Frank Howard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard

I'm on the fence with what I expect from Frank, but I agree that his success will increase if he feels valued. It appears that Frank struggles with confidence and a public endorsement from JB can only help. JB was smart to stand by him. I think Frank has the tools to succeed. IMO his struggle is more a mental one. Here's hoping he's got his mojo back because SU will be a much better team if he is contributing.

unless you're in the "spare the rod" school of thinking HC has done his game confidence no favors.
Conversely, unless you're in the "JB destroys his players" school of thinking, Frank earned JB's ire on and off the court and JB has supported him anyway, when many here predicted he'd be told to transfer or be outright dismissed.

I'm on the fence with what I expect from Frank, but I agree that his success will increase if he feels valued. It appears that Frank struggles with confidence and a public endorsement from JB can only help. JB was smart to stand by him. I think Frank has the tools to succeed. IMO his struggle is more a mental one. Here's hoping he's got his mojo back because SU will be a much better team if he is contributing.
Sometimes people underestimate JAB's management skills. Especially the way he "managed" a guy like Roberson. However, you don't win 1000 games if you aren't a good manager of your people. I agree with what you are saying. I'm more bullish now on FH than I have ever been.

Sometimes people underestimate JAB's management skills. Especially the way he "managed" a guy like Roberson. However, you don't win 1000 games if you aren't a good manager of your people. I agree with what you are saying. I'm more bullish now on FH than I have ever been.

Yep. I have to admit I thought Frank was a lost cause after seeing him fade away quickly last year. There is no doubt though as I noted previously that sometimes responsibility can bring out the best in a kid even when everyone feels it is undeserved. Sending Frank to media day is a very public endorsement and he seemed to really soak it up. Looking forward to Wednesday to see if there are signs of maturity and results from this move.

Yep. I have to admit I thought Frank was a lost cause after seeing him fade away quickly last year. There is no doubt though as I noted previously that sometimes responsibility can bring out the best in a kid even when everyone feels it is undeserved. Sending Frank to media day is a very public endorsement and he seemed to really soak it up. Looking forward to Wednesday to see if there are signs of maturity and results from this move.
So am I! I hope/wish/pray/desire/fantasize that this season will be better than I and many think it will be.

Outside of Battle there's nobody else to send. Have a feeling if anybody else was on the squad that's played then they would've sent them.

Outside of Battle there's nobody else to send. Have a feeling if anybody else was on the squad that's played then they would've sent them.

Why not just send 1 guy then?

Why not just send 1 guy then?
Yes, I agree that it’s a confidence booster by JB. A masterful move. Nothing succeeds like success and confidence is the soil success grows in.

Moyer was there all year last year. He could have gone. That would have been the only real other choice for me.

I think Frank is going to surprise this year, by surprise I mean be a solid contributing part of the guard rotation. Everyone expects instant results from these days, some kids take longer to mature, develop and grow into who they end up being (Allen Griffen, Z Simms etc). He had some set backs and he could have easily transferred or quit, lot of players in his situation do, but he didn't and stuck with it. It takes mental strength to overcome big obstacles in life. That in it of itself is a very positive sign for him mentally. As far as his skill set is concerned, I think he will be a sold shooter, and be able to create from time to time which is what this team needs. I hope his defense has improved and he is more active at the top of the zone, that's going to be key. Im optimistic about Frank and what he can do in that defacto 6th-7th man role.

Moyer was there all year last year. He could have gone. That would have been the only real other choice for me.

He didn't play is what I was meaning. 72 was as well, but I wouldn't send him either. FH was a very defaulty pick. Plus if we're going to count on Frank, probably not best to snub him over 2 guys that have done nothing in Orange yet.

He didn't play is what I was meaning. 72 was as well, but I wouldn't send him either. FH was a very defaulty pick. Plus if we're going to count on Frank, probably not best to snub him over 2 guys that have done nothing in Orange yet.
No, I get you. Moyer was another option because he seems much more vocal. That's all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom