Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

You are going to love the improvements to the Indoor Practice Facility. By the end of next week they will be finished painting the brick portion of the walls and beams orange.

Attachments

• E28E3FB5-96DA-4930-A517-3A18C382DF67.jpeg
    E28E3FB5-96DA-4930-A517-3A18C382DF67.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 535
This. Looks. AWESOME!
You are going to love the improvements to the Indoor Practice Facility. By the end of next week they will be finished painting the brick portion of the walls and beams orange.View attachment 167862
It is awesome. The orange paint on the beams and on the brick walls below the beams will make the facility even better looking to recruits.

Attached is the Block S on the interior wall near the entrance to the IPF.

Attachments

• 80C5831D-F756-4586-A60E-686C6BF2B859.jpeg
    80C5831D-F756-4586-A60E-686C6BF2B859.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
You are going to love the improvements to the Indoor Practice Facility. By the end of next week they will be finished painting the brick portion of the walls and beams orange.

Looks fantastic. If ish ever comes back, he will be happy.

It is awesome. The orange paint on the beams and on the brick walls below the beams will make the facility even better looking to recruits.

Attached is the Block S on the interior wall near the entrance to the IPF.
I'm not down with the paint as you describe and hope they don't do it (too late I guess, but I hope they see the error and repaint it white). The lettering and graphics look nice. Maybe a dumb question, but does this cause issues with the Lax team? And before any gives me the "who cares? They don't make money" argument, I'm really only asking as this is technically an AD project/facility, and the donor with his name on the building is a lax guy.

He is a football and lacrosse guy.
I know, but he showed up to the opening ceremony with a lax stick in hand. Maybe I'm making something of nothing, but the facility is supposed to be a shared facility. Heck the locker rooms and bathrooms in the facility are designed to serve the soccer stadium.

I'm not down with the paint as you describe and hope they don't do it (too late I guess, but I hope they see the error and repaint it white). The lettering and graphics look nice. Maybe a dumb question, but does this cause issues with the Lax team? And before any gives me the "who cares? They don't make money" argument, I'm really only asking as this is technically an AD project/facility, and the donor with his name on the building is a lax guy.

I’ll venture a guess and say that anything that alters the background color from white (like painting those walls orange) will likely help the lax team see the ball better.

Unless where their painting is higher up the wall and out of the typical field of view.

Toughest thing for opposing lax goalies in the Dome is tracking a light gray ball against the concrete & silver backdrop (no admission to end zone seats for obvious reasons).

Either way I can’t imagine the new paint job (if I’m understanding it correctly) will have any negative impact on lacrosse.

A friend of mine is working on building the crane and he said 87-89 trucks of parts and he has 14 days to assemble it. That’s nuts. I couldn’t even fathom that. I also hear the system inside dome with sound and lights are gonna be sick. I really can’t wait.

A friend of mine is working on building the crane and he said 87-89 trucks of parts and he has 14 days to assemble it. That’s nuts. I couldn’t even fathom that. I also hear the system inside dome with sound and lights are gonna be sick. I really can’t wait.
Heard local company got the lighting contract. Ephesus Lighting... I'm sure they aren't making much. It would be bad publicity if they lost out to a competitor.

Heard local company got the lighting contract. Ephesus Lighting... I'm sure they aren't making much. It would be bad publicity if they lost out to a competitor.
I don’t know. Su doesn’t always go to lowest bidder. They go to people that do good work and who the people that make the decisions know. They don’t mind paying as long as there is quality work done.

That's great to hear, would love if it helped the Dome get a couple more concerts during the year

Pete Sala talks about that in that video posted.

What would be great is if naming rights were to become available, Ephesus or their parent company, Eaton, stepped up to the plate. (I just derailed this thread into a naming rights argument, didn't I?)

I don’t know. Su doesn’t always go to lowest bidder. They go to people that do good work and who the people that make the decisions know. They don’t mind paying as long as there is quality work done.
But would Ephesus (Eaton) want to take a chance?

They couldn't afford to have Musco get the contract with their HQ about 2-3 miles north of the stadium. Musco would surely used that in their advertising literature.

I’ll venture a guess and say that anything that alters the background color from white (like painting those walls orange) will likely help the lax team see the ball better.

Unless where their painting is higher up the wall and out of the typical field of view.

Toughest thing for opposing lax goalies in the Dome is tracking a light gray ball against the concrete & silver backdrop (no admission to end zone seats for obvious reasons).

Either way I can’t imagine the new paint job (if I’m understanding it correctly) will have any negative impact on lacrosse.
Visibility and practice/play ability was not the point of my post, and I agree with you about that aspect. I was referring to the graphics themselves being entirely “football-centric”

But would Ephesus (Eaton) want to take a chance?

They couldn't afford to have Musco get the contract with their HQ about 2-3 miles north of the stadium. Musco would surely used that in their advertising literature.
Agreed, this had to be a really important bid for Ephesus to win. Syracuse was in a great position to get a really good price here. I think the same will apply when the AC contract goes out. It would be a PR disaster for Carrier if an AC system was finally installed and it was not manufactured by Carrier. Rumors say Carrier to going to throw in an AC system as part of a new agreement to keep the name of the renovated facility the same...

If you look at the photo you will see a person on a ladder to the right. That is the portion of the wall that is being painted orange. It looks really sharp in person when contrasted with the blue padding, orange beams, and white upper walls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom