Free Throws | Syracusefan.com

Free Throws

'72 Orange

Starter
What has typically been an achilles heel for SU has turned into an effective weapon for this team. I don't expect they will continue to hit at the 88.7% Maui Tourney pace but I definitely think they are showing much better form and results.

One could argue - well the recent improvement was due to the shooter friendly rims, but most of the FTs in these games have hit nothing but net.

Looking at the first 7 games, all have been at or above the 66.7% level with the one outlier being the St. Francis stinker 12/28 43%. Throw that out and we are at 76.5% for the season. I know...I know, small sample size and all things migrate to the long term average, but I am very pleased with this devlopment.

The one player who has impacted this swing is Jerami. For the first three games he was 11/24 46%. In Maui he was a blistering 12/13 92%. Another surprise is Roc who has been a solid 10/12 83% for the season.

Of course Colman continues to struggle with his FTs (48%) as well as his overall offense, but I can live with this as long as he is not forced into playing critical minutes in a close game with Baye & Roc in foul trouble. What would an SU team be without a center who cant hit the broad side of a barn?

We have a lot to be Thankful for as SU fans! Now let's go out and get Bowl eligible on Sat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom