Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 174 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

We were influencing the Browns then ( not just a uni-thread thing). That was the original dog pound.
Maybe the inspiration for the Kennel Club too, a little closer to home?

Still wonder why this wont be ready until Nov? how much work is there to do on an atrium area like this once its closed up? they must be poking thru the walls to get that done before heavy usage starts in the fall anyway.

Still wonder why this wont be ready until Nov? how much work is there to do on an atrium area like this once its closed up? they must be poking thru the walls to get that done before heavy usage starts in the fall anyway.
Where did you hear November?

I was thinking Sala mentioned November in a recent video interview, but I could be mistaken.

From August, Sala said that he "hopes that Miron Victory Court will be ready for use at some point during the fall." I'm assuming he meant Fall of 2024, since construction hadn't even started last August, right?

He said November in his spring game interview
Just watched the interview. Confirmed.

There will be a special opening event as well it seems.

Does anyone know if the 200 level seats will be 100 or 300 seats?

Just watched the interview. Confirmed.

There will be a special opening event as well it seems.

Does anyone know if the 200 level seats will be 100 or 300 seats?
I think 300 level size...your tix rep should know

edit: see below

Last edited:
200 level is the size of the 100 level

Thanks JR...I'm looking at 300 level seats...but yes you're correct
NJneer12
Syracuse Logo

Project and Seating Info​

FAQs
Why are we doing this Project?
What does this project entail?
What will the upgraded seats look like and what size will they be?
All bench seating throughout the entire venue will be updated to chairback seating, including the 100, 200 and 300 levels – making the JMA Dome one of only a handful of college venues with chairback seating for every single fan.

The new chairback seats have been selected and ordered from partner company, Irwin Seating, and range in size from 18”-20” wide. Currently each ticket holder is allocated 18” on the metal benching, however this is directly impacted by the size of the individuals. With the new chairback seating, each guest in the 300 level will be seated in 18” wide seats. Seats in the 100 and 200 level will be 20” wide and feature arm rests.

The company supplying the seats

Last edited:
Its really not going to be ready for the first games? What the hell...it covers 2 of the main corner gates people use to get in to the games from the quad and Southeast...thats going to be a cluster if those gates arent open

Its really not going to be ready for the first games? What the hell...it covers 2 of the main corner gates people use to get in to the games from the quad and Southeast...thats going to be a cluster if those gates arent open
Gates can be open without the atrium area be usable though.

but I also would have thought this would have been a priority to get done, given the hype around the season and the fact much of this work can be done without causing issues in the dome itself.

Gates can be open without the atrium area be usable though.

but I also would have thought this would have been a priority to get done, given the hype around the season and the fact much of this work can be done without causing issues in the dome itself.

Wondering if it was always planned to be November or if construction hit some delays which is always typical in construction

Delays in time or delays in materials. Do we really know what is going on with it other than some high level drawings?

You miss Sept we have games. But Oct you have a few weeks to get things done.

Still they worked odd hours to get the roof on. And you have june july aug, just seems like a good chunk of time for an over sized garage addition. Maybe the jacuzzies are on back order.

It is pretty weird that they could put an entirely new roof on without missing any games but constructing a lobby is going to take 8+ months.

It is pretty weird that they could put an entirely new roof on without missing any games but constructing a lobby is going to take 8+ months.
All about scope and commitment.

SU paid a premium to get the roof done. This (atruim) is a smaller but still a complicated project too. However, it is a nice to have vs vital to have project

Wondering if it was always planned to be November or if construction hit some delays which is always typical in construction
I'm wondering if the "breach" (breaking through the concrete Dome wall) is the hold up. Seems to me this would entail a lot of equipment, possible excavation, and significant debris requiring closure of the surrounding spaces. If this is the case they might just be delaying the most invasive work until after graduation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom