FSU vs The ACC | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

Syracuse will have a seat at the big boy table regardless of what a fan of a program that has one double digit win season this millennium says.
you think we'll be in the SEC or BIG? I personally think no chance it happens. I think we'll be at the kids table when the dust settles for football and a reconstituted big east for olympic/hoops. The kids table for football will be fine for us just don't see a path forward for the big 2 for us.

you think we'll be in the SEC or BIG? I personally think no chance it happens. I think we'll be at the kids table when the dust settles for football and a reconstituted big east for olympic/hoops. The kids table for football will be fine for us just don't see a path forward for the big 2 for us.
While I respectfully disagree that SU will not end up at the Big boys table, the Big 12 would gladly jump at a new market the size of NY. Especially with WVU, Pitt and Louisville as projected by most clueless interweb prognosticators. The Big 12 needs any and all credibility it can muster. I don't see SU dropping down.

My reaction:

1718725656040.gif

If major college football becomes two mega conferences I believe Syracuse would be in the Big Ten conglomerate, doesn’t matter if its a four division 8 or 9 team apiece 64 or 72 team P2. Syracuse makes the cut.

We would be in the East/NE division of the Big Ten with Penn State, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Boston College, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Maryland. With UVA If its 9 teams.

Last edited:
If major college football becomes two mega conferences I believe Syracuse would be in the Big Ten conglomerate, doesn’t matter if its a four division 8 or 9 team apiece 64 or 72 team P2. Syracuse makes the cut.

We would be in the East/NE division of the Big Ten with Penn State, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Boston College, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Maryland. With UVA If its 9 teams.
Kind of reminds me of our skeds when we were Eastern independents before Big East football. Although I don't think ND will ever go to a conference.

I think the Big 2 are eventually going to require a minimum spend that will exceed what SU can/wants to commit. Hopefully with strong hoops partners who also opted out of the big spend.

Penn St would much rather play Pitt, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Boston College, and West Virginia, then Rutgers.

We will be in the ACC.

If not Big with a reduced share for probably 5 years

We will be in the ACC.

If not Big with a reduced share for probably 5 years
If the big adds Pitt, Notre Dame, Syracuse,
Boston College, West Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Virginia. There won't be a reduced rate.

The unbundling of the TV contracts could change everything. I think that would prevent SU from a big boy seat in FB.

I think the Big 2 are eventually going to require a minimum spend that will exceed what SU can/wants to commit. Hopefully with strong hoops partners who also opted out of the big spend.

Yeah, so many layers to this future monstrosity.

One likely foreseen thing is clear IMO, that's a weighted, if you will, type payout/revenue structure. If Syracuse is willing/able to commit, they may be included in the reindeer games, however, it will be an immense uphill battle to win and/or be maintain some degree of on field respectability.

There likely will be a base pay type revenue structure, where say each member gets a minimum piece of the pie, but from there the "real" significant win fall from a $$$ standpoint will be results, ranking, et al type based. The major players will make up/construct, etc. the terms of the agreement, and the likes of Syracuse, etc., if they are so fortunate to be included, will have absolutely zero leverage to negotiate otherwise. If they don't agree or think the particular structure is fair, etc., oh well, too bad. The powers that be will simply say you are free to join the lessor tier, etc. conferences...and we wish you well kind of deal.

Even if SU's in, their likely plight is bottom or even mid-bottom type tier, at least from a consistency standpoint. And, as a result, likely becoming a relative pigeon holed nada factor permanently and will just continue to fall further off the cliff for that next round of infrastructure type upgrades, etc. due to the huge $$$ differences.

Last edited:
The unbundling of the TV contracts could change everything. I think that would prevent SU from a big boy seat in FB.
It would prevent half the schools that play football.

One likely foreseen thing is clear IMO, that's a weighted, if you will, type payout/revenue structure. If Syracuse is willing/able to commit, they may be included in the reindeer games, however, it will be an immense uphill battle to win and/or be maintain some degree of on field respectability.

There likely will be a base pay type revenue structure, where say each member gets a minimum piece of the pie, but from there the "real" significant win fall from a $$$ standpoint will be results, ranking, et al type based. The major players will make up/construct, etc. the terms of the agreement, and the likes of Syracuse, etc., if they are so fortunate to be included, will have absolutely zero leverage to negotiate otherwise. If they don't agree or think the particular structure is fair, etc., oh well, too bad. The powers that be will simply say you are free to join the lessor tier, etc. conferences...and we wish you well kind of deal.

Even if SU's in, their likely plight is bottom or even mid-bottom type tier, at least from a consistency standpoint. And, as a result, likely becoming a relative pigeon holed nada factor permanently and will just continue to fall further off the cliff for that next round of infrastructure type upgrades, etc. due to the huge $$$ differences.
Winning cures all. Think positive as we are on an up swing. If you think negative, that is exactly where you will be. Think Positive and WIN.

Last edited:
If he decides in their favor it will be appealed up the ladder
I find it interesting because the same situation happened in Maryland when Maryland wanted to leave the ACC. They filed a lawsuit against the ACC in Maryland and the ACC filed a lawsuit against Maryland in North Carolina.

In the lawsuit in Maryland, the Maryland judge said jurisdiction was clearly in North Carolina and shut down the lawsuit filed in Maryland.

This Florida judge appears very confused and poorly prepared. I think he has been on the bench a few years too long.

I find it interesting because the same situation happened in Maryland when Maryland wanted to leave the ACC. They filed a lawsuit against the ACC in Maryland and the ACC filed a lawsuit against Maryland in North Carolina.

In the lawsuit in Maryland, the Maryland judge said jurisdiction was clearly in North Carolina and shut down the lawsuit filed in Maryland.

This Florida judge appears very confused and poorly prepared. I think he has been on the bench a few years too long.
He's BS crazy like most of FSU clan

The feed was supposed to start again at 3:30 pm but every aspect of this trial misses its deadline. There should be more news shortly though.

The judge has ruled in favor of FSU.

UPDATE (3:18 p.m.): Judge John C. Cooper has officially denied the ACC’s motion to dismiss FSU’s lawsuit over personal jurisdiction issues. He said the ACC has entered into a sports media business venture in Florida centered on the home athletic events of the Seminoles and Miami.

The court has taken a break to move onto the next stage.

UPDATE (3:04 p.m.): Judge John C. Cooper is continue to explain his ruling. He said he believes Florida has a “unique interest in adjudicating the dispute” because it involves a state entity (Florida State) that gets money from the state. There are also potential issues of sovereign immunity in the ACC-FSU dispute in North Carolina.

UPDATE (2:42 p.m.): Judge John C. Cooper is continuing to explain his ruling. One key jurisdictional issue is whether the ACC does enough business in Florida to be sued here. Cooper described the FSU and Miami home games that ESPN and the ACC Network air through the ACC.

“I believe that’s business conducted in Florida by ACC along with FSU and the University of Miami,” Cooper said.

He later calls the ACC’s business “significant” in the state.

UPDATE (2:33 p.m.): Judge John C. Cooper is siding with Florida State. His ruling from the bench is rejecting the ACC’s jurisdictional arguments that the conference shouldn’t be sued in Leon County.

UPDATE (3:18 p.m.): Judge John C. Cooper has officially denied the ACC’s motion to dismiss FSU’s lawsuit over personal jurisdiction issues. He said the ACC has entered into a sports media business venture in Florida centered on the home athletic events of the Seminoles and Miami.

UPDATE (3:04 p.m.): Judge John C. Cooper is continue to explain his ruling. He said he believes Florida has a “unique interest in adjudicating the dispute” because it involves a state entity (Florida State) that gets money from the state. There are also potential issues of sovereign immunity in the ACC-FSU dispute in North Carolina.

UPDATE (2:42 p.m.): Judge John C. Cooper is continuing to explain his ruling. One key jurisdictional issue is whether the ACC does enough business in Florida to be sued here. Cooper described the FSU and Miami home games that ESPN and the ACC Network air through the ACC.

“I believe that’s business conducted in Florida by ACC along with FSU and the University of Miami,” Cooper said.

UPDATE (2:33 p.m.): Judge John C. Cooper is siding with Florida State. His ruling from the bench is rejecting the ACC’s jurisdictional arguments that the conference shouldn’t be sued in Leon County.
Ok how long until the appeal is filed

I do have a question?, Lets go back in time, the year is 1998, what was the type of viewership/draw for Syracuse University, particularly meaning football and basketball as it relates to TV viewership. With the way I trust the ship is turning finally, those are the eyeballs you need to look at and those are the eyeballs that ADJW and the Chancellor certainly will be pushing concerning our ability to compete. It ridiculously took this long to turn the boat, it has not completely turned yet, however, it is and I trust no longer taking on water.

Some “home cooking” going on there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom