Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Smaller crane and a lift near gate E.

41FADA6A-C2CB-405B-87A9-D1A03B115273.jpeg

Smaller crane and a lift near gate E.

View attachment 168198
The dome would look pretty amazing if after they encased those supports in concrete they install faux brick or Rock over it.

What? You don't like the bare bones utilitarian look? Especially at a university with a renowned architecture school? With beautiful buildings nearby? (HoL, Crouse, Hendricks, etc.) I mean, it...goes...so...well...

It really would look better with some incorporated façade (brick, stone, Ivy, paint, anything but drab).

Meh. I am really underwhelmed by this. Signage is uninspired. Looks like they put billboards over bland walls. Could have been much better

This is imo. Disappointed

Meh. I am really underwhelmed by this. Signage is uninspired. Looks like they put billboards over bland walls. Could have been much better

You are more than welcome to make a sufficiently large donation to have them decorate the IPF in a manner that would not disappoint you. ;)

It is a HUGE improvement.
Definitely a step in the right direction.

I have been saying for years that it needed *something* on those huge, bare, blank walls.
Glad they finally did something about it.

You are more than welcome to make a sufficiently large donation to have them decorate the IPF in a manner that would not disappoint you. ;)

I have been saying for years that it needed *something* on those huge, bare, blank walls.

I agree. It looks good in person. My wish is that they added more natural light when it was built, but that train left the station.

The practice facility is excellent. As to the Dome i expect that long term the University will continue to add upgrades. One thought is to use exterior lighting as an esthetic tool.

When the stadium is done it will be one of the best venues in collegiate sports.

Is that X-bracing going to be installed in every section? Would make it harder to let in natural light through the exterior walls if that’s something they want to consider down the road.

But yeah I’ll take glass instead of bricks.

Nice view of the dome and crane from the clubhouse at the Burnett Park Golf Course

The practice facility is excellent. As to the Dome i expect that long term the University will continue to add upgrades. One thought is to use exterior lighting as an esthetic tool.

When the stadium is done it will be one of the best venues in collegiate sports.
I thought at one point there was talk of lighting it up orange and blue at night, I could be imagining it though

I thought at one point there was talk of lighting it up orange and blue at night, I could be imagining it though
I think that was just posters talking. I have seen pictures of other stadiums with "outside" colored lighting. It could be done.

I agree. It looks good in person. My wish is that they added more natural light when it was built, but that train left the station.
That got VE’d out

I think that was just posters talking. I have seen pictures of other stadiums with "outside" colored lighting. It could be done.
I may have taken part in that. I think the Super Dome in New Orleans is the best example. Something to be considered however will be the impact of lighting on the adjacent library, classroom buildings, dormitories, and of course, the thing that made the Dome so utilitarian in the first place, cost (Cap Ex and Op Ex).

Is that X-bracing going to be installed in every section? Would make it harder to let in natural light through the exterior walls if that’s something they want to consider down the road.

But yeah I’ll take glass instead of bricks.
I believe the X bracing is only going to be installed in the corner sections of the dome (that go diagonally, not north-south or east-west). That is where the stress of the load will be greatest.

This decision will make expanding the concourses a lot harder. I am saddened by it but I am sure it was the most cost effective option to strengthen the walls to allow them to support the much heavier roof (actually 2 roofs for some period of time). While I hate to admit it, it was surely the right decision.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom