Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 172 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Haven’t read exactly what the upgrades involve. This video isn’t super clear on what they have done.

Looks like new dugouts, a new outdoor batting cage with a turf surface, and a new outfield fence. Also maybe a new fence in front of the new dugouts.

New platform for a TV camera behind CF?

They linger on the scoreboard, which doesn’t look very high end but perhaps is also new?

Overall nice upgrades.
It mentions softball upgrades in this posting from last May, but not a whole lot more as far as details.

Softball Stadium Upgrades: Softball Stadium upgrades to the field, dugouts and bullpens are planned to start this summer and extend through the fall/winter to be ready for the 2024 season.

I thought maybe they bought a new turf spreader that handles a better load?

You're a new turf spreader that handles a better load. :p

Arriving Bryan Callen GIF by ABC Network

the large post is puzzling. Where there small posts to stop vehicles or something where the smaller ones were? Maybe there will be a finish coating on the floor when it is all done or some fancy fake wood linoleum?

the large post is puzzling. Where there small posts to stop vehicles or something where the smaller ones were? Maybe there will be a finish coating on the floor when it is all done or some fancy fake wood linoleum?
The smaller ones could be floor outlets.

Are they going to cut into the dome walls for this or is it just going to be an add-on?
That’s what I’m so curious about. Also the Barnes side at present is an exterior wall with windows. Curious how that turns out when this is finished. They did something similar with Maxwell way back, which turned out nicely.

It appears that the design has slightly changed and been scaled back...in the renderings the right side of the overhang extends past the corner of the dome. Now it stops at the 3rd dome wall pillar. I hope corners aren't being cut and this still turns out great like the renderings showed.

Attachments

• picsart_23_02_12_22_01_43_868_720.0.jpg
    picsart_23_02_12_22_01_43_868_720.0.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 90
It appears that the design has slightly changed and been scaled back...in the renderings the right side of the overhang extends past the corner of the dome. Now it stops at the 3rd dome wall pillar. I hope corners aren't being cut and this still turns out great like the renderings showed.

it is being reduced.

Page 18, Zoning Letter to City. Item 5, section b which pours into Page 19 "Reduce...canopy overhang (1,410 SF)"

The plans on page 22-24 show the reduction. It's still going to look amazing. They are also removing a clerestory (fancy architects), moving some signage that was previously approved, and changing some paneling finish.

Last edited:
Are they going to cut into the dome walls for this or is it just going to be an add-on?

Yes - Two new enclosed entrances are being constructed. The southeast (Forestry Ave) one (see attached pic) being below "MAIN HALL". Which means that entire "main hall" area will be an expanded concourse. And it appear they will be cutting into. How high and how wide? I can't really tell from the plans but it appears its going to be pretty large.

Otto's Army found there new camping spot.

I circled the area where the cutting appears to be. And that goes all the way to the northeast corner.

Attachments

• CaptureSE.JPG
    CaptureSE.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 84
it is being reduced.

Page 18, Zoning Letter to City. Item 5, section b which pours into Page 19 "Reduce...canopy overhang (1,410 SF)"

The plans on page 22-24 show the reduction. It's still going to look amazing. They are also removing a clerestory (fancy architects), moving some signage that was previously approved, and changing some paneling finish.
Interesting. Nice find! I wonder why they scaled it back. Hopefully we get to see some renderings of what it will look like inside soon, unless thats going to be a secret. Should be a great addition

Interesting. Nice find! I wonder why they scaled it back. Hopefully we get to see some renderings of what it will look like inside soon, unless thats going to be a secret. Should be a great addition

You're going to see a lot more light penetrate into the concourse on that side. At least that's my hope.

I'm telling everyone here. This is going to dramatically enhance the experience on that side of the Dome. Almost a tad shame basketball is on the other side. But they have plans for that side too...

you’re just gonna leave us hanging?

I understand these are all concepts, but to keep it in the 2023 is interesting to me. Now, there are other concepts that include the original footprint of the Dome, no Miron Victory Court, or with the MVC. But I do ultimately think this is the University's plan going into 2037.

These renders also don't include the Physics Building, which is being renovated and in the 2023 refresh, they mention wanting to keep in part with the promenade.

Attachments

• Capture2017PG81.JPG
    Capture2017PG81.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Capture2017SPRD.JPG
    Capture2017SPRD.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Capture2023PG15.JPG
    Capture2023PG15.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 88

I understand these are all concepts, but to keep it in the 2023 is interesting to me. Now, there are other concepts that include the original footprint of the Dome, no Miron Victory Court, or with the MVC. But I do ultimately think this is the University's plan going into 2037.

These renders also don't include the Physics Building, which is being renovated and in the 2023 refresh, they mention wanting to keep in part with the promenade.
Thanks for these. The one has what looks like a fairly standard addition to the western side of the facility. Hopefully one that expands the concourse on the 100 and 300 levels. Any inside info on that?

But the thing that caught me attention is what appears to be a curved tower on top of the western annex. What the heck is that?

Thanks for these. The one has what looks like a fairly standard addition to the western side of the facility. Hopefully one that expands the concourse on the 100 and 300 levels. Any inside info on that?

But the thing that caught me attention is what appears to be a curved tower on top of the western annex. What the heck is that?
No inside info. This is all public info.

Just I know people take a lot of time and it costs a lot of money to create these renders and it has to mean something was discussed. And it's in reports only a little over a year old so it's still on the docket on someone's desk.

Still need architecture plans, environmental statements, funding, etc

Just my opinion as someone in land development.

I'd venture that's the previously discussed hotel and/or dorm structure. It is notable that it did not appear in the 2017 version (below) but does appear in the refreshed 2023 version.

SU Campus Framework.jpg

Interestingly though, the 2023 refresh document labels this "2017 Campus Framework"

SU Campus Framework.jpg

No inside info. This is all public info.

Just I know people take a lot of time and it costs a lot of money to create these renders and it has to mean something was discussed. And it's in reports only a little over a year old so it's still on the docket on someone's desk.

Still need architecture plans, environmental statements, funding, etc

Just my opinion as someone in land development.
Your big source was a rendering? I guess you weren’t around during the destiny expansion years.

I'd venture that's the previously discussed hotel and/or dorm structure. It is notable that it did not appear in the 2017 version (below) but does appear in the refreshed 2023 version.
Nice catch on those. It a proposed hotel/dorm? Interesting... that's the high rise I keep seeing I guess.
Your big source was a rendering? I guess you weren’t around during the destiny expansion years.

And they've basically followed this Master Plan over the last 6 years is also a good indication I'd say. And it's still showing up after 6 years.

Of course anything is subject to change.
Zoning rules change, stormwater requirements are getting more.strict, funding could dry up.

The concourse on that east side is widening by like 200%. You'll see the fans scream "we need this around the whole dome" after Home Game 1.

Malls =/= Universities

The concourse on that east side is widening by like 200%. You'll see the fans scream "we need this around the whole dome" after Home Game 1.
I'd wager 50-75% of the fans won't even know it's there if they never enter from that side of the stadium.

Nice catch on those. It a proposed hotel/dorm? Interesting... that's the high rise I keep seeing I guess.

That was a rumor some years ago. Perhaps just a board rumor that grew out of nothing, though. The framework document with a new "campus building opportunity" in that exact spot would probably be the most actual smoke surrounding that rumor, I guess.

And they've basically followed this Master Plan over the last 6 years is also a good indication I'd say. And it's still showing up after 6 years.

Of course anything is subject to change.
Zoning rules change, stormwater requirements are getting more.strict, funding could dry up.

Malls =/= Universities
I think the concourse widening is only happening on the East side for the 300 level.

I wish it was also happening on the 100 level.

Hopefully they do not repeat this when they work on the west end of the building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom