Fran Brown passed his first real test | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown passed his first real test

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
It made things pretty crazy, but I don't mind that things got intense. It's ok for the coaching staff to have things to point to on film and give reminders about why execution is so critical, and just how much a missed play here or there completely changes the game.

McCord is excellent. He makes plays and he trusts his guys to make plays. When the announcers said late this was the biggest play of the game, can you think of a better set of guys to have than McCord and Gadsden?

It made things pretty crazy, but I don't mind that things got intense. It's ok for the coaching staff to have things to point to on film and give reminders about why execution is so critical, and just how much a missed play here or there completely changes the game.

McCord is excellent. He makes plays and he trusts his guys to make plays. When the announcers said late this was the biggest play of the game, can you think of a better set of guys to have than McCord and Gadsden?
Amen

With Fran Brown at the helm......there's a sweet smell of success in the air (dome) again!

Our past is second to none and now, we'll no longer be thought of as a program of the past...but as a FB Force of the future

GO 'CUSE, SYRACUSE FOREVER!

I know the Marrone haters will cringe, but I think Fran has a bit of Marrone in him, just in one important area: being prepared for his first head coaching gig: notebooks full of info,worked under championship coaches, ready for the gig. No other way are they alike, to be clear

I know the Marrone haters will cringe, but I think Fran has a bit of Marrone in him, just in one important area: being prepared for his first head coaching gig: notebooks full of info,worked under championship coaches, ready for the gig. No other way are they alike, to be clear
I mean, that's a pretty good way to be similar.

They’ll go head to head November 9.

That matchup is looking a lot more compelling than it might have preseason.

Are there still fans wishing we hired Dan Mullen? So far, Fran Brown has done everything he said that he would do. This team looks way more capable than any team I have seen in the recent past, save maybe, our 10 win team. It is still early, but, McCord is a pro, and he has some weapons around him. the offensive line...What are your thoughts? McCord seems to get rid of the ball quickly...but teams are really going to start to throw pressure his way going forward. Overall, the issues I see with this team, are all fixable!! Let's go Orange!!!

Are there still fans wishing we hired Dan Mullen? So far, Fran Brown has done everything he said that he would do. This team looks way more capable than any team I have seen in the recent past, save maybe, our 10 win team. It is still early, but, McCord is a pro, and he has some weapons around him. the offensive line...What are your thoughts? McCord seems to get rid of the ball quickly...but teams are really going to start to throw pressure his way going forward. Overall, the issues I see with this team, are all fixable!! Let's go Orange!!!
The pass protection so far looks pretty good, and McCord is smart enough to make quick reads and dump it fast. He's really good.

I just don't think teams are going to be able to go super blitz heavy and tee off on McCord. Between his ability, Haynes/Hatcher/Meeks outside, Gadsden going Gadsden things and Pena doing Pena things, plus LQA and Nixon showing ability catching passes out of the backfield, there's a lot of risk to sending guys at McCord.

We're not used to that, honestly.

I love how they came out throwing that last drive even though it didn't really work.

GT welcome to the top 25, now get out. Fran just foreclosed on your 15 minutes of fame.
I don't know how GT was getting so much hype after week 1 when BC curb stomped FSU. They are good, not great. Syracuse whooped them, despite the score. I hope people don't focus on the final score and look at the game and realize Syracuse absolutely whooped their asses.

I don't know how GT was getting so much hype after week 1 when BC curb stomped FSU. They are good, not great. Syracuse whooped them, despite the score. I hope people don't focus on the final score and look at the game and realize Syracuse absolutely whooped their asses.
Well nobody knew they were going to get crushed by BC at the time.

Well nobody knew they were going to get crushed by BC at the time.
Yeah, week zero, but after week one they were still getting hype and thankfully ranked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom