Frankly, From Cohen's Description of the 2 QBs... | Syracusefan.com

Frankly, From Cohen's Description of the 2 QBs...

It means Cohen is a jackass who has no idea of what he speaks and we probably shouldn't pay too much attention to his opinions.

Maybe both QBs are mediocre, but I'll wait for literally anyone other than Cohen to say as much. He's got zero credibility.

It means Cohen is a jackass who has no idea of what he speaks and we probably shouldn't pay too much attention to his opinions.

Maybe both QBs are mediocre, but I'll wait for literally anyone other than Cohen to say as much. He's got zero credibility.

Chris Carlson handled the Hunt "analysis."

they both sounded bad. Don't know what that means.

How do you get that? Don't sound bad at all. Both completed over 50% of passes. Just because there were no bombs doesn't mean they were bad.

Chris Carlson handled the Hunt "analysis."

No he just posted Cohen's analysis. Theyre probably catching on to the fact that few people are reading articles with Cohen's name at the top.

I'd be willing to be Cohen never played football in his life.

No he just posted Cohen's analysis. Theyre probably catching on to the fact that few people are reading articles with Cohen's name at the top.

Really? That's odd because under Hunt's writeup they made a point to say that Cohen handled the writeup for Allen (the insinuation being that Carlson wrote the Hunt writeup). So they went out of their way to even have Carlson's byline under the Hunt writeup? That's ridiculous and misleading.

I hope you realize that 90% or more of sports journalists never played football.

I highly doubt Mike Waters played anything other than flute growing up. Doesnt mean he isn't a decent sportswriter.

I wasn't overly impressed by the situation from the sound of the recap. But Shafer said in his presser that there were several key drops. So maybe that had an impact.

Two weeks til Penn State- Wait and see I guess.

I wasn't overly impressed by the situation from the sound of the recap. But Shafer said in his presser that there were several key drops. So maybe that had an impact.

This. It sounds like there were a few blatant drops.

Well considering they probably weren't over 25 yds who cares.

it was the first scrimmage -kids will be tight because they know how tight the competition is

the oline will dictate how this season goes- the qb just has to play smart and get the ball down field a few times a game - the run will set up the pass for this years team- i hope we have the bigs

I hope you realize that 90% or more of sports journalists never played football.

I highly doubt Mike Waters played anything other than flute growing up. Doesnt mean he isn't a decent sportswriter.

and not even jazz flute either...im picturing a flute-a-phone

170px-Furulya_001.jpg

Good book, by the way.

image.jpg

Really? That's odd because under Hunt's writeup they made a point to say that Cohen handled the writeup for Allen (the insinuation being that Carlson wrote the Hunt writeup). So they went out of their way to even have Carlson's byline under the Hunt writeup? That's ridiculous and misleading.

You're correct. I misread it this AM.

I'd hope that the Post-Standard or more appropriately Cohen himself would visit this board given that we're probably most representative of the target audience. I'd hope they/him would realize that his writing is a dumpsterfire of coverage.

I guess but would assume they played or watched enough to at some point realize most passes aren't 25 yards in the air. Teams are working high % plays that can result in first downs or a chunk of yards to get them towards that objective. 40 yard passes are beautiful when they work but they are a low % play. Geno Smith and Matt Barkley threw for a ton of yards last year but most we're passes under 10 yards that their WR's did all the work on. Almost every time Smith threw deep on us, our DB was in a better spot to make a play than his WR.

When did this become known as a flute-a-phone? In the 70s and 80s it was a "recorder".

its referenced as both...flute-a-phone and/or recorder. I was born when The Dome was born..so flute-a-phone was used in the 80s.

they both sounded bad. Don't know what that means.

Forgetting this board's universal bias against Cohen for a minute, let's remember that LB and DB are considered great strengths of this year's team.

It's not hard to assume that a QB with less than 20 days on the team (practicing) and another who has been behind Nassib (and possibly Loeb) for years would struggle just a little bit in passing against this defense in game situations.

Let's give it some time before we jump off a proverbial cliff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom