Fran Brown's Big In Philly | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown's Big In Philly

Symphony Steve

All American
Check out this article from the Inquirer:

Camden native Fran Brown is next up as Syracuse football coach. Several local recruits have taken notice.

I'm a subscriber (J-School habits die hard). But here's an excerpt for y'all:

"“I think [Brown] will do a tremendous job [recruiting], especially in our region and in our area,” Roman Catholic coach Rick Prete said in a phone interview. “He’s not just a local coach. He’s one of the best recruiters in the country. It can be a great opportunity for a lot of the kids in our area, but it could also be even more competitive to get to Syracuse because of his ability to also recruit nationally.”

"Kids see [Brown] as someone who has made something good out of himself coming from similar places and I think he inspires a lot of kids,” Prete said.

Perhaps that’s one reason three Jersey recruits have already changed their commitments, while others seem to be on the way."

"Neumann Goretti coach Albie Crosby, who has known Brown for more than a decade, said the new Syracuse coach’s intelligence and charisma help him relate “on the streets of Camden” and “boardrooms of Fortune 500 companies.”

“I think he’s a guy people relate to and are comfortable with because he’s comfortable in his skin,” Crosby said, “so they can be comfortable in theirs.”

“He’s extremely honest,” Crosby continued. “In this business, you get to see people who aren’t, who tell you what you want to hear. But his transparency … is probably his biggest asset.”

Great article, well worth your time.

Camden native Fran Brown is next up as Syracuse football coach. Several local recruits have taken notice.

"“I think [Brown] will do a tremendous job [recruiting], especially in our region and in our area,” Roman Catholic coach Rick Prete said in a phone interview. “He’s not just a local coach. He’s one of the best recruiters in the country. It can be a great opportunity for a lot of the kids in our area, but it could also be even more competitive to get to Syracuse because of his ability to also recruit nationally.”

"Kids see [Brown] as someone who has made something good out of himself coming from similar places and I think he inspires a lot of kids,” Prete said.

Perhaps that’s one reason three Jersey recruits have already changed their commitments, while others seem to be on the way."

"Neumann Goretti coach Albie Crosby, who has known Brown for more than a decade, said the new Syracuse coach’s intelligence and charisma help him relate “on the streets of Camden” and “boardrooms of Fortune 500 companies.”

“I think he’s a guy people relate to and are comfortable with because he’s comfortable in his skin,” Crosby said, “so they can be comfortable in theirs.”

“He’s extremely honest,” Crosby continued. “In this business, you get to see people who aren’t, who tell you what you want to hear. But his transparency … is probably his biggest asset.”

Hmmm, inquiring minds want ro know?

Thanks for posting.

The “boardroom” quote sticks out to me.

The high school recruits are one thing and that’s obviously awesome.

But not enough is made about how he got the job. By most accounts, he is not on our radar, he calls ADJW and says he’s interested in a 10-15 minute call. They follow up with what is supposed to be a 10 minute call and it lasts for 90. Instantly becomes the front runner over Chesney, who also impressed in the interview from what we’ve heard.

It’s one thing to sell an 16-18 year old kid. It’s completely another to sell Wildhack who has sat in some high level meetings and met some influential people.

It’s one reason I’m not super worried about the NIL stuff. We have rich alums and fans. We have Fran. Put those two in a room and I just think we’ll get what we need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom