Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

He got out coached yesterday and made a very bad decision on Fourth down. Still for as bad as we played, we had the game won the team never gave up. The officiating which I hate to blame was beyond bad. Epic bad actually and that doesn't help. If Dan runs his route properly, we don't have a pick 6. If Gill runs his route properly and doesn't quit on it, he takes it to the house. If the kids doesn't nail a 51 yarder we win. Lots of ifs but this is a very young staff with a completely new team, and I think they are doing one hell of a job. Not yesterday but for the long term I would hope you can see we are going to be in a much better place than we have been. Respect your post as much as anyones on this board and im as pissed on the fourth down call as you and the rest are but i can also see that we are making huge strides as a program in recruiting, discipline, alumni involvement ect... This is a complete rebuild and its going to take time.
They have the QB, that's 75% of the minor rebuild. They've been 500 aside from the stupid covid year. Complete rebuild is a bit much

Well was GT fools gold or how them really performs? So far we’ve seen two mid to low tier teams out coach Fran. That’s not a good sign. If we were concerned about having all first year coordinators and Hc, we probably should’ve not hired all first year coordinators.
Not a good sign? Fran just became a head coach. What did we expect? And WE STILL WON vs Ohio and GT because of the talent ONLY HE could have attracted here.

Give the dude a chance to learn. This team has more pride than past teams.

It only hurts this much because Fran’s bringing back meaningful football.

Im onto Holy Cross. 3-1 into our first road test, see what we’re REALLY made of

They have the QB, that's 75% of the minor rebuild. They've been 500 aside from the stupid covid year. Complete rebuild is a bit much
Ok how about a major rebuild. As to the QB that was all Fran. If you can't see the progress that has been made since Fran got the job than you and I are looking at two different programs. Again, I'm not talking about yesterday's game. Fran was completely out coached. I'm talking about the direction the program is going.

Not a good sign? Fran just became a head coach. What did we expect? And WE STILL WON vs Ohio and GT because of the talent ONLY HE could have attracted here.

Give the dude a chance to learn. This team has more pride than past teams.

It only hurts this much because Fran’s bringing back meaningful football.

Im onto Holy Cross. 3-1 into our first road test, see what we’re REALLY made of
Thank you for adding some sanity!

If they go 8-4 i would be happy. I think making the playoff was never in the cards personally. For the record I agree the 4th and 9 defense was absolutely horrific and shocking choice to stick with. It's a bad call that I'm sure plenty of first-time coaches have had at some point in their inaugural run.

I just think for three games in, people have gone a little crazy with it.
Agree, Overreaction is a message boards birth right I guess. You’re never as good as you think when you win and never as bad when you lose. Some weaknesses exposed, saying Robinson is a bad coach is ridiculous at this point in time, as well as some of the other comments.

Your thread title is a joke to call Fran a clown. This was a game that we never should have been in the way both lines were outplayed. Yet somehow we had a lead near the end. Fran got our guys to not quit and he also managed to find plays to keep McCord upright in the second half.

Yes, it should have been won or at the very least not been lost by allowing their star to make that play.

Fran has given this roster a significant talent boost. It will take more than one class to get it done.

It is his first HC gig, you think there wont be a few mistakes along the way ?

This year the goal should be to be above .500 and to go bowling - we are on track for that.

Actually the real big test will be next season when we will need to replace McCord.

The Coach and the Team need support not name calling after a game like this.

Agree, Overreaction is a message boards birth right I guess. You’re never as good as you think when you win and never as bad when you lose. Some weaknesses exposed, saying Robinson is a bad coach is ridiculous at this point in time, as well as some of the other comments.

Guy gave up 19 points, 3 completely gift wrapped on a 3rd and long bad flag.

McCord came down to earth a bit yesterday, OG was a no show.

I don't know how good of a coach Robinson is. The defense has left a lot to be desired so far this season and yesterday he was down 3 starters so that didn't help. My issue is I just don't like his style of defense. Bend but don't break. Not bringing pressure. I keep saying it but it's like watching Brian Ward coach defense again

Wow great job on the most important play of the game no blitz leave the best wr one on one unfreaking real... That's Babers level awareness eeshh...
I love all the Monday Morning QB's and coaches on this thread...This isn't Madden Football, this is the real deal. Everyone blaming the coach for the 4th and 3 completion...Their QB made a great throw and receiver made a good catch..there was good coverage, but the throw was perfectly placed. That's football.
People are clamoring for a blitz...how many sacks did we have and how effective was our blitz all game?
We need to stop blaming coaches and start laying the blame where it belongs...on players. Their players beat our players...and our players beat ourselves with mistakes...that, is the summary of this loss...not bad coaching!

Ok how about a major rebuild. As to the QB that was all Fran. If you can't see the progress that has been made since Fran got the job than you and I are looking at two different programs. Again, I'm not talking about yesterday's game. Fran was completely out coached. I'm talking about the direction the program is going.
McCord is why he is here and babers isn't. If he keeps recruiting QBs, then maybe he is better than the others

I love all the Monday Morning QB's and coaches on this thread...This isn't Madden Football, this is the real deal. Everyone blaming the coach for the 4th and 3 completion...Their QB made a great throw and receiver made a good catch..there was good coverage, but the throw was perfectly placed. That's football.
People are clamoring for a blitz...how many sacks did we have and how effective was our blitz all game?
We need to stop blaming coaches and start laying the blame where it belongs...on players. Their players beat our players...and our players beat ourselves with mistakes...that, is the summary of this loss...not bad coaching!

Umm common sense says you don't play the best receiver in a crucial situations one on one.

Your thread title is a joke to call Fran a clown. This was a game that we never should have been in the way both lines were outplayed. Yet somehow we had a lead near the end. Fran got our guys to not quit and he also managed to find plays to keep McCord upright in the second half.

Yes, it should have been won or at the very least not been lost by allowing their star to make that play.

Fran has given this roster a significant talent boost. It will take more than one class to get it done.

It is his first HC gig, you think there wont be a few mistakes along the way ?

This year the goal should be to be above .500 and to go bowling - we are on track for that.

Actually the real big test will be next season when we will need to replace McCord.

The Coach and the Team need support not name calling after a game like this.
This x1000

I don't know how good of a coach Robinson is. The defense has left a lot to be desired so far this season and yesterday he was down 3 starters so that didn't help. My issue is I just don't like his style of defense. Bend but don't break. Not bringing pressure. I keep saying it but it's like watching Brian Ward coach defense again
OK, Orange in Virgnia (I used to be Orange in Virginia for 30 years... DC Orange club was the best in the country) you want a pressure defense? We play a 4-2, so far, we are not getting significant pressure from our front 4 alone... Fact # 1. WE are missing our best linebacker, who was also our best blitzer, look at the struggles we are having replacing Marlo Wax in just our base defense...so, who out of the backers, unless we move Diggs to backer, can bring the heat? Fact # 2...and finally, our defensive backs would need to provide more one one coverage in the blitz..and so far, are you sold on their ability to play that scheme?

This is low-level thinking. The investment to bring in McCord and some of the other players means we are trying to play big-time football. Being content with 6 wins is not that.

OK, Orange in Virgnia (I used to be Orange in Virginia for 30 years... DC Orange club was the best in the country) you want a pressure defense? We play a 4-2, so far, we are not getting significant pressure from our front 4 alone... Fact # 1. WE are missing our best linebacker, who was also our best blitzer, look at the struggles we are having replacing Marlo Wax in just our base defense...so, who out of the backers, unless we move Diggs to backer, can bring the heat? Fact # 2...and finally, our defensive backs would need to provide more one one coverage in the blitz..and so far, are you sold on their ability to play that scheme?
I'd rather force the QB to make a mistake than count on our coverage to last for 8 seconds

Aye, we don’t throw the pick 6 and we slide by with a win and 80% of these posts are gone .

But we did? I dont understand this logic. We don’t see this logic when we barely win…we get a bunch of “dont complain, we won” posts

Some of the comments and threads I've seen post game are very disappointing. Didn't know Cuse was the national title favorite and Fran Brown is Bear Bryant.

This is a process and he just took his first bad loss as a HC. Sorry that doesn't jive with people who had insane expectations after two games for a program that has been poor for 20 years.

Relax people.
Words of wisdom. Finally a sane person.

This is low-level thinking. The investment to bring in McCord and some of the other players means we are trying to play big-time football. Being content with 6 wins is not that.
Please read the post - "above .500" means more than 6 wins.

How many more ? - Truthfully, I need to see another game or two against decent competition to form an opinion as to whether we are a 7 win team vs, a 9 or 10 win team.

From what I saw this game from the line play, probably 7 or 8 should be about right. 9 would make me EXTREMELY happy.

Nailed it, if we are bringing out the bags and uping our investment in football 500 ain't the goal.

On another note, kudos to Fran nailing the top portal guy, but given we have no run game and the D is all over the place I can't imagine what this team would like like with anyone else other than McCord under center. We'd be in shambles. I expect him to get picked a lot more going forward if we ask him to throw for 40+ attempts a game with no semblance of a run game. Opposing Ds will not have to play honest

But we did? I dont understand this logic. We don’t see this logic when we barely win…we get a bunch of “dont complain, we won” posts
Of course, we lost , that’s the fact, my post was supporting the “your not as bad las you think line “. I m saying it’s a message board and it’s obviously prone to intense overreaction.

I'd rather force the QB to make a mistake than count on our coverage to last for 8 seconds
So would I...but, who do we have that can blitz? When we did blitz yesterday, it was only minimally successful, not like we hit paydirt with every blitz. It is a gamble to blitz and some work and some don't. If we blittzed, didn't get home and they still made the first down...there would still be fans complaining... I think our issues are still personnel more than coaching and schemes..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom