Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Smaller crane and a lift near gate E.

View attachment 168198
The dome would look pretty amazing if after they encased those supports in concrete they install faux brick or Rock over it.
I have not heard anything about concrete encasement. I don’t think that is in the plans. I admit to not wanting a glorified bleacher look, or steel cage, but faux anything is a mistake in my opinion.

Crane is fully assembled. Was told that it will be raised no later than Tuesday.
Yep showing it on tv mon I guess. A college friend of mine assembled it along with a slew of other guys.

I have not heard anything about concrete encasement. I don’t think that is in the plans. I admit to not wanting a glorified bleacher look, or steel cage, but faux anything is a mistake in my opinion.
A few pages back there is a video with sala saying they will be encased

I agree. It looks good in person. My wish is that they added more natural light when it was built, but that train left the station.
My wish is they blew out one of the walls and added 2-4K pullout bleacher seats. It would give so much more flexibility in hosting some events.

Is that X-bracing going to be installed in every section? Would make it harder to let in natural light through the exterior walls if that’s something they want to consider down the road.

But yeah I’ll take glass instead of bricks.
My understanding is just in the corners.

forgive my ignorance and I know that's been discussed but is there any talk about renaming the Carrier dome or are we locked into that contract permanently?

B87CE1BD-6F89-4A0A-A175-36E94484A449.jpeg

A few pages back there is a video with sala saying they will be encased
No. What he said was that there is a big piece of steel in the lower corners that gets encased in concrete. In Bees post #2901 you can see the large piece of steel at the bottom of the x bracing.

The only encasement in concrete is the support piece of steel at the bottom of the x bar bracing.
There has been so much cladding with glass and metal of buildings lately perhaps that would be an option.

The only encasement in concrete is the support piece of steel at the bottom of the x bar bracing.
There has been so much cladding with glass and metal of buildings lately perhaps that would be an option.
Thank you. The encasement of the cross bracing didn't make structural sense to me. I re-listened to Pete Sala's statement and I thought what you are saying, but I couldn't be certain (he was a bit vague). That steel is too big for concrete encasement and that would take months just to pour and cure. We don't have that kind of time (typically structural concrete has a 21 day cure to reach a hardness to qualify for loading and that would hold up any further progress. The only other reason for encasement is an old method of fireproofing. On the exterior of the building, that would not be required (and that method is not likely to be used). I agree that the steel does very little to stop from opening the walls to glass. The concourse question is a different one, but maybe they just take the "program" out of the corners. Maybe that's where they put new elevators and escalators.

Thank you. The encasement of the cross bracing didn't make structural sense to me. I re-listened to Pete Sala's statement and I thought what you are saying, but I couldn't be certain (he was a bit vague). That steel is too big for concrete encasement and that would take months just to pour and cure. We don't have that kind of time (typically structural concrete has a 21 day cure to reach a hardness to qualify for loading and that would hold up any further progress. The only other reason for encasement is an old method of fireproofing. On the exterior of the building, that would not be required (and that method is not likely to be used). I agree that the steel does very little to stop from opening the walls to glass. The concourse question is a different one, but maybe they just take the "program" out of the corners. Maybe that's where they put new elevators and escalators.
Okay that makes sense. Sorry I misunderstood him in that video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom