Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

It is pretty weird that they could put an entirely new roof on without missing any games but constructing a lobby is going to take 8+ months.
My best friend constructed the beams for this new entrance, the University was SUPER anal about everything. They also changed their minds constantly on what they wanted. So a job that would've taken him a month and a half, took 3 and a half.

My best friend constructed the beams for this new entrance, the University was SUPER anal about everything. They also changed their minds constantly on what they wanted. So a job that would've taken him a month and a half, took 3 and a half.
Interesting...

Wonder what the debates are about the interior. It has been strange there's no inside rendering at all.

I also have a source working on the Miron Victory Court...they say it is VERY behind schedule, to the point that there is a bit of a freak out going on. They couldn't see how it would ever be ready for the season at this point, and with the 2 main corner entrances being a part of this construction will be a real issue come game time with people having to use other entrances.

Let's pray the figure it out fast

I also have a source working on the Miron Victory Court...they say it is VERY behind schedule, to the point that there is a bit of a freak out going on. They couldn't see how it would ever be ready for the season at this point, and with the 2 main corner entrances being a part of this construction will be a real issue come game time with people having to use other entrances.

Well BL: there is at most only 42-43K at a game.

I always was amazed at the timeline they had for this project. Felt fast and likely to be done cheaply. I also am very curious how they plan to retrofit the Sheraton into a dorm in the next 3 months ahead of Fall semester.

I always was amazed at the timeline they had for this project. Felt fast and likely to be done cheaply. I also am very curious how they plan to retrofit the Sheraton into a dorm in the next 3 months ahead of Fall semester.
I think that is pretty easy assuming they don't need to do extensive ADA or NEC stuff. A hotel and student dorm should be very similar for electrical and plumbing.

I hope this is a short term thing.

Allow the students to destroy it over the next 4-5 years until more dorms are built. Close it and gut it to turn back into a modern hotel by 2030.

Heck, didn't they erect the Empire State Building in 6 months?
I believe it was 13 months. I have a client that keeps telling me this every time I mention a construction delivery delay.

I assume they may need to spend the money to go triple shifts unless it’s a material delivery problem. Very expensive, but they can’t have 44,000 people in there with less egress. Not safe.

I believe it was 13 months. I have a client that keeps telling me this every time I mention a construction delivery delay.

Bunch of lollygaggers

ESB%20Construction%20Men%20on%20Bar.jpg

Interesting...

Wonder what the debates are about the interior. It has been strange there's no inside rendering at all.

I keep on looking for renderings and cannot find any. Why not release it?

I keep on looking for renderings and cannot find any. Why not release it

They have some external renderings. If they are making changes at this stage (with the steel structure up), they don't any have internal renderings at all to save time/money or the OG ones are so outdated they've been archived.

I'll take a planview of the interior. They have so much more room for activities!

I assume they may need to spend the money to go triple shifts unless it’s a material delivery problem. Very expensive, but they can’t have 44,000 people in there with less egress. Not safe.

Yeah have to assume that’s against fire code

Maybe if it's still just the beams that are up, they could turn it into a playground and people could swing from beam to beam... lol

I laugh reading this when they couldn't spell the last name of an SU hoops legend correctly

30 Rock is 850 feet tall. But looking down at the buildings under them, they seem like they are higher off the ground than that.

It seems more like an airplane view.

It is in fact 30 Rock and they have recreated it as a tourist attraction as part of the “Top of the Rock” experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom