Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

chris carlson‏Verified account @ccarlsononSU 10m10 minutes ago
Sala on South Campus: we're concerned with freshman and sophomores who are forced to South Campus, not those who choose to be there.

chris carlson‏Verified account @ccarlsononSU 10m10 minutes ago
Sala on South Campus: Never did I say that was all going away. But we're focused on getting freshman and sophomores on main campus.

chris carlson‏Verified account @ccarlsononSU 6m6 minutes ago
Profess Sam Gorovitz brings up idea that many athletes aren't getting an "authentic" academic experience, are enclosed in "silo."

chris carlson‏Verified account @ccarlsononSU 5m5 minutes ago
Questioner asks if improvements will impact the city positively and do anything about the "bubble" feel of campus.

chris carlson‏Verified account @ccarlsononSU 5m5 minutes ago
Dean Kathryn Newton says it's something they're aware of and actively discussing, and she feels good about that.

image7145023x.jpg

I dont think they want to be here in 2022 hoping some project gets done before the life runs out in 2024..
if they dont have this resolved before 2020 they might as well look at just doing another inflated roof project.

Very interesting - such a requirement could really put a dent in all of the planned student housing projects around the Hill.

What about the frat, sorority houses? Valuable real estate. Do they already require sophomores to live on campus?

Was hoping sooner..
The maximum lifespan is 25 years. Given the precarious nature of these structures, I would be shocked if they waited that long to replace it. It would be a tremendous gamble and they are already tempting fate in a big way by continuing to use this type of solution when everyone else who used it has replaced it with something better.

Note that they replaced the original roof in 1999, after 19 years. If they go with another air supported roof, I bet it happens before 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom