Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 123 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Screenshot (26).png

So they removed the scaffolding/jackposts and plywood after pouring the concrete beneath the x bracing. Thank you NJCuse97

Drove on 690E and the crane looks massive. Looks like it's a mile in front of the Dome.

What is the roof going to be made of? It looks like 2 different materials in the drawings. Is part of it going to be translucent still?

Yes, two materials. Yes the center will be translucent, but be warned, it’s likely more on the opaque side than on the transparent side.
It certainly would be nice to see some updated renderings at some point. The public has seen nothing but bread crumbs so far.

It certainly would be nice to see some updated renderings at some point. The public has seen nothing but bread crumbs so far.
I agree. For the record I have absolutely no ties to the project, just overlapping relationships. In response, however, the school is "private" and I assume has little to no obligation to keep the public informed about a roof replacement. I know it's not apples to apples, but I am sure the school is avoiding red tape by treating this the same as if they were replacing the old roof as they did in replacing the last roof to the current one.

I agree. For the record I have absolutely no ties to the project, just overlapping relationships. In response, however, the school is "private" and I assume has little to no obligation to keep the public informed about a roof replacement. I know it's not apples to apples, but I am sure the school is avoiding red tape by treating this the same as if they were replacing the old roof as they did in replacing the last roof to the current one.
What red tape? They should be trying to keep the community engaged. Doesn't seem like it should be a big deal. Only thing I can think of is that the designs and materials are still changing... although you'd think everything is finalized at this point.

I think there has been some transparency. Sala has the occasional interview or statement about status that they put online. They have the web cam. It’s not completely dark.

What red tape? They should be trying to keep the community engaged. Doesn't seem like it should be a big deal. Only thing I can think of is that the designs and materials are still changing... although you'd think everything is finalized at this point.
They've talked about it, they had renderings, they've had clarifications on those renderings, Wilhack has talked about it numerous times. We have been engaged. Some people just want to feel like they're on the the construction management team and that's not going to happen.

When you were a kid, did you ask your parents for "renderings" of all your Christmas gifts back in October, or did you just wait to be surprised on Christmas morning?
A better analogy would be banning christmas decorations, imagery, traditions, parties, and holiday music and tell your kids a bearded fat man is coming to deliver some packages and see if your children still have the same interest level.

When you were a kid, did you ask your parents for "renderings" of all your Christmas gifts back in October, or did you just wait to be surprised on Christmas morning?

When I was young, my mom would give me the catalogues from Sears, Montgomery Ward and Spiegel, I think it was. I would lay on the floor with a pen or a marker and circle all the things that I thought were cool. That became my wish list. It was like the 1960s version of ordering from Amazon today.

Will this Clemson game be the first time we were on a Saturday night nationally televised network game (CBS, ABC, etc.) since 1999 Michigan which was on CBS?
When I was young, my mom would give me the catalogues from Sears, Montgomery Ward and Spiegel, I think it was. I would lay on the floor with a pen or a marker and circle all the things that I thought were cool. That became my wish list. It was like the 1960s version of ordering from Amazon today.
same

They have completed the Easley IPF lobby with a football photo and a sign reading the Donovan J. McNabb Lobby behind the desk at the entrance.

The facility looks great and was told the firm hired to do our upgrades was the same one used by Clemson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom