Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Agreed, this had to be a really important bid for Ephesus to win. Syracuse was in a great position to get a really good price here. I think the same will apply when the AC contract goes out. It would be a PR disaster for Carrier if an AC system was finally installed and it was not manufactured by Carrier. Rumors say Carrier to going to throw in an AC system as part of a new agreement to keep the name of the renovated facility the same...
That AC system better be worth about $30 mil over the next 10-12 years.

If you look at the photo you will see a person on a ladder to the right. That is the portion of the wall that is being painted orange. It looks really sharp in person when contrasted with the blue padding, orange beams, and white upper walls.
The wall bothers me less than the beams.

You are going to love the improvements to the Indoor Practice Facility. By the end of next week they will be finished painting the brick portion of the walls and beams orange.
Kinda odd, IMO, for the huge photo of Alton to be featured on the wall. Especially with the other photo being a generic "#44" player.

Heard local company got the lighting contract. Ephesus Lighting... I'm sure they aren't making much. It would be bad publicity if they lost out to a competitor.

Yes...and Yes...although that competitor has their lights all over campus already.

Yes...and Yes...although that competitor has their lights all over campus already.

Do you know if there will be new LED lighting in the concourses as part of this phase? I always thought the Dome concourses would feel less like a dungeon if there was some bluer, brighter lights, rather than the dim lights that are in there now.

Do you know if there will be new LED lighting in the concourses as part of this phase? I always thought the Dome concourses would feel less like a dungeon if there was some bluer, brighter lights, rather than the dim lights that are in there now.

To the extent that any thought's gone into it (and I don't know that it has), SU probably doesn't want the dirty concrete and exposed mechanicals to be illuminated any more than they already are.

I hope there will be two flags hanging from that crane:

2-480.de1uNcYKlaNyhoxA2r1sj9kniSw8IiNCDkNVrFHs.jpg

and

cheerleaders-waive-a-syracuse-orange-flag-during-the-game-against-the-picture-id1037856452

To the extent that any thought's gone into it (and I don't know that it has), SU probably doesn't want the dirty concrete and exposed mechanicals to be illuminated any more than they already are.
Yes. And while we’re at it please no blue or UV lights in the bathroom stalls or pee troughs.

I don’t believe that concourses were involved in the bid. I think it was all field of play lighting. The designs I was privy to showcases LED’s on existing structures for football and a moveable truss with fixtures to adjust for basketball. There was also going to be fixtures that project colors, specifically orange for the interior of the roof, certain parts of the crowd and where the team runs out. Projecting color into crowds and onto hardwood is difficult. I am interested in seeing the work Ephesus does. LED lighting is really really cool and there are a lot of fun things you can do.

No worries. I understand it's Canada, where hockey...and beer run supreme. :) The intent of my original post wasn't to imply that the Dome was on the same plane as Toronto's venue and all that that encompasses, as much as the point that an existing building being "renamed" has significant value of sorts. We've had quite a few discussions in several of these Dome threads regarding this matter...it will be interesting to see how it ultimately plays out.

In my opinion, Carrier's donation at the time was a "gift" (not "naming rights") and a contribution to the local community/area in which they had a significant presence at the time. That was the derived intent/spirit of their generosity, not one of advertising, marketing brand, increasing revenue, etc., which is the intent/spirit of today's naming rights. Ideally, the parties will reach an agreement moving forward they can both live with and feel good about, as litigating the matter will be costly, with uncertainties. However, the law is on the side of what was the original intent and spirit of the agreement, and I think in that case it favors SU, since "naming rights" as we know it today, didn't exist then and wasn't the true intent of Carrier's "gift."
That’s a helpful clarification of how SU will try to back out of this and find a new naming rights deal if they can’t come to a new agreement with Carrier.

Perhaps some sort of neon sign that flashes - stay to the right douchebags.

I keep trying to convince myself that the aesthetics of this roof choice/design isn't that unappealing...but that's about as successful for me as the 'ol uni numeral fonts. :(
Reminds me of a fishing net

There is gonna be led in.

There is gonna be led in.
Whatever lights they use I hope it’s not too bright and sterile. I don’t want to feel like I’m in a doctors waiting room.

Great idea...I sent and email to Pete Sala.
Good idea. Question: Are the gates on the Quad side of the Dome going to be closed this year? Will we have to use the gates on the Stumpies side of the Dome?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom