unit every one worried about. Let’s see how they adjust going forward. Sucks to loose but the overreaction against Coach Fran at this point is ridiculous.
I called them all clowns but is it really that bad an insult to say he is no different from other highly respected and often defended former coaches

Last edited:
All off season the question was “we know he can recruit, can he coach”

Question remains for me. I like the guy. I want him to be good. What we just saw off a bye week against frankly an average at best team has me concerned.

Good time to do a second, unnecessary tune-up on my leaf blower...

Didn't post at all after game because I was fuming pissed and punched couch cushions... Almost 12 hrs later and downgraded to thoroughly angry...

This board’s crazy right now. We have a brand new regime.

We’re not Bama under Saban, Cuse football doesn’t end its season when the playoff chances shrink. Jesus.

3-1 after 4 I would’ve taken all day at the start of the season. It takes more than 3 home games to see how a new staff adjusts and responds to adversity. Took pretty much 2 quarters for this board to completely flip.
Well was GT fools gold or how them really performs? So far we’ve seen two mid to low tier teams out coach Fran. That’s not a good sign. If we were concerned about having all first year coordinators and Hc, we probably should’ve not hired all first year coordinators.

Every team we lose to is better than anyone could have estimated. It's a broken record. Lol
That NFL running back tyus has run for less than 100 in both games since facing Syracuse. He must have played some incredible defenses! *south Alabama and Morgan stage* oh….

I knew this was coming. Fans have the right to be optimistic but I knew they were gonna lose some games they are supposed to win. New staff. New head coach etc. I wasn’t the only one.
Bingo. You’ve been calling it all offseason there are going to be growing pains with a young staff. Time to see how they adapt. I know they’re going to be nonstop all week.

We have. I've watched them all since the last years of Ben. The sack Mac pack wasn't even this quick to form.

It's one game, and it doesn't come down to one play. There's a lot of resulting going on today.
No one is saying to fire him
That is what I expected from a guy who had never been a HC or a coordinator.
Espnewhouse guy likes the rizz so none of this matters, hopefully he recruits so well nothing else matters

We had 26 rushing yards
5/13 on 3rd down
4 sacks
Questionable penalties
Two terrible picks
Couldn’t get anything going offensively
Very bad defensive scheme

This game isn’t lost because of a 4th down call as frustrating as it seems. Have so much to clean up EVERYWHERE.

Sucks it’s national TV, sucks we lose on the final drive. Bounce back. Long season
They better find a running back because neither Allen or Nixon are good enough at this level. They both are too slow and neither is physical enough to run through people.
They both are 3rd down backs and no more.
Allen's lack of speed didn't hurt last year because we had Shrader, who was more dangerous then Allen, and teams had to spy on him. Then they ran the wildcat with him and Villari, which worked for a couple games.
If they can't get Willis and James up to being able to contribute this year, teams will blitz a lot this year.

We kept the other clowns for years
He got out coached yesterday and made a very bad decision on Fourth down. Still for as bad as we played, we had the game won the team never gave up. The officiating which I hate to blame was beyond bad. Epic bad actually and that doesn't help. If Dan runs his route properly, we don't have a pick 6. If Gill runs his route properly and doesn't quit on it, he takes it to the house. If the kids doesn't nail a 51 yarder we win. Lots of ifs but this is a very young staff with a completely new team, and I think they are doing one hell of a job. Not yesterday but for the long term I would hope you can see we are going to be in a much better place than we have been. Respect your post as much as anyones on this board and im as pissed on the fourth down call as you and the rest are but i can also see that we are making huge strides as a program in recruiting, discipline, alumni involvement ect... This is a complete rebuild and its going to take time.

They better find a running back because neither Allen or Nixon are good enough at this level. They both are too slow and neither is physical enough to run through people.
They both are 3rd down backs and no more.
Allen's lack of speed didn't hurt last year because we had Shrader, who was more dangerous then Allen, and teams had to spy on him. Then they ran the wildcat with him and Villari, which worked for a couple games.
If they can't get Willis and James up to being able to contribute this year, teams will blitz a lot this year.

Having a hole to run through would help.

I think Nixon is a better pure RB than Allen though. Allen to me is a 3rd down back but he’s very good in pass pro. None of that was an issue. The OLine stunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom