#FreeBenny | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

#FreeBenny

If Cole and Jimmy are gone why wouldn’t he come back? He needs to get better to people it’s not like he has taken advantage of his minutes
Because his head coach, the man that currently controls his basketball future, has been very clear that he doesn't respect him, doesn't believe in him, and doesn't appear to have a plan for him.

It’s the craziest thing. Never seen anything like it. Benny is such a good kid!
I don’t know what to make of it anymore. Good kid or not he hasn’t exactly been lighting it up. To be honest he has frequently looked lost out there. I keep wondering if Boeheim’s style of “motivation” has wrecked him.

He’s played terribly. Which either means his recruitment was a horrific miss, or the coaching staff has failed miserably at preparing him to play.

Either way, it’s a terrible look.

#FREEBENNY

Every game Benny Willliams plays any minutes from now until the end of the season, get a free gallon of windshield wiper fluid at your local NAPA with proof of ticket.

Because his head coach, the man that currently controls his basketball future, has been very clear that he doesn't respect him, doesn't believe in him, and doesn't appear to have a plan for him.
Yep

I don’t know what to make of it anymore. Good kid or not he hasn’t exactly been lighting it up. To be honest he has frequently looked lost out there. I keep wondering if Boeheim’s style of “motivation” has wrecked him.
He basically plays nearly zero minutes now. Hard to light it up

He’s played terribly. Which either means his recruitment was a horrific miss, or the coaching staff has failed miserably at preparing him to play.

Either way, it’s a terrible look.
He just looks lost like he doesn’t know what to do with the ball.

See, here's the thing though - he did look lost for a while. And then he had a couple games where it looked like he was figuring stuff out.

And that's when he stopped getting minutes.

What's going on?
He made 2 shots in one game. That’s it. He never looked like he was figuring it out. There is absolutely no feel out there yet. Having said that, Ajak...I have no words for what he did in his 10 minutes tonight.

I thought after 10 games that we had the worst starting forwards I'd ever seen here. And it wasn't even close.
I was shocked that Benny looked worse than them. But all three of them have regressed and played worse since then.
I believe the pressure of being JB's first losing season has gotten to Jim's sons and now has everyone on this team in total disarray. But the fact of the matter is Benny couldn't earn playing time over Cole and Jimmy even as bad as they have played. I don't think anyone can dispute that, but what happened to Benny tonight is absolute BS and actually hard to believe. Wow, I can't imagine being his father. He should enter the portal, there is no reason on earth for that to happen.

He made 2 shots in one game. That’s it. He never looked like he was figuring it out. There is absolutely no feel out there yet. Having said that, Ajak...I have no words for what he did in his 10 minutes tonight.
He hustled on D, no doubt. Was hoping for some threes.

I'm not saying he played very well. I'm just saying he looked a little more settled. That's an objective observation of my own.

See, here's the thing though - he did look lost for a while. And then he had a couple games where it looked like he was figuring stuff out.

And that's when he stopped getting minutes.

What's going on?

This on repeat 20x a day. Absolutely zero sense to this.

If he was getting a constant 20-30 minutes a night from game 1 and allowed to play throw his mistakes I promise you he would be our most productive forward right now but the coaches kid got to play all those minutes instead to detriment of Bennys development.

Maybe I'll join Benny in the portal. Can fans leave too?

I'm obviously kidding, but my gawd. The state of our program is absolutely terrible. Someone with pants needs to step up and make a move. I'm looking at you, JW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom